Re: Notice regarding moderation

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

Cynth wrote:I suddenly freaked thinking maybe my remark was misunderstood. It was not against "old timers" at all. It was just a reference, an unfortunate one probably, to a recent discussion. I am not against anybody. Oh dear. :lol:
The Old Lights vs. the New Lights?

Do we have to choose sides?
Reasonable person
Walden
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Walden wrote:
Cynth wrote:I suddenly freaked thinking maybe my remark was misunderstood. It was not against "old timers" at all. It was just a reference, an unfortunate one probably, to a recent discussion. I am not against anybody. Oh dear. :lol:

OK, look.

You've got the people who want to choose sides and the people who don't want to choose sides. It's pretty clear which side you're on, Walden.

Best wishes,
Jerry
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Walden wrote:

If the Old and New Lights are anything like the Bud and Miller Lights, I'd want a third option...
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Here's what happens. I don't read most of the stuff in the Pub. So when Dales makes a post like that, I find myself scouring the boards to see what started it. Then I see that I've wasted an hour and I regret it.

I'm not falling for it this time.

"I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe." Eddie Murphy as Axel Whatshisname in that Beverly Hill Cop movie thingy.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

Jerry Freeman wrote:
Walden wrote:

OK, look.

You've got the people who want to choose sides and the people who don't want to choose sides. It's pretty clear which side you're on, Walden.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Well, my experience is that you have people, like Jerry, who will say that there are the people who want to choose sides and the people who don't, and then you have the people who will deny that there are people who want to choose sides and people who don't. I myself refuse to take a position.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

FJohnSharp wrote:
I'm not falling for it this time.
Rats. That was the whole point.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

DaleWisely wrote:I myself refuse to take a position.
That's why your baseball career didn't pan out, eh?
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I go with that and can we move on? How bout them Tigers?
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

jsluder wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:I myself refuse to take a position.
That's why your baseball career didn't pan out, eh?
Not to mention a promising future as a prima ballerina!
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

I hate to say this, because I was a big proponent of the Great Bifurcation, but I wonder if the creation of the Pub has resulted in an increase in non-whistle/flute/pipes/ITM-interested membership? Perhaps people stumble upon this place, see some "interesting" discussions that would have been OffTopic earlier, and join the board just to refute the latest political ramblings? Oh, dear.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well, I don't know. There are so many millions of places on the Internet that it isn't that often that I just stumble across something I am really interested in. Almost always I've gotten somewhere because of googling a topic or because of links from related sites. I certainly was looking up information about whistles when I found this site. I feel as though it would be a very rare person whom I have seen in the Pub and not in one of the other forums as well. I don't think it would bother me if people did just come here for any reason, but I really don't think they do.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

fearfaoin wrote:I hate to say this, because I was a big proponent of the Great Bifurcation, but I wonder if the creation of the Pub has resulted in an increase in non-whistle/flute/pipes/ITM-interested membership? Perhaps people stumble upon this place, see some "interesting" discussions that would have been OffTopic earlier, and join the board just to refute the latest political ramblings? Oh, dear.
Likely, yes. Some of us have exceeded our quota for answering questions like Burke: Brass or Alum? and are comfortable here. I do like to check the ITM thread tho...
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

I wonder if whistlers ever stumble across non-whistle websites. Image
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

jGilder wrote:I wonder if whistlers ever stumble across non-whistle websites. Image
There's a whole scary non-whistling world out there! :o
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

perrins57 wrote:There's a whole scary non-whistling world out there! :o
If you look on the map it's the bit marked 'Here be bodhrans'. :wink:
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)