fatigue

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

Kind of update: I thought I was feeling better today. It felt like I had a lot more energy, like normal but then at work (at 4:00) I suddenly started feeling really run-down again like I have for the last few days. It's so strange because` one minute I was ok then suddenly it was like I'd been beaten down with a hundred bags of sand and couldn't move.

I talked to my boss and one of my professors and they both told me that mono was going around at the end of last semester, so I fear I have that but I certainly don't want it. Blah. I have to be at the doctor's office in 12 hours, so sleep I now must.
rebl_rn
antispam: No

Post by rebl_rn »

spittin_in_the_wind wrote: P.S. I can't imagine why a meningococcal shot should cost $200. Are you sure it wasnt a Hepatits B series they were talking about or something like that?

Robin
Though $200 sounds a little on the high side, the new meninogococcal shot (called Menactra) is a pretty expensive one. I know the private sector cost per dose is around $86.00 - then when you add on the fees for administration, the office visit, etc, etc, it adds up to a lot. I think around here it costs between $125-$150 to get it at a doctor's office. Menactra is a new vaccine (just out earlier this year) and new vaccines, like other drugs, are always more expensive. Hopefully the cost will go down in a couple of years, but I'm not holding my breath.
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Cranberry wrote:It's so strange because` one minute I was ok then suddenly it was like I'd been beaten down with a hundred bags of sand and couldn't move.
Keep some fruit with you. Next time it happens eat the thing...
If you perk back up ya might know something, eh!
Jack

Post by Jack »

edit: I've been told I was oversharing, I'm sorry. I'm just worried.
Last edited by Jack on Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

rebl_rn wrote:
Though $200 sounds a little on the high side, the new meninogococcal shot (called Menactra) is a pretty expensive one. I know the private sector cost per dose is around $86.00 - then when you add on the fees for administration, the office visit, etc, etc, it adds up to a lot. I think around here it costs between $125-$150 to get it at a doctor's office. Menactra is a new vaccine (just out earlier this year) and new vaccines, like other drugs, are always more expensive. Hopefully the cost will go down in a couple of years, but I'm not holding my breath.
Also, there's been a shortage of any kind of meningitis vaccine. At least in this part of the country.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

So what did the doctor say?
Charlene
Jack

Post by Jack »

Charlene wrote:So what did the doctor say?
I'll PM you. I don't think I'm supposed to share it on here.
missy

Post by missy »

Cran - if you need to talk, feel free to pm me, too........
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

You can PM me, too, Cran.
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

You can PM me too...

Although, for the record, I can't imagine why anyone would object to this kind of sharing.

Robin
emmline

Post by emmline »

spittin_in_the_wind wrote:You can PM me too...

Although, for the record, I can't imagine why anyone would object to this kind of sharing.

Robin
Nor I. Plus, it's kind of a bummer not to hear the outcome after all this!
Denny

Post by Denny »

Really! We are all older and more mature than Cran...

well...a lot older! :D
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Well, if you're all needing to hear some excessive sharing, I'll start.

I just ate dinner, and I think I ate too much. This afternoon, I visited my hair guy and he trimmed the fleece up real nice, but gave me a good dose of hairspray since it's kind of humid out, and I'm afraid I got a bit of asthma from it. Started coughing rather much, spitting up bits of sticky goo. Kind of nasty, if you've ever seen that sort of thing. Tried not to cough too much in the grocery store, but did cough a few times at the gas station, which was somewhat worse because of the gas fumes. Then, got home with a snootful of whatever pollen has been blooming here lately, and probably some fungus, and my nose was running. Running in front, running in back. Really gross.

Fixed a cup of coffee to squelch the asthma stuff, and since I don't like plain coffee, put in a little too much brown sugar. All I have is brown, because I forgot to get the other kind. Dumped in a little too much creamer, too, I'm afraid. Had that with some fruit waiting for my dinner to broil, and then scarfed that. Had done enough for tonight and tomorrow, but it was so yummy I ate all of it. (Burp!) Then, felt like a little more fruit, so I had some more fruit.

I'm thinking I didn't need to have quite all of that. Probably, if I'd eaten more slowly, I would have stopped sooner, but I gobbled it. I know better than to do that, but sometimes don't pay attention.

Most of the wheezing is gone, but my nose is still kind of snotty and I've got enough postnasal drip that I'm still gacking up goo. All that on top of having eaten too much and snorked up too much coffee -- extra strong, so it would have more theophylline in it, but that means more caffeine, too -- with too much sugar and creamer, so I'm kind of feeling like I really ought to go throw up.

And now I'm a little hyper . . . well, more like a lot hyper . . . from the caffeine and theophylline in the coffee, so I'm having trouble sitting here. Which is really not good, because I need to grade some papers and write on a syllabus, and I'm having trouble keeping my mind on it because I'm overly bouncy.

I need to go pee again, too. (The coffee. :roll: )

I'm itching, too, now that I notice. The hairspray, of course. Now I'm going to have to go take a shower, on top of everything else. Well, I can pee at the same time, I suppose.

And floss. There's stuff stuck between several teeth, I notice. I flossed already once today, so now here we go again. Hope I don't lacerate a gum at the same time . . . don't need any bleeding gums this evening. Maybe I can floss while I pee. That would be novel.
Last edited by Lambchop on Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Thanks for sharing that, Lamby. :lol: I mean it. Really.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote:Thanks for sharing that, Lamby. :lol: I mean it. Really.
You're welcome, Cynth.

I think maybe I'm having a gallbladder attack. Either that, or my scapula is cramping up from sitting here typing too long. Yeah, probably that, but I've belched again. Oooo. Too much fruit! Nearly spit up that time.