Michael Vignoles Set

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Rick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Rick »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
brescianimichele wrote:i'm not Michael Vignoles.
you can add me in your msn contact list and u can chat with me.
i'm not a troll, i'm only a man that loves uilleann pipe.
i'm am not happy to know that u think i'm a troll. i respect u and u should respect me.
Don't let Donald E. Baltus get your goat, on this forum, it seems to be the only way he can communicate... trolling and trying our patience. Words of wisdom: "Water off a Duck's back", they come in handy when reading posts by Donald/Roycenator.
You still read them?
Oh sorry, you have to! :lol: :P :D
Uilliam

Post by Uilliam »

Michele,I believe ye...I spent some good times in my youth in Brescia,for a while at the Collegio de Santa Maria and I stayed in Via Pietro dal Monte.is it still there?The people there where very friendly and I have very fond memories of the old citta.Enjoy your piping and good luck.hey 106 replies and still counting isn't bad for a 1st post!! :o
Ciao
Uilliam :wink:
If ye are intersted in helping our cause to cure leprosy feel free to PM me.
brescianimichele
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by brescianimichele »

thanks you Joseph E. Smith, PJ, Rick and Uilliam.thank you very much guys :)

ps: uilliam, i think Collegio de Santa Maria still there.i'm from Mantova...it's about an hour from Brescia.

guys,if anyone will came here let me know :) we can play something.
{|_________||___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__||]
\\
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

PJ wrote:
Donald E Baltus wrote:Why would anyone think Michele is a troll? Well, initially because he posted two sound clips, the first of which sounds stylistically and even technically nothing at all like the second. It's a New-Agey, rather poorly recorded or mixed or whatever air thing that sounds like a pretty decent set of pipes being played and blown very steadily, but not all that creatively or technically impressively. The second however, is a screaming reel cut that demonstarates someone not only technically accomplished in the areas of blowing tone/pitch but the whole vernacular of tight and legato playing and full use of cuts, crans, rolls and so forth that makes one wonder two things: One, how could anyone play that well technically and expressively on such a good reed set up so well, and then go to great trouble to have that banal egg-shaker noise shuffling mindlessly along the whole time and not realize just how much it detracts ...
Hey - I got this far, then passed out for 20 minutes. Still, an improvement.

One of these days, I'll actually finish one of Donal's posts :party: .
I am convinced that the main reason these posts are so long is to ensure I read every last word... I have the glazed-over eyes, and the 1,000 yard stare to prove it. :lol:
Rick wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote:
i'm am not happy to know that u think i'm a troll. i respect u and u should respect me.
Don't let Donald E. Baltus get your goat, on this forum, it seems to be the only way he can communicate... trolling and trying our patience. Words of wisdom: "Water off a Duck's back", they come in handy when reading posts by Donald/Roycenator.
You still read them?
Oh sorry, you have to! :lol: :P :D
Yup, more fun than mere mortals ought to be allowed. :lol:
leremarkable

Post by leremarkable »

Donald E Baltus

Post by Donald E Baltus »

Uilliam wrote:Royce..why do ye ruin your argument by putting in total irrelevencies?ye keep harping on about Greensleeves..which isnae even part o this thread! :boggle:

For the record and finally frae me ,Greensleeves the jig was played by my Grandfathers Band

Given that it is also transcribed in O'Neills, then your constant insistance that it is not part o the ITM scenario makes ye sound like a complete idiot.
Slipping in the term"UP" traditional means nothing, as the "UP Tradition"as ye call it, takes it music frae "ITM".

Maybe ye should try the piece afore ye condemn it because I don't think ye have a clue what ye are talking about with reference to this jig...your wee band might even benefit frae playing it . :wink:
Slán Agat
Uilliam
PS I think Michele is really Michael Vignoles!!! or Michele Vignoli... :o
Sta Attento Amici.....wouldnae be the 1st time a maker has used this forum to promote his wares now would it!!
Well. Me bad. Me keep reply simple for others. Greensleeves may be name of Jig, maybe O'Neill's may be played in Chicago USA may be played in long time some circles. Me say Greensleeves English tune played over and over by certain "pipers" me describing not same. "The Greensleeves Jig" not same as "Greensleeves," there no ITM version of "Greensleeves." IE: No ITM version of "Amazing Grace" no matter how big on scary loud bagpipe played by Scottish folk now is. Me hear tune of English song played by those claiming is ITM, but no, it be "Greensleeves" English Madrigal-style on UP not good me no like.

