Words of wisdom

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
dwinterfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by dwinterfield »

Tyler Morris wrote:
ectophonic wrote:I knew about the "dogs and chocolate" thing, but did you know that a greyhound can eat its own weight in butter and show no ill effects?

My chihuahua LOVES Vasaline. if you leave any out, he'll eat it all...
Once we had a brand new industrial sized tub of it (y'know, Costco sized) and we left it out on the bathroom counter. The little smeg head got the lid off and ate the whole damn thing!!!!
He was pretty regular for a while! :D
Something about dogs and bathroom products. My dog can't resist underarm deoderant. She want to lick it off. Same seems true for most cremes, jells, lotions, ointments etc, whether cosmetic, over the counter or prescription. Pointing out that some of these products are very expensive does no good.
TomB

Post by TomB »

dwinterfield wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:
ectophonic wrote:I knew about the "dogs and chocolate" thing, but did you know that a greyhound can eat its own weight in butter and show no ill effects?

Once we had a brand new industrial sized tub of it (y'know, Costco sized) and we left it out on the bathroom counter. The little smeg head got the lid off and ate the whole damn thing!!!!
Something about dogs and bathroom products. My dog can't resist underarm deoderant. She want to lick it off. Same seems true for most cremes, jells, lotions, ointments etc, whether cosmetic, over the counter or prescription. Pointing out that some of these products are very expensive does no good.
On the plus side though, your dog must not suffer from B.O. :P
Seriously, though, yeah, it can be dangerous stuff for pets.

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Tyler Morris wrote:

We routinely (about once a week) feed all 4 ferrets a bit of petroleum jelly, as it helps prevent hairballs and bowel blockages, both problems which ferrets are prone to have.

They actively love the stuff and I think they would cheerfully eat the whole jar if we let them. <blech>

--James
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

I talked to the Vet about the Vasaline thing, and she said that it wont hurt them, just grease up their insides for a while, giving them rather enviable (depending on your age :twisted: ) "regularity."
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
TomB

Post by TomB »

Tyler Morris wrote:I talked to the Vet about the Vasaline thing, and she said that it wont hurt them, just grease up their insides for a while, giving them rather enviable (depending on your age :twisted: ) "regularity."

Maybe it's time I change my midday snack! :o

Tom
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

TomB wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:I talked to the Vet about the Vasaline thing, and she said that it wont hurt them, just grease up their insides for a while, giving them rather enviable (depending on your age :twisted: ) "regularity."

Tom
The guy who invented petrolium jelly took a tablespoon full every day...have no clue why, but he lived to be in his ninties...
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
TomB

Post by TomB »

Tyler Morris wrote:
TomB wrote:

Tom
The guy who invented petrolium jelly took a tablespoon full every day...have no clue why, but he lived to be in his ninties...
Could be he was a lunatic :boggle:
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

TomB wrote: The guy who invented petrolium jelly took a tablespoon full every day...have no clue why, but he lived to be in his ninties...
Could be he was a lunatic :boggle:[/quote]
Well, you know what they say about lunatics......
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

I wonder what would happen if you ate vaseline, took a laxative and swallowed a sleeping pill all at the same time.

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

For the over-50s again: Never pass up an opportunity to have a pee.

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

SteveShaw wrote:I wonder what would happen if you ate vaseline, took a laxative and swallowed a sleeping pill all at the same time.

Steve
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

When eating a jam doughnut, always make sure the hole is pointing towards you.

Never ask a woman how many months she is gone in her pregnancy, unless she is actually in labour.
Last edited by Martin Milner on Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Martin Milner wrote:When eating a jam doughnut, always make sure the hole is pointing towards you.
Or pointing at the guy sitting next to you that you don't like! :D
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

Martin Milner wrote:Never ask a woman how many months she is gone in her pregnancy, unless she is actually in labour.
I made that mistake a few months ago. Congratulated a woman I hadn't seen for several months on the obvious new family member on the way. OOOPS!!! Turns out she had a new boyfriend and he'd been taking her to lots of fine restaurant. It's a good thing she had a sense of humor as she was about to cut my hair.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim (or Slim)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."