New Bush-bash Low: the President is too physically fit

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

New Bush-bash Low: the President is too physically fit

Post by The Weekenders »

Put this in your damned if you do, don't dept....Or sour grapes dept.

I remember when Alice Waters was upset at Clinton's weight and eating lifestyle.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/com ... t-opinions

Couch potatoes find a story they can really get behind. Talk about whiney... the final statement is the best...
Last edited by The Weekenders on Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Whistling Pops
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: New Left Low: the President is too physically fit

Post by Whistling Pops »

[quote="The Weekenders". Talk about whiney...[/quote] :lol:
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

There's nothing in the article which supports your accusations that this is "left" or "liberal" criticism.

The author's comments are unrelated to any particular ideology.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Father Emmet

Post by Father Emmet »

I don't think anyone gives a damn about his physical fitness.
Father Emmet

Post by Father Emmet »

The Weekenders wrote: Liberal couch potatoes
:lol:
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

The Weekenders wrote:Put this in your damned if you do, don't dept....Or sour grapes dept.

I remember when Alice Waters was upset at Clinton's weight and eating lifestyle.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/com ... t-opinions

Liberal couch potatoes find a story they can really get behind. Talk about whiney... the final statement is the best...
http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/crying.html The answer to your problem. :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Denny

Post by Denny »

s1m0n wrote:There's nothing in the article which supports your accusations that this is "left" or "liberal" criticism.

A senior editor for The New Republic?

Oh yeah, I think he's got you there Weeks.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Denny wrote:
s1m0n wrote:There's nothing in the article which supports your accusations that this is "left" or "liberal" criticism.

A senior editor for The New Republic?

Oh yeah, I think he's got you there Weeks.
Unless you support this with something in the actual content of the article, this remark is merely a blatant and sleazy ad hominum.

Your move.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

L-word edited even though I think he is. Thanks for your friendly reminder, Wombly.

Why don't you check out some of his other articles before you jump on my ass? Like the one where he calls Bork a "right wing nut-job." That's not a real conservative or even moderate Republican type of opinion.

And as far as inferring that he's a couch potato, Wombly: would a person who shares a commitment for a simple hour of day exercise even write this column? I betya he is... but I had no proof. Shame on me.

How anybody can consider it a bad thing that a middle-age man gets an hour of exercise per day is beyond me.
Last edited by The Weekenders on Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Well, nobody ever said the Right had the market cornered on frivolous opinion pieces; there is an overabundance of worthless pundits on both sides. It gives folks from the other side something to point at and snigger, "Look how ridiculous they are." :roll:

Unless you purchased the paper which published the opinion piece, you got your money's worth. (If you did purchase the paper, then you got robbed, at least as far as the linked article is concerned.)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

How anybody can consider it a bad thing that a middle-age man gets an hour of exercise per day is beyond me.
Or months of vacation a year.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

s1m0n wrote:
Or months of vacation a year.
Hey Simon, mebbe Bush has Euro-envy too!! :lol:
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

The Weekenders wrote:L-word edited even though I think he is. Thanks for your friendly reminder, Wombly.

Why don't you check out some of his other articles before you jump on my ass? Like the one where he calls Bork a "right wing nut-job." That's not a real conservative or even moderate Republican type of opinion.

And as far as inferring that he's a couch potato, Wombly: would a person who shares a commitment for a simple hour of day exercise even write this column? I betya he is... but I had no proof. Shame on me.

I wasn't commenting on you or the article, Weeks. That was aimed at Denny's remark.

I've got nothing against exercise, I even do it myself.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Tyler

Post by Tyler »