77 Million squid

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

77 Million squid

Post by GaryKelly »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4730113.stm

It wouldn't change my life any. Much. :)

The BBC wrote:Euromillions winner 'in hiding'

An Irish woman who won a £77m (112m euros) lottery jackpot is thought to have gone into hiding because of the interest generated by her record win.
Dolores McNamara, 50, from Garryowen, County Limerick, scooped Europe's largest lottery jackpot on Friday.

The Euromillions jackpot had accumulated through nine rollovers.

Mrs McNamara's friend Geraldine Donohoe said: "She is a lovely person. She married and she raised a lovely family. She more than deserved what she got."

Mrs McNamara checked her ticket in a pub on Friday night to discover she had won the prize, accumulated after nine successive roll-overs.

However, she will not be able to claim the prize until next week.

The National Lottery of Ireland said it could not confirm there was a winner until the person came forward with the winning ticket.

"Obviously it is all over the papers, but there is a formal procedure," said Paula McEvoy of the National Lottery.

"The offices will be open on Tuesday but it would be mid to late next week at the earliest, that the person would get the money, because of the magnitude of the amount.

"The funds would have to come from abroad it is up to the winner, however, they may choose not to come in for two-months. They have 90 days from the day of the draw."

Euromillions tickets are also sold in the UK, Austria, Belgium, Portugal, France, Luxembourg, and Spain.

The National Lottery operates Euromillions in the Republic of Ireland.

Friday's winning numbers were 3, 19, 26, 49 and 50, and Lucky Stars 4 and 5.

Lucky Stars

To win the Euromillions jackpot, players need to match five main numbers from 1 to 50 - and 2 Lucky Star numbers from 1 to 9.

Europe's previous biggest lottery draw prize was £72m (105m euros) won on the Italian Superenalotto in May.

The UK's top Euromillions jackpot winner is Marion Richardson, from Gateshead, who won £16.7m on 9 April, 2004, two months after the game was launched.

The largest UK National Lottery jackpot win in history was £42m shared by three ticket holders on 6 January, 1996.

The UK's biggest single winner revealed to date is Iris Jeffrey, from Belfast, who won £20.1m on 14 July, 2004.

The world's largest individual jackpot prize was taken by Andrew Whittaker, who won $314.9m (£197.4m) in the US playing Powerball in 2002.

Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

A lot of people are on about that here (Jaysus Fecking Joseph and Mary, 115 million). She was on tv during the weekend. Even if she just puts it in the bank there will be an 8K interest every days they said. A bit unreal isn't it?
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Not only is she a great gal, but HEY, WE'RE RELATED!!!! HONEST!!!!!! MY LONG LOST DEAR COUSIN!!!!!!!
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
IRTradRU?

Post by IRTradRU? »

Yikes - couldn't they also have put her telephone number in the article?

No wonder she's in hiding. I would, too. So much for privacy, which has cost her 112 very large.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

This makes her richer than Posh and Becks. Bet they're pleased. :o
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
missy

Post by missy »

Aunt Dolores!!! I didn't realize you had moved to Ireland!!! I'm so sorry us family in the states lost touch with you. But I'm glad I stumbled across this small news article so that we can re-establish our family ties!
Since we have those pesky things such as "gift" tax here in the states, how about you just set up a Swiss bank account in my name?

Your loving niece..........
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

IRTradRU? wrote:Yikes - couldn't they also have put her telephone number in the article?

No wonder she's in hiding. I would, too. So much for privacy, which has cost her 112 very large.
I hope she can afford a very nice private island, somewhere out of the hurricane/typhoon zone.
Reasonable person
Walden
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Sorry, Missy, your talking about the OTHER Dolores McNamara. Only I am related to cousin Do.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
missy

Post by missy »

Weeks - my long lost COUSIN!!! :D
(common - there's more than enough to share!)
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
djm

Post by djm »

Walden wrote:I hope she can afford a very nice private island
I am given to understand that this is, in fact, the plan. She will then charge rent to everyone living on the Isle of Man. :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
IRTradRU?

Post by IRTradRU? »

djm wrote:
Walden wrote:I hope she can afford a very nice private island
I am given to understand that this is, in fact, the plan. She will then charge rent to everyone living on the Isle of Man. :D

djm
:lol:

The only delay is in the renaming rights... "Isle of Dolores". :wink:
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: 77 Million squid

Post by Bloomfield »

Mrs McNamara's friend Geraldine Donohoe said: "She is a lovely person. She married and she raised a lovely family. She more than deserved what she got."
eh?
/Bloomfield
dubhlinn

Re: 77 Million squid

Post by dubhlinn »

Bloomfield wrote:
eh?
You've never been to Limerick I take it?

Slan,
D. :)
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Hey I married and raised a lovely family. Don't I deserve it too? :roll:
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I never cared for squid, because it was rubbery and hard to chew, until I attended a party thrown by some Korean friends, and they served deep fried squid rings. It has remained a favorite of my sister and me ever since. Alas, there aren't too many squid to be had in this county.
Reasonable person
Walden