Polly wants a Cracker

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

My dietary habits are

omnivorous
61%
carnivorous
6%
ovo-lacto-vegetarian
8%
lacto-vegetarian
2%
vegan
2%
I do not have a dietary habit
21%

Total votes: 62

talasiga
antispam: No

Polly wants a Cracker

Post by talasiga »

There's quite a few topics in the pub right now about what people ate and where they ate it.

I am sorry to be so boring and methodical but seeing as I don't go in for crystal flutes (I think) and seeing that I already know that a conical bore D flute is easier on the reach than a cylindrical bore flute, I thought I might just start this poll.

Its about what we be eating and thats why I called it what I did (which see at top).

Please partake. Anonymity assured. Heh hehe heh ....
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

OK! Who's the smarty pants who doesn't have a dietary habit? Come on Appetite Nirvana, own up!
:x

(and how come you voted twice? Hmmm? :-? )
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

You left out an option for beer. It's hard to characterize, live yeast, alcohol, and all.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Should there by a "Ichthyos" vegetarian choice?
Or a ovo-lactos-ichthyos choice?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Missing options?

Religious like these...

Kosher / Halal diet
Diet of the yogi’s, (lacto-vegetarian without chocolate, onions, mushrooms and other bad karma foods)

Oh and fot fun...
The Eat raw diet. (Subset of the vegan diet)
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Doug_Tipple

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Tally, old boy, you need a category for "all of the above, depending on my mood". I visited my brother near New Orleans, Louisianna, and he and his wife took me to a local Cajun, all-you-can-eat seafood restaurant. The owners of the restaurant had the good sense not to label the identity of the different items that were presented on the food line. They also conveniently placed a large garbage can between the food line and the seating area so that you could slop your plate of the dismembered shellfish bodies before you returned to the food line for your 3rd helping of alligator. To tell you the truth, it is not a place that I dream about returning someday. My brother and his wife think that it is a good place, however. This is my brother's second wife, and other than being a Smith graduate and a member of MENSA, she has one habit that my brother is having to cope with, namely that she goes to excess when she shops for things. He told me yesterday that she had just come home with 100 pounds of shrimp. I suppose that she got it at a good price.
Martin Milner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Martin Milner »

Doug_Tipple wrote:Tally, old boy, you need a category for "all of the above, depending on my mood". I visited my brother near New Orleans, Louisianna, and he and his wife took me to a local Cajun, all-you-can-eat seafood restaurant. The owners of the restaurant had the good sense not to label the identity of the different items that were presented on the food line. They also conveniently placed a large garbage can between the food line and the seating area so that you could slop your plate of the dismembered shellfish bodies before you returned to the food line for your 3rd helping of alligator. To tell you the truth, it is not a place that I dream about returning someday. My brother and his wife think that it is a good place, however. This is my brother's second wife, and other than being a Smith graduate and a member of MENSA, she has one habit that my brother is having to cope with, namely that she goes to excess when she shops for things. He told me yesterday that she had just come home with 100 pounds of shrimp. I suppose that she got it at a good price.
Isn't that covered by omnivorous?

Problem with 100 pounds of shrimp - peel & cook it, you've got about 25 pounds of shrimp.

UK note: Shrimp = Prawn
peteinmn

Post by peteinmn »

Burp

Pardon Me. :oops:

What was the question again?
Shut up and drink your gin! - Fagin
Doug_Tipple

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Martin Milner wrote:
Doug_Tipple wrote:Tally, old boy, you need a category for "all of the above, depending on my mood". I visited my brother near New Orleans, Louisianna, and he and his wife took me to a local Cajun, all-you-can-eat seafood restaurant. The owners of the restaurant had the good sense not to label the identity of the different items that were presented on the food line. They also conveniently placed a large garbage can between the food line and the seating area so that you could slop your plate of the dismembered shellfish bodies before you returned to the food line for your 3rd helping of alligator. To tell you the truth, it is not a place that I dream about returning someday. My brother and his wife think that it is a good place, however. This is my brother's second wife, and other than being a Smith graduate and a member of MENSA, she has one habit that my brother is having to cope with, namely that she goes to excess when she shops for things. He told me yesterday that she had just come home with 100 pounds of shrimp. I suppose that she got it at a good price.
Isn't that covered by omnivorous?

Problem with 100 pounds of shrimp - peel & cook it, you've got about 25 pounds of shrimp.

UK note: Shrimp = Prawn
Martin, omnivorous means that you will eat meat as well as fruit and vegetables, according to my understanding of the word. On the other hand, I have a tee shirt which reads, "Part-time Vegetarian". I always hear chuckles when I wear it. However, that pretty much describes me. I go through periods where I don't eat meat, and tofu seems to have a delicious flavor right out of the container. It won't be very long, though, before the idea of chicken soup begins to reenter my consciousnes as something that I have to have right away. So, in my mind I am not really omnivorous; I am a part-time vegetarian. Does that make sense?
Last edited by Doug_Tipple on Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I'm not exactly omnivorous. I don't eat bugs.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Nanohedron wrote:I'm not exactly omnivorous. I don't eat bugs.
There was an old lady who swallowed a fly...
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
missy

Post by missy »

"There was an old lady who swallowed a fly..."

"........there was an old lady who swallowed a spider......"
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

jsluder wrote:
Don't ask me why she swallowed a fly...
Doug_Tipple

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Nanohedron wrote:
jsluder wrote:
Don't ask me why she swallowed a fly...
Perhaps, she'll die.
When Tal wakes up in Austrialia and he sees what we have done to his survey, I will be ready for my tofu shake and will drift off to slumber.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

You must eat in fancier restaurants than I do.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."