Explosions in London

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

I've been on a London Transport annoucement mailing list for months; just got this:
I can confirm that National Rail, Bus and Docklands Light Railway services are returning to normal.

London Underground will be closed for the rest of the day and will start running a reduced service tomorrow morning.

Please visit our website www.tfl.gov.uk for up to date information, or if you have access to a television please look at Ceefax page 436 or Teletext page 164.
(BTW - did someone change my thread title? :-? Not important, just curious.)
treeshark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by treeshark »

OnTheMoor wrote:And respect for the Londoners on tv who seem ready to head back to work tomorrow. Terrorists didn't quite realize how stubborn the British could be I guess.
Hell I'll be off through it tomorrow myself and don't think myself in the least brave... after all london's been bombed before... by professionals.
Denny

Post by Denny »

avanutria wrote:(BTW - did someone change my thread title? :-? Not important, just curious.)
Dale might have... He was heading off a thread hijack on the prior page.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Aye, aye, aye.

I was planning on taking another short break from the Internet, then this happened and I had to check in with everybody. I know more Londoners on C&F than anywhere else, on the web or in real life.

This is just horrible.

I'm glad you're OK, Beth and Martin and Gary and everybody else.

I saw on CNN Lou Dobbs' show said this was the worst violence to hit London since World War II. That really says a lot. :cry:

I prayed and am praying for all involved.

I also just played Amazing Grace on whistle. I remember when we all did played Amazing Grace for the 9/11 victims at the same time. It seems to me something along the same lines could be arranged here.

*hugs everybody*
Last edited by Jack on Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

edited
Last edited by The Weekenders on Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

I think the US State Department said that 2 Americans were injured, 2 presumed injured (which I thought was an interesting statement). No North American fatalities.
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

Riding the subway and commuter rail home today revealed a much increased police presence. Lots of cops and a few dogs at South Station (rail hub). State police patroling suburban commuter rail stops. TV cameras everywhere. The slogan on the PA at a downtown subway stop was "If you see something, say something."

I wonder what it will be next Monday. Kathryn Ticknell seemed right for the head phones for the long ride home.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Spend time writing political posts to this thread if you wish, but rest assured they'll be deleted when I see them.

Go elsewhere:
http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... start=6600

...and please don't start screaming you're being oppressed. All I'm asking is to take it to the political thread.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

My first thought when I heard the news on TV was of you there in London, Ava..so glad you are okay. Very relieved also to hear from other chiffers that are okay as well. I think all the sentiments about this terrible and senseless tragedy have been expressed...a truly sad day.
Alan
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Post by Alan »

Same first thought as Moonlight and was much relieved to see Beth had started this thread and was ok as are the other London chiffers... *whew*

Hope Redwolf is heard from soon...
Alan
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Just dropping in to offer my condolences. :cry:

Robin
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Still anxious to hear from Redwolf though... praying she and her group are alright!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

anniemcu wrote:Still anxious to hear from Redwolf though... praying she and her group are alright!
I'm a bit anxious myself. Praying here as well!
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Blackwood

Post by Blackwood »

Dale,

I'm not screaming but a terrorist attack is a political statement, therefore this is a political thread, i made a comment in response to the events today that dealt with perspective and truth (at least according to me :wink: )

i take it you disagreed with my comment?
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Eight pages and I'm mainly wondering if Redwood is okay.

I hate to reduce it to one person, but sometimes it's all you can do.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony