Super Sassafrass Whistle Roll

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Super Sassafrass Whistle Roll

Post by PhilO »

Remember that gorgeous roll bag our very own Annie made for Joannie Madden....it was really beautiful, but, well, pretty and girly...I asked Annie to make me a manly man case out of leather minimally based on a black nylon roll case with chamois lined interior for chisels from the Duluth Trading Company (tools) catalogue.

I received the bag yesterday and can't believe the amount of thought and effort that went into this unbelievably gorgeous (yet manly) bag. The green leather is just the right color, very supple and expertly sewn with finished edges all about. The carry attachments are better than I've ever seen in luggage shops - both for hand and shoulder carry, each amply padded. The outside is adorned with a beautiful large Celtic knot in black and gold. The inside has twelve slots to house low G through high E whistles, with a pull down cover, all padded in cotton and faced with chamois rimmed with a cotton border. Whistles very securely held and protected for travel.

Now, I think my bag is better than Joannie's, but my wife noted that she might play a tad better than me. So I've asked Annie to make me a magic roll, one that will embue the stored whistles with enough magic to compensate for that very slight difference between Joannie's playing and mine. :lol:

Okay, so you say why is such a manly man agog over a chamois lined roll bag...leave me alone....it's beautiful, that's all....

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Thanks, Phil! I'm so glad you are pleased with it.

Here are some photos of his Custom Leather Roll
(Image

I've got one other leather roll in the works.

(Oh, and Phil,... my minions are in the lab working on that magic formula as we speak. Let me know when the check for that hits the mail, Muuuwwwwwwwwwwwhahahaaaaaaa) (no, Joanie, of course I'm not doing anything of the sort... nooo... )
Last edited by anniemcu on Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

WOW!

That is one handsome instrument case.

If I wasn't dirt poor, I might ask how much I'd have to pay to get one... :P
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Oh my. That's beautiful work Annie! It could give a person WhOA in order to get enough whistles to justify having it.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Super Sassafrass Whistle Roll

Post by Bloomfield »

PhilO wrote:... The outside is adorned with a beautiful large Celtic knot in black and gold. ...
:really:
It looks more like a Starfleet Command badge to me.

;)
/Bloomfield
IrishLass

Post by IrishLass »

That case is beautiful Annie - now I REALLY want one! :D

Carolyn
"Sing to the Lord a new song" Psalm 149:1
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I want one!
anniemcu

Re: Super Sassafrass Whistle Roll

Post by anniemcu »

Bloomfield wrote:
PhilO wrote:... The outside is adorned with a beautiful large Celtic knot in black and gold. ...
:really:
It looks more like a Starfleet Command badge to me.

;)
And just where do you think they got that design?? :wink:
anniemcu
---
---
---
Whistling Willie
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Post by Whistling Willie »

That sure does look like a great piece of work...now if only I had enough whistles to fill one :(
"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

That is really lovely. It seems like it would have been hard to put that binding on the edges. I guess you had to cut the strips too. Can you use pins with leather? It seems like they would make permanent holes. How do you hold the pieces of leather together while you're sewing? It looks so neatly done. :)

And then is it black piping between the chamois and cotton? I can't quite make out. Good heavens. I can't even imagine doing this at all.
Whistling Willie
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Post by Whistling Willie »

Cynth wrote:That is really lovely. It seems like it would have been hard to put that binding on the edges. I guess you had to cut the strips too. Can you use pins with leather? It seems like they would make permanent holes. How do you hold the pieces of leather together while you're sewing? It looks so neatly done. :)

And then is it black piping between the chamois and cotton? I can't quite make out. Good heavens. I can't even imagine doing this at all.

So many questions Cynth....is there going to be a bit of competition here :P
"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
tubafor

Post by tubafor »

Must control impulses... have too many whistle cases/bags/thingies already... My beloved would go postal if I mentioned it...

ARRRRGGGHHH! It's TOO pretty/amazing/wonderful/cool...

(rotund whistler runs away from computer screen before it's too late...)

:lol:
"Vocatus, atque non vocatus, Deus aderit..."
------------------------------------------
Cal Olson
Whistles, Windsynth and other toys...
Hear samples from my CD "Angelica's Waltz" at:
www.myspace.com/praisewhistler
anniemcu

Post by anniemcu »

Cynth wrote:That is really lovely. It seems like it would have been hard to put that binding on the edges. I guess you had to cut the strips too. Can you use pins with leather? It seems like they would make permanent holes. How do you hold the pieces of leather together while you're sewing? It looks so neatly done. :)

Nope, pinning isn't an option with leather. (where's that 'tearing my hair out' emoticon??) "How do you hold the pieces of leather together while you're sewing? " Pinching with fingers, hand driving the machine at times, and a combination of prayer/expletive usage. :D I had to get all the details figured out before I could actually touch the leather, as if you make a mistake... the holes *are* permanent. I may not do too many leather ones! :lol:
anniemcu
---
---
---
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Whistling Willie wrote:So many questions Cynth....is there going to be a bit of competition here
:lol: You know, I wondered if it could look like that. But definitely not. I have made various things in my life, not always with such nice results, and I'm always interested in how people solve the problems. I have worked with leather just a bit in other ways and I've also sewn a bit, so my first thought was "How does she hold those pieces together?". I hadn't even thought about the not being able to undo mistakes. What a nightmare. That kind of stress I would not need! Anyone who made that is a very talented seamstress indeed.