Peanut Butter and.......?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

Peanut Butter and.......?

Jelly - the classic is the best
30%
Banana - hey, it worked for Elvis
27%
Pickles - don't knock it till you've tried it
9%
I like my peanut butter plain
21%
I don't like peanut butter
12%

Total votes: 33

Will O'B
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

missy wrote:I'm a "purist" - Creamy Jif on whole wheat.
I just knew that if I scrolled down the page far enough that I would eventually find someone who knows how to make a peanut butter sandwich. :) Oh, by the way, the bread must always be folded, never cut.

My son always enjoyed PB&J with bannanas. Now he hates bannanas. His latest craze is "Goober Grape," which is peanut butter already mixed (swirled) with grape jelly in the jar. The stuff looks gross and doesn't spread well -- tears up the bread. It's also overpriced in my opinion.

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

I like PB & J on toast. But first you have to butter both sides of the toast before you can put the peanut butter and the jelly on. Oh, and it has to be raspberry jelly. None of that grape icky stuff...and definitely not strawberry :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Crunchy PB and J with bananas! And a cold glass of milk. I've even layered in Cheerios on top of all that to make a full breakfast.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
dapple

Post by dapple »

I like peanut butter with grapes (not grape jelly), apples, and pears better than with bananas. The grapes and apples are nice and juicy which lets those fruits mix well with the peanut butter while chewing. Delicious.
~ David
djm

Post by djm »

Most healthfood stores here have the bags of peanuts and a grinder. You make it yourself. You can't get any fresher than that, and you know that nothing's been added - no salt, no sugar, no extra oil, etc. Other nutbutters can also be made, such as hazelnut, almond, etc. You can do this yourself with a good blender, but its a terrible mess to clean up afterwards.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Congratulations wrote:
Lambchop wrote:Peanut butter (salted peanuts freshly ground in the deli, no sugar, no added hydrogenated fats) and banana on toasted whole-grain bread.

Second best is with plum jam. Raspberry is ok, too. But only for dessert.

Note: I seem to recall that Elvis added a load of bacon to his PB&B. Having tried it, I can tell you that it is an exquisite combination.
Elvis' signature sandwich, I believe, was Peanut Butter, bananas, bacon, and honey, all lovingly grilled. A delectible treat, to be sure.
After he died, (and by the way, the Undisputed, Forest Gump-like, was sitting in a restaurant across from Graceland and watched the ambulance leave), I saw his cook on TV demonstrating cooking the sandwich. Two big pieces of French bread, about an inch of peanut butter mixed with bananas. A stick of butter in the pan. Fry on both sides.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Me: Whole wheat toast, peanut butter, cheddar cheese. Don't eat these much anymore. I'm down 10 lbs from the beginning of the summer.

Dale
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

I've switched to SOY BUTTER. Takes awhile to get used to the slightly less creamy texture but it's really good. Turn the jar around a few times to keep the oil from separating.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Lambchop wrote:
chas wrote:My daughter likes PB with MINT jelly.

:D :D :D :D
Yep, a much better use of mint jelly than lamb.

If we are allowed to branch out from bread, peanut butter and mustard on crackers.

Oh, and I generally do PB plain on a piece of bread. Tomorrow morning it will be homemade whole-wheat with spent brewing grains. Bread doesn't get any better than that, if I do say so myself.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Doug_Tipple

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Many of the peanut butter combinations sound good to me, although I find myself mostly eating peanut butter with a spoon directly from the jar. I buy the "natural" style of peanut butter with nothing but ground peanuts. I don't mind mixing it up if there has been oil separation. Once mixed and kept in the refrigerator, you won't have to mix it again.

With regard to peanuts in general, I wouldn't want to own any futures in peanuts. It is my understandibg that growers have been unable to sell a good part of the peanut crop this year in the USA because of changing attitudes about the health risks associated with peanuts. For legal reasons I don't think that anything with peanuts is being offered in the public school system because of the possibility of sometimes fatal peanut allergies. Factories and transportation systems are advertising that they are certified peanut-free. It is a bad year for peanuts, folks.
Band Nerd

Post by Band Nerd »

I like peanut butter on cinnamon raisin bagels.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

I voted PB&J, but I actually prefer almond butter with homemade jam (strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, marionberry, blueberry, peach, etc., etc.). I have an almond butter and jam sandwich (on sprouted-grain bread) for lunch at least three days a week. :)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

dapple wrote:I like peanut butter with grapes (not grape jelly), apples, and pears better than with bananas. The grapes and apples are nice and juicy which lets those fruits mix well with the peanut butter while chewing. Delicious.
Yes. I had forgotten about eating peanut butter with sliced apples. I agree. That is quite tasty.

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

PB and cranberry sauce. Not that canned jellied stuff: real home made cranberry sauce left over from Thanksgiving dinner. The tartness really helps cut the sometimes cloying aspects of the peanut butter. My favorite bread is Rock Hill Bake Shop sourdough, but that's fairly local, so use your own fav.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Will O'B wrote:
dapple wrote:I like peanut butter with grapes (not grape jelly), apples, and pears better than with bananas. The grapes and apples are nice and juicy which lets those fruits mix well with the peanut butter while chewing. Delicious.
Yes. I had forgotten about eating peanut butter with sliced apples. I agree. That is quite tasty.

Will O'Ban
My grandmother (may she rest in peace) has said that she always ate peanut butter spread on apples. I've also had soda cracker spread with peanut butter and topped with half an apple.
Reasonable person
Walden