Hurricane Dennis

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
jbarter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jbarter »

When is it due to get to you Dale?
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

We'll be keeping all of you at C&F Central, and all the Chiffers in the area, in our prayers Dale.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

jbarter wrote:When is it due to get to you Dale?
Sunday night/Monday morning. We'll likely have power outages. The last one put us in the dark for 5 days.

Dale
djm

Post by djm »

This site is hosted by a Canadian server, so I'am guessing that we will still be here, but Dale may not be. Neither might the other moderator, JES, be here if Florida gets nailed. Hmm, the possibilities for unrestricted idiocy on the board are pretty overwhelming ...... :roll:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
BrassBlower
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Hurricane Dennis

Post by BrassBlower »

Walden wrote: The black 8, on the other side of Arkansas, marks Waldco International HQ.
Likewise, the Brass Roof Inn is just below the end of the "P". :o
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Lambchop mentioned being worried a few days ago. So I hope she will be okay. Poor Lamby! And djm mentioned JES, so I hope for the best for him too. For all of you down there.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Here I am in relation to Dale's location...

Here I was during hurricane Jeanne, Frances, Charlie and Ivan. This is a satalite image of Jeanne.

Needless to say, I'm not ready (mentally) for another assault... at least not this early in the season.... *sigh*...

THanks for your concern and well wishes everyone. Dale, I'll do what I can to distract Dennis long enough for you to 'exit stage left'... in true Snaggle Puss fashion. Wow, I have just dated myself again. :D
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Dennis is now up to sustained winds of up to 150 mph. If it reaches 155 mph it will become a category 5. All of you stay safe in the area!!!
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Joseph E. Smith

My wife and I were planning a trip to the Keys, I guess this is as good an excuse as any not to go. :D

I hope Tony down in Miami weathers this one out OK. G'Luck Boy'o.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

The hospital where I work just went to Phase II preparations. That's the stage marking the point at which no more actual useful work gets done. :D

PHSD (post-hurricane stress disorder) is busting out all over. When they announced Phase II, one person burst into tears and still hasn't stopped. She's just sitting there working away with tears streaming down her face. Another started sniffling . . . moaning "I can't do another one of these . . . I just can't."

In Phase II, we bag, tag, and secure anything electronic. I went off in search of plastic bags, returned with them, and dumped a pile on each desk. As these folks came back from lunch, you could hear curses . . . "Oh, !@$%! It's the *^@! bags again! I just got everything OUT of the bags from last year! I CAN'T DEAL WITH THE BAGS AGAIN. PLEASE . . . NO MORE BAGS! CAN'T THIS JUST STOP!!!" (Now you see why I snuck the bags onto their desks while they were gone . . . I don't want them associating me with those bags. )

Some of these people still haven't rebuilt from last year. The poor moaning soul above had roof damage during the first storm, then a car smashed by a tree during the next. Cost her $2500 to get the tree removed and the car was totalled. The tree was a gorgeous old oak, and she was rather attached to it. She'd just gotten it cleaned up, and the roof repaired, when the third storm hit, dropping her other gorgeous old oak on her other car.

How am I dealing with all of this? Well, I didn't break down into tears! Not me! I threw up instead. Felt better immediately.

Now, I'm keeping an eye on the NOAA website to see if Dennis shows any easterly movement. If it does, I may have to evacuate, as I'm at only 3 meters elevation (if that) and 5 meters from the water.

:sniffle:

Much thanks to Joseph for including me on the map! You're a prince, Joseph!

[/i]
Last edited by Lambchop on Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

izzarina wrote:Dennis is now up to sustained winds of up to 150 mph. If it reaches 155 mph it will become a category 5. All of you stay safe in the area!!!

:boggle:

That's very scarey news! Catagory 5? Yikes! You folks batten down real tight and do everything you can to stay safe, k?

Is it my imagination, or has there been an increase of bad hurricanes/number of hurricanes along the south/eastern region over the last few years? Anyone familiar with the statistics on this?

:o Sara
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
Joseph E. Smith

Updated with lambchop's location.

I went to St. Petersburg College and know the area well. Good luck lambykins!!
BrassBlower
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by BrassBlower »

Hey, Joseph, with you being near the northeast side of the storm, there's a pretty good chance you'll see your avatar! :o
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
Joseph E. Smith

BrassBlower wrote:Hey, Joseph, with you being near the northeast side of the storm, there's a pretty good chance you'll see your avatar! :o
There is certainly a good possibility of that... I must be sure to have plenty of batteries for the camera. :D
missy

Post by missy »

Joseph - I still do not like your avatar!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com