A rather odd question....

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

*some scurrying is heard in the vicinity of the keyboard*

[mouse]That's a rather personal question, don't you think?[/mouse]

Well, now you've done it. You've offended the Director of Quality Control.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Wormdiet
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Wormdiet »

Invest in an optical one. No fuss, no muss.
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Wormdiet wrote:Invest in an optical one. No fuss, no muss.
I used to have one, but it just stopped working all of a sudden.
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Cranberry wrote:
I used to have one, but it just stopped working all of a sudden.
That's the downside, optical mice can be touchy. I've seen a couple that had "sudden death syndrome."

On the flip side, though, my wife and I are using cordless Logitech optical mice that are at least a couple of years old now but are still going strong. I did have some trouble with the scroll wheel on mine, but I disassembled the mouse and removed the gunk that had accumulated around the scroll wheel. Good as new.

--James
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I had an optical mouse at work, but I missed the sensual feel of the ball moving over the mouse pad and caressing the little rollers inside the mouse. I am more comfortable with mechanical objects that I can easily take apart and fix, like my old 56 Chevy that I drove for years. I wouldn't dream of working on the engine of my car today.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I got a mouse and a keyboard at the Goodwill.
Reasonable person
Walden
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

dubhlinn wrote:Cran,

Let the mouse run free....
Appalling, simply appalling. Anyone with half a mind knows that doesn't work. :roll:

quite frankly, I was thinking more along the lines of a mouse ball being something akin to a fur ball. And I wondered why anyone would want to clean it :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Random notes

Post by Random notes »

How many mice does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Sorry, wrong thread....

I used a device for cleaning the mouse guts that has a velcro ball on a velcro pad. Take the rubber ball out of the mouse, put a bit of "cleaning fluid" (alcohol) on the velcro ball, place the mouse over the velcro ball on the pad and roll it around. It works great, even on the crud that builds up hard on the skinny rollers on older mice. I used it for a long time before I finally got an optical mouse.

Roger
Non omnes qui habemt citharam sunt citharoedi
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

izzarina wrote:Anyone with half a mind knows that doesn't work. :roll:
Yeah, well, people with half a mind usually think they know a lot more than they really do. :wink:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Random notes

Post by Random notes »

jsluder wrote:Yeah, well, people with half a mind usually think they know a lot more than they really do.:)
'Round here they say, it ain't what he knows that's the problem - it's what he knows that just ain't so.

Roger
Non omnes qui habemt citharam sunt citharoedi
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

I apologize in advance...
MEMO

Re: Replacement of Mouse Balls.

If a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement. Mouse balls are now available as FRU (Field Replacement Units). Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.

Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending upon the manufacturer of the mouse. Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop off method. Domestic balls are replaced by using the twist off method. Mouse balls are not usually static sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge. Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately.

It is recommended that each person have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction. Any customer missing his balls should contact the local personnel in charge of removing and replacing these necessary items.

Please keep in mind that a customer without properly working balls is an unhappy customer.
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

beowulf573 wrote:I apologize in advance...
MEMO

Re: Replacement of Mouse Balls.

If a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement. Mouse balls are now available as FRU (Field Replacement Units). Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.

Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending upon the manufacturer of the mouse. Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop off method. Domestic balls are replaced by using the twist off method. Mouse balls are not usually static sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge. Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately.

It is recommended that each person have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction. Any customer missing his balls should contact the local personnel in charge of removing and replacing these necessary items.

Please keep in mind that a customer without properly working balls is an unhappy customer.
... well, there you have it. :D
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

At least dirty mouse balls are better than pimply hairy fishnuts...
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

jsluder wrote:At least dirty mouse balls are better than pimply hairy fishnuts...
A classic!
Jack

Post by Jack »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
jsluder wrote:At least dirty mouse balls are better than pimply hairy fishnuts...
A classic!
What is that white drum-looking thing on her chest? I'm assuming it has something to do with Hare Krishna, but I don't know much about it...