ghosts, spirits, holograms.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
emmline
antispam: No

ghosts, spirits, holograms.

Post by emmline »

For what it's worth, our house is about 58 years old.
A couple years ago el esposo mentioned that sometimes, when he was sitting in the basement tooting on his sax, or varnishing woodwork, he'd peripherally see what he took to be a little girl move by the doorway into the laundry room. He observed this again this week, and I mentioned it tonight at dinner out (daughter #2's 17th birthday.)
In addition to freaking out daughter #3, who swears she'll never do laundry unaccompanied again, the boy-child, age 13, casually observed that he's seen that as well, and that "she goes into the laundry room."
The boy kid and I maintain that if there is a ghost of any sort, it's the type that is merely a projection of energy, absorbed by the basement structures in the past, since it always does the same thing and hasn't ever been interesting to our dog, or the kitty who hangs out down there a lot. This does not comfort daughter #3, but it's interesting to think about the nature of phenomena humans have perceived as ghosts.
Ours is evidently more of the hologram than the spirit type.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Emmline, it would be interesting to know the history of the house. Are you familiar with who was living in the house prior to your ownership? This is just the time of year for a good ghost story..
emmline

Post by emmline »

Several families over the years, a number of whom had small girls, but I'm not away of any that would likely hang around to haunt. Still, if our energy hologram theory holds any water, it need not represent a tragedy but merely a loop replay of a particularly energy-significant incident.
ShadowBG625
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a member of the forum for several years. Just poking my head to catch up on all the latest happenings, as well as checking out the FS/WTB page.

Post by ShadowBG625 »

My aunt's house is "haunted". To the best of my knowledge, an old woman had died there, and she is a friendly spirit...but there is also this other spirit...a dark figure. She has children (Under 10) and the smaller is petrified of the dark as a result of this. When they come to visit us at our home, and a bedroom light is off...one that the child may pass by...he gets so scared he cries. Some spooky stuff. Hope I don't have nightmares as a result of sharing. :roll:

So...a joke to lighten the mood.................What is the difference between a buffalo and a bison?................................very little!... :lol:

(At least the joke was funny to me, given the circumstances in which it was said.)
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

Boo!
Lambchop

Re: ghosts, spirits, holograms.

Post by Lambchop »

emmline wrote:For what it's worth, our house is about 58 years old.
A couple years ago el esposo mentioned that sometimes, when he was sitting in the basement tooting on his sax, or varnishing woodwork, he'd peripherally see what he took to be a little girl move by the doorway into the laundry room. He observed this again this week, and I mentioned it tonight at dinner out (daughter #2's 17th birthday.)
In addition to freaking out daughter #3, who swears she'll never do laundry unaccompanied again, the boy-child, age 13, casually observed that he's seen that as well, and that "she goes into the laundry room."
The boy kid and I maintain that if there is a ghost of any sort, it's the type that is merely a projection of energy, absorbed by the basement structures in the past, since it always does the same thing and hasn't ever been interesting to our dog, or the kitty who hangs out down there a lot. This does not comfort daughter #3, but it's interesting to think about the nature of phenomena humans have perceived as ghosts.
Ours is evidently more of the hologram than the spirit type.
Can you tell what era her clothing comes from?

If you do a census search, I think you can identify the families and children who lived there. If you search the obituaries, you can find if any died.

I'd be fascinated to discover that a hologram of myself was visible somewhere. If the child hadn't died, she and her family might be interested in hearing about this, too.
emmline

Post by emmline »

My kid, who holds to the hologram theory, made an interesting point this morning. He said, "If the walls, or whatever, can absorb energy and play back a hologram of it, then why wouldn't I walk into the bathroom some day and see myself sitting on the toilet?"

Yeah, I don't know.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

emmline wrote:My kid, who holds to the hologram theory, made an interesting point this morning. He said, "If the walls, or whatever, can absorb energy and play back a hologram of it, then why wouldn't I walk into the bathroom some day and see myself sitting on the toilet?"

Yeah, I don't know.
Perhaps sitting on the potty wasn't traumatic enough? :lol:
emmline

Post by emmline »

Yes, that would be my contention! :lol:
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
emmline wrote:My kid, who holds to the hologram theory, made an interesting point this morning. He said, "If the walls, or whatever, can absorb energy and play back a hologram of it, then why wouldn't I walk into the bathroom some day and see myself sitting on the toilet?"

Yeah, I don't know.
Perhaps sitting on the potty wasn't traumatic enough? :lol:
Certainly not as traumatic as doing the laundry!

M
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

I guess this would just flip me out, and I'd be finding a priest to come in and do SOMETHING. I'm not a ghost type person....the thought tends to freak me out. I think I watched too many scary movies when I was a kid or something.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

izzarina wrote:I guess this would just flip me out, and I'd be finding a priest to come in and do SOMETHING. I'm not a ghost type person....the thought tends to freak me out. I think I watched too many scary movies when I was a kid or something.
You might want to enlist the help of someone who has more knowledge on the supernatural... or at least a Jesuit Priest.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
izzarina wrote:I guess this would just flip me out, and I'd be finding a priest to come in and do SOMETHING. I'm not a ghost type person....the thought tends to freak me out. I think I watched too many scary movies when I was a kid or something.
You might want to enlist the help of someone who has more knowledge on the supernatural... or at least a Jesuit Priest.
Praying about it can't hurt, either.
emmline

Post by emmline »

There's nothing scary or worrisome here. We're just speculating about what might cause the guys at our house to see, or think they see this.
They do live in a rather estrogen-heavy, female dominated environment, and perhaps it's the little spirit of Yin. Image
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

i looked for some ghost-related stuff, on this german page, they claim that if you turn up the volume you can hear some weird, eerie, rumbling sounds, they call them ghosts, i don't really buy it, but, see what you think, it's quite strange in any case.

http://www.maildiscounter.de/sponsoring ... 20auto.mpg