Many many play "Greensleeves" English Madrigal-style on pipes me no like they not know head from arse but claim play "Celtic" music. That suck eggs. Me not encourage.

Not many play or know of jig you name. Jig not "jig version" Greensleeves me recall. Jig other tune not related. Me hear slide version English "Greensleeves" once, sound corny, like cheap vaudvillian ethnic act. Maybe you bring back again from dead of music-hall era ITM. Me like good ceili band--need piano and snare drum. Like hi-hat and tone block or cowbell too. Very tasty.
Baltus, Donald E
Donald E Baltus

Post by Donald E Baltus »

How can you claim to not be a troll and then admit you're on MSN. I don't think even Satan uses MSN because he thinks Microsoft is evil and Bill Gates will steal his soul.

Also, me take your side. Not call you troll. Explore concept of troll.

Exploration good.
Baltus, Donald E
Uilliam

Post by Uilliam »

Jig not "jig version" Greensleeves me recall. Jig other tune...
:boggle: :boggle: :boggle:
Jig is Jig Version in 6/8 time and Of course it is another tune which I made very very VERY clear..I havenae heard The English Greensleeves in ITM and I also made that VERY clear.I said I heard the Irish version o Greensleeves..which again I urge ye to play and ye can hear a resemblance thats all so I would not say it is unrelated
I intensely dislike the English madrigal version but this wee jig is quite pleasant.
I don't see anything wrang with the music hall era of which ye seem to sneer.. Patsy Touhey didna seem to mind either..
I don't think half a dozen pianos or drums would help your "Ceilidhe "band one wee bit... :wink: the cowbells and funny hats might tho!! :wink: :wink:
Slán Go Foill
Uilliam
djm

Post by djm »

X:1
T:Green Sleeves
N:O'Neill's 1850 - No 994
R:Double Jig
M:6/8
L:1/8
K:C
A/2B/2 | c2c cde | dBG GAB | cBA ABc | BGE E2 A/2B/2 |!
c2c cde | dBG GAB | cBA GE^G | A3 A2 :|!
e/2^f/2 | gag gfe | dBG GBd | aba aba | gee e2 e/2^f/2 |!
gag gfe | dBG GAB | cBA GE^G | A3 A2 :||

Sorry, Uilliam, but I definitely hear the English tune Green Sleeves, albeit somewhat modified from the better known song version. I am now looking through O'Neills to see if I can find the original version of Lean On Me. :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
ausdag

Post by ausdag »

Donald E Baltus wrote:Madrigal-style on UP not good me no like.

...Like hi-hat and tone block or cowbell too. Very tasty.
Me like cookie...oatmeal cookie
David (ausdag) Goldsworthy
http://ozuilleann.weebly.com/
uillmann

Post by uillmann »

is dat de letter of de day?
Uilliam

Post by Uilliam »

Don't be sorry David I said "...and ye can hear a resemblance thats all so I would not say it is unrelated..."which is no different to what ye are saying. :wink: + ye can dance to the Irish version...
Slan Go Foill
Uilliam
myrddinemrys
Tell us something.: Something something Something something Something something Something something Something something Something something Something something Something something.

Post by myrddinemrys »

actually, michele, I think Donald was paying you a high compliment. I think he was giving everyone else grief for giving you a hard time. Unless he were being heavily sarcastic, I would think that he is the troll here, but somehow I don't think that is the case.
Wild Goose Studios Music, reed making and pipe making.
Skye

Post by Skye »

hi michele
very good chanter, it sounds very well.
send me a PTM u must tell me michael's email, because i wanna buy a chanter from him.
thank you very much
brescianimichele

Post by brescianimichele »

ok skye.
i'll send it to you very soon.
bye
{|_________||___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__||]
\\