Anyone Going to the Potomac Celtic Festival.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
LeeMarsh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by LeeMarsh »

<a href=http://www.potomaccelticfest.org/>Potomic Celtic Fesitival</a>

It's this weekend. I've never gone; but, am considering trying to make if over this year. Especially because, the Washington DC Irish Festival has been cancelled for 2002.

Any one planning on attending?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeeMarsh on 2002-06-06 17:41 ]</font>
srt19170

Post by srt19170 »

I went :smile:.

I managed to seen Brenga Astur (who I also saw last year) and Andy Stewart ("When I was a young apprentice, and less than compis mentis...") and enjoyed both. I got over to the session tent for a few tunes. There were a bunch of the regulars from the NoVa session there. I managed to walk up just as they were playing a couple of hornpipes I knew, which was lucky for me since my scanty repetoire makes such a happening unlikely. However, the young kids were fast fading and I had to leave shortly thereafter.

-- Scott T.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I REALLY wanted to get there, especially to see Andy Stewart (and the Battlefield Band and Iona), but was recovering from very stressful preparation for a first birthday party (not my own) that, of course, went perfectly smoothly on Saturday. I literally snoozed away half of Sunday.

We both swore that there will be no huge second birthday party; hopefully by the time she's a few more years old, she'll be asking us to take her to the Celtic Festival for her birthday!

Charlie
LeeMarsh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by LeeMarsh »

Unfortunately I missed it too. Sorry I missed you, Scott; and missed meeting th NoVA session folks.

Hope you got a chance to really ...