Bush in near-fatal G8 accident

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Bush in near-fatal G8 accident

Post by GaryKelly »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4658327.stm

Oh the humanity! So close to a Darwin Award...
The BBC wrote:This is not the president's first accident.

In May 2004, he was badly grazed after falling off his mountain bike during a ride at his Texas ranch and, in June 2003, he fell off his hi-tech Segway scooter.

In January 2002, he grazed his cheek after choking on a pretzel and fainting.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

"The doctor bandaged the grazes..."

What is it with all these grazes? It's the only description they ever use. Makes it sound like he's been attacked by herbivores.
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

avanutria wrote:"The doctor bandaged the grazes..."

What is it with all these grazes? It's the only description they ever use. Makes it sound like he's been attacked by herbivores.
Chance would be a fine thing. Can we make it a rampaging herd of 100 mad bull elephants in a very confined space?

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

... given that he hails from Oil and Cattle country, grazes seems an adequate descrition of his injuries... and being that he is a deeply religeous man... Amazing Grazes....Image
Jeff Stallard

Post by Jeff Stallard »

Oh, my goodness! What in the world??! You wish he had DIED?! I thought liberals were supposed to be against violence and hate.
"Reality is the computer hardware, and religions are the operating systems: abstractions that allow us to interact with, and draw meaning from, a reality that would otherwise be incomprehensible."
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

JES, :lol: :lol:
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Jeff Stallard wrote:Oh, my goodness! What in the world??! You wish he had DIED?! I thought liberals were supposed to be against violence and hate.
Humor, simply humor. Do you honestly believe that Gary Kelly would wish anyone dead? :-?
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

<------ see avatar
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Anybody who regularly rides a bike gets a few scrapes. Amazing how perfect some are on this Forum.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

The Weekenders wrote:Anybody who regularly rides a bike gets a few scrapes.
And those of us who do it irregularly get even more. Been there, done that, got blood on the T shirt.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

The Weekenders wrote: Amazing how perfect some are on this Forum.
It's about time someone noticed how amazingly close to perfection I really am. Thanks, Weeks! :lol:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Jeff Stallard

Post by Jeff Stallard »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:Humor, simply humor. Do you honestly believe that Gary Kelly would wish anyone dead? :-?
So lamenting the fact that our president DIDN'T die is humorous. That's interesting. Even through the crazy days of the Clinton impeachment, I don't recall anyone joking about how it's too bad the president didn't die. Okay I take that back; I did hear one guy saying that, but he was an extreme right-wing nutjob.
"Reality is the computer hardware, and religions are the operating systems: abstractions that allow us to interact with, and draw meaning from, a reality that would otherwise be incomprehensible."
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Jeff Stallard wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote:Humor, simply humor. Do you honestly believe that Gary Kelly would wish anyone dead? :-?
So lamenting the fact that our president DIDN'T die is humorous. That's interesting. Even through the crazy days of the Clinton impeachment, I don't recall anyone joking about how it's too bad the president didn't die. Okay I take that back; I did hear one guy saying that, but he was an extreme right-wing nutjob.
Gary just said, "So close to a Darwin Award." Though often the case, Darwin Awards are not necessarily given only to those who die stupidly. They're given to those who, in a stupid fashion, remove their capability to reproduce (i.e., can no longer contribute to the gene pool). For a man, a hard enough hit astraddle a bike bar could do that...
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Can't believe I'm the first one to say it. HE WAS DRUNK!!!

GWB has a long history of alcohol abuse. It was one of the things that got him into trouble with the Air National Guard. He was arrested for DUI and had his driving licence taken away. The LoneGunman website had a great video clip of him drunk at a friend's wedding in 1992 when he was supposed to have been on the wagon since 1987. Choking on a prezel, indeed. What do we normally drink when we're eating prezels? Beer, for God's sake.

Besides, you honestly think he'd be in Scotland, home of the world's best whisky, and not be drunk?
PJ
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Jeff Stallard wrote:
Blimey, if this is a poststructural pub this must be gettin' near to a poststructural punch-up near poststructural closing time! :wink:

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!