Dale to turn 50....

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

March 5, 2006. You have plenty of time to shop for me, too. But please, everything in 50s only. 50 bottles of wine, 50 choco truffles, 50 virgin--(whoops, that's the Muslim Weekenders list), ahem,,, 50 trad cds, and so on and so forth.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Doug_Tipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

susnfx wrote:A warning:

Since turning 50, I:

*read every article I see on how to keep Alzheimer's at bay
*find I am less patient with store clerks - I'm tired of being polite
*buy more skin softening products than ever before (p.s.: most of them don't make any difference)
*get misty-eyed when I see middle-aged couples holding hands (who knew I'd never remarry?)
*read book after book after book - after all, there are only so many years left to get them all read!
*try to figure out if I'm old enough to be the mother of the nurses our clinic hires
*refuse to wear one of those gold chain thingys on my glasses, in spite of the fact that I lose them about 20 times a day (I'm old, but I'm not THAT old!)
...and on and on...
However, I'm off to hike three miles straight up a mountain (with one replaced knee and one knee going bad) with my daughter and our dogs. Then maybe I'll whistle a few Irish tunes or do some painting - both of which I took up in the last 4-5 years.

THINK YOUNG, DALE!

Susan
Hello Susan,
I know that this is kind of a public forum, but will you marry me? I am 61, have two good knees, and like Irish music. Dale is just a kid, and he is married, so don't even think about him. "I want to hold your hand"
ninjaaron

Post by ninjaaron »

My mom is fifty, and that makes me feel old. :P

Tipple: "Kind of" a public forum?
Everyone likes music
BigDavy

Turning 50

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Weekenders

I'm two days after you on March 7th. Pisceans rule!!.

I would like the 50 virgins as well (then I probably would not see 51). But a nice flute player( preferably female) would do instead.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
missy

Post by missy »

Hey Weeks - my son Noah has the same birthday as you (except he's only gonna be 15!).
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Happy "Eventually 50th" Dale!
ShadowBG625
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a member of the forum for several years. Just poking my head to catch up on all the latest happenings, as well as checking out the FS/WTB page.

Post by ShadowBG625 »

:thumbsup:
Last edited by ShadowBG625 on Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Early congrats, Dale! With the right frame of mind, it only gets better and better...

I turned 50 5 yrs ago and in several ways my life truly began around then. About 7 months prior to that, I met Charlene who totally changed my life. For my 50th birthday she conspired with Glenn Schultz and bought me the lathe that I make whistles on! Like I say, better and better...
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Duffy

Post by Duffy »

Belated happy fiftieth Dale.

Last weekend for the third time in three years, I was stopped at the Milwaukee Irish Fest wearing my fading C&F T-shirt, and asked if I was Dale. Up till now I haven't known how to take that question. Now that I realize you are 16 years my junior, I guess I should take it as a compliment; or face the reality that your fans are very poor judges of appearances. Life just gets grander.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

missy wrote:Hey Weeks - my son Noah has the same birthday as you (except he's only gonna be 15!).
That's too funny! I knew that Weeks and I shared the same birthday (see Weeks? Despite your GOP leanings, there really is something very cool about you....anyone who shares my birthday can't help but be cool ;) ), but I didn't know that your son did as well, Missy. How cool is that? But I won't be 50 or 15 this coming March 5th. I'll be.....ahem.....36 .

Oh, and thank you for the heads up, Dale. I'm sure I can come up with something good in the next 6 1/2 months to get you for your present.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Fifty, you say Dale, next year be it? Well that number was so long ago, I'm having trouble remembering what happen on that day for me. The last nine years have been interesting, got married, got divorced, got a flute and haven't divorced it yet. Started my own lancscape/sculpture design business, working in and with stone only..no plants need apply :D And at the end of this September I will begin my last year in the 50's, it's been interesting the last nine!

Thanks for giving us a a timeline towards your fiftieth, will have come up with something either appropriate or inapproriate...hmmmmm

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
missy

Post by missy »

izzarina wrote:
That's too funny! I knew that Weeks and I shared the same birthday (see Weeks? Despite your GOP leanings, there really is something very cool about you....anyone who shares my birthday can't help but be cool ;) ), but I didn't know that your son did as well, Missy.
Actually, Noah's great grandmother ALSO was born on March 5th. The year Noah was born (and no one knew we had that picked out as a name), someone in the family sent Sadie a birthday card that had a picture of Noah's Ark on it! She lived until she was 87 years young.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Duffy wrote:Belated happy fiftieth Dale.

Last weekend for the third time in three years, I was stopped at the Milwaukee Irish Fest wearing my fading C&F T-shirt, and asked if I was Dale. Up till now I haven't known how to take that question. Now that I realize you are 16 years my junior, I guess I should take it as a compliment; or face the reality that your fans are very poor judges of appearances. Life just gets grander.
That's very funny. It pleases me that people are looking for me in Milwaukee.

Dale
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Doug_Tipple wrote:Hello Susan,
I know that this is kind of a public forum, but will you marry me? I am 61, have two good knees, and like Irish music. Dale is just a kid, and he is married, so don't even think about him. "I want to hold your hand"
How lovely to wake up on a beautiful Sunday morning to find a marriage proposal! I'm afraid though, Doug, that you really wouldn't like me much. I'm strong-willed, opinionated, and tactless--and those are my good traits! But whether you and I could hobble off into the sunset together in perfect harmony is beside the point, because, you see, I'm afraid I've got the hots for Bloomfield. :(

Your friend, Susan
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

DaleWisely wrote:That's very funny. It pleases me that people are looking for me in Milwaukee.

Dale
I think you might actually have a market for some of those "Where's Waldo" type books, Dale. You can have your own line of "Where's the Undisputed King" books. I'd buy them. You'd just have to figure out what quirky thing you'd wear....Waldo has those red and white striped shirts. Maybe a viking hat or something.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.