Tunes that make me homicidally depressed* ):

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

C'mon Slude, some of it is just white noise. But some tunes pull you down to a VERY dark place, like aforementiond. Play along, now.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
jsluder
antispam: No

Post by jsluder »

The Weekenders wrote:C'mon Slude, some of it is just white noise. But some tunes pull you down to a VERY dark place, like aforementiond. Play along, now.
Okay...

Conway Twitty's remake of Slow Hand.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
TomB

Post by TomB »

He Stopped Loving Her Today!
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Pat Cannady
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Pat Cannady »

The whole smarmy light rock/smooth jazz/pop ballad thing really makes me feel violent and angry.
Last edited by Pat Cannady on Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott McCallister

Post by Scott McCallister »

s1m0n wrote:Hotel California.
Oof. I hear that song and I feel unbalanced for several days afterward. Somethin's not right with it.
There's and old Irish saying that says pretty much anything you want it to.

fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

missy wrote:Oh - and for a while - "Freebird" because some drunk idiot would yell that at every single concert no matter who was performing.
I saw Blue Man Group in Vegas last week. They were playing their wacky PVC instruments,
which are like xylophones made of 3" PVC pipes of various lengths, played with paddles.
They must have assumed some schmuck would yell out "Freebird", 'cause someone did, and
they could play it. I was impressed, as it seems like a challenging instrument...
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

DCrom wrote:let me nominate "It's a Small World After All". Being stuck in the middle of the Disney ride for a few hours with that tune repeating endlessly would send me far, far, around the bend.
That happened to you, too? I was 6 at the time. They had to
evacuate the ride after an hour of failed attempts to get it going again.
That thing should have been banned by the Geneva Convention.
(Or at least by Fairport Convention.)
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Nah then, nah then you miserable b*ggers! Just listen to Mozart's Sinfonia Concertante in E flat, then tell me you're still miserable!

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

It's not a particular song, but there are a very large number of singer-songwriters (okay, it's actually all of them) that just make me crazy. I can hardly bear to hear the word "singer-songwriter". In fact, it is best for me to leave the room if it turns out one of them is going to perform. They have started throwing them in at folk festivals for some reason. They are so whiney. It's me, me, me. Boohoo, boohoo, boohoo. If you have nothing to say, why write a song about it? If you can't write a tune, why put words to meaningless notes? I have had to run from concerts with my hand over my mouth to stifle my screams. I have threatened to throttle one using the same trite method one of the characters in his stupid song used. I have had to choke down hysterical laughter as one of these people sings something "meaningful", which has been sung a million times already, in the most musically monotonous way.

Okay, if your favorite performer is a singer-songwriter, obviously I'm not talking about that one. :wink:
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

but i like dougie maclean.... :)
Scott McCallister

Post by Scott McCallister »

Cynth wrote:It's not a particular song, but there are a very large number of singer-songwriters (okay, it's actually all of them) that just make me crazy. I can hardly bear to hear the word "singer-songwriter". In fact, it is best for me to leave the room if it turns out one of them is going to perform. They have started throwing them in at folk festivals for some reason. They are so whiney. It's me, me, me. Boohoo, boohoo, boohoo. If you have nothing to say, why write a song about it? If you can't write a tune, why put words to meaningless notes? I have had to run from concerts with my hand over my mouth to stifle my screams. I have threatened to throttle one using the same trite method one of the characters in his stupid song used. I have had to choke down hysterical laughter as one of these people sings something "meaningful", which has been sung a million times already, in the most musically monotonous way.

Okay, if your favorite performer is a singer-songwriter, obviously I'm not talking about that one. :wink:
Can you give us some specific examples, mon petit bulldog?
There's and old Irish saying that says pretty much anything you want it to.

djm

Post by djm »

And Barry Manilow did write the Band-aid song .... :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Cynth wrote:It's not a particular song, but there are a very large number of singer-songwriters (okay, it's actually all of them) that just make me crazy.
You mean wannabe folk singers?
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Scott wrote:Can you give us some specific examples, mon petit bulldog?
Well, no, I really can't. :lol: They are all so unmemorable (sp) that I can't remember a thing except how annoying they were.

Unseen122, if they are wannabe folk singers that write their own songs, they would surely qualify.

Write a song. If it's any good some other singer will want to sing it. If it's really good, some other really good singer will want to sing it. In the old days you had your singers and you had your songwriters. Each excelled at his calling. Now, everyone does everything because it's how you feel that counts. If you are sincere, then it's good. :twisted:
ShadowBG625
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a member of the forum for several years. Just poking my head to catch up on all the latest happenings, as well as checking out the FS/WTB page.

Post by ShadowBG625 »

DaleWisely wrote:Anything by Michael Bolton
Almost everything by Mariah Carey
No arguments here...

Mariah was better back when she was younger. :party: