The truth of making sweet music...sex!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
dubhlinn
antispam: No

Post by dubhlinn »

emmline wrote:
dubhlinn wrote: Well now...I just knew that you were an Angel sent down from on high to break the hearts of we mere mortals...

Slan,
D. :)
Oh, you think that's a good thing, eh? Imagine the position of the two males in our household--both annoying, but neither domineering--forced to live in the estrogen-heavy domain of 4 women, who, relative to the guys, tend to think in tandem and exert some heavy force of will. And I may not be loud, but that doesn't apply to all the girls here.
That would be a Heavenly lifestyle to someone like me...six sisters and a very dominant Mother was no picnic for poor little me ye know...not one of the sisterhood likes anything I ever listened to,watched on T.V.books I read and any attempt to bring a girl home was enough to send them into a feeding frenzy as they bayed for blood..usually mine :sniffle:

Slan,
D. :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

My wife used to be an oboe player. In fact at the time I met her (online) her screen name was Oboe123456. Explains a lot :P
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Sunnywindo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Sunnywindo »

emmline wrote:
MarkB wrote:... and got so bored on Broadway...
This lady obviously got bored rather easily.
Didn't realize that being BORED justified such digusting behavior. You all did READ the article, yes? She's sleeping around with a good number of men, three at a time at one point (that it mentioned) TWO of the three at the time happend to be MARRIED! Then she goes on saying that she "got hired for most of my gigs in bed"! And this is worthy of room in a NEWPAPER like it's a good thing???? Then to top it off it not only gets posted here (no wonder this site doesn't pass through internet filters well anymore) and the whole thread turns into a joke, started by this pathetic excuse for an article? Like sleeping around with that many men and getting hired because you do it is funny?

Guess I shouldn't be surprised in a world where fewer and fewer people have genuine respect for themselves or each other. Well, I'm genuninely disgusted, so much so that I had to post and say so even if it winds up being majorly irksome to others.

And people wonder why we have so many children doing each other at increasingly younger ages... well, if the adults can't control themselves and show some decency and respect when it comes to sex then the kids certainly aren't. This lady and the reaction (or rather, non-reaction) she is getting is just another example of the twisted perversion that has become the accepted norm in our society. Sick, sick, sick!

I feel like throwing up now....

:x Sara (Where's a barfing emoticon when you need it? Maybe it is time for a break...)
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

I'm no shrink but I believe that the woman in question would have a very low level of self esteem and some inner drive for affection would be a greater motivation than sex here.She also seems to be a lover of publicity - I mean why else would she go public with such a pathetic tale?.
These sordid little storys pop up every day in some form and other and I honestly believe that the majority of people have become indifferent to them..Foolish shallow people who would do absolutely anything to get their name into the media bore me.
The original post was obviously put up in the spirit of humour and I took it like that though I can fully understand your outrage.

We live in strange times Sunny...it's very hard to know where we, as a society, will end up.

Slan,
D.

W.B.Yeats
emmline

Post by emmline »

Actually Sara, I think the whole thing's silly.
The oboist is, for attention and maybe a book deal, exposing her ridiculous lifestyle to the public---it's tantamount, really, to posing nude in Penthouse. It may earn her a few bucks, but this is not what most people would want to be known for.
It's stupid that she slept with married men (if any of this is true,) it's stupid that they slept with her, and it's stupid to publicize such indiscretions.

But I see this theme frequently lately. And what's new is not the affairs--what's new is the social climate in which one can make promiscuity into a public persona without complete societal disapproval.

OTOH, it's not a bad thing if people in a position to be exposed have another reason to think twice about questionable behavior--someone even more shameless than yourself may be waiting to cash in on your bad judgment.

Anyway, I understand your rant--I guess that for me, for better or for worse--humor trumps outrage in this case.
(edit--Dub said almost exactly the same thing!)
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

emmline wrote:Anyway, I understand your rant--I guess that for me, for better or for worse--humor trumps outrage in this case.
(edit--Dub said almost exactly the same thing!)
:) Looks like we were responding at exactly the same time but I just got to the submit button before you :wink:

As usual, you said it much better than I could.

Slan,
D. :)

W.B.Yeats
missy

Post by missy »

Sara - I do understand........

First, I wouldn't have given this article a second glance anywhere else but here. I don't read celebs. stories, etc. - I tried hard to not hear the sorid details of the Jackson trial (failed a lot because of CNN being on in the cafeteria at work) - and I don't consider any of this news.
IF all this is true (again, I have my doubts), this person has little self esteem (as already stated) and even if it's not - she's just out to make a buck.
The jokes, just as with the Jackson trial, are kinda the "whistling past the graveyard" thing. When something bothers you, you can get angry and try to change it, or when you know you can't change it, you can joke about it to try to come to grips with it. I kinda went with the later.
I think it's also the "Ripley's Believe it or Not" syndrome. Humans like to be shocked, and have always paid good money for side shows, etc. Sometimes it's real, sometimes it's fake.
This woman would certainly NOT be someone I would hold up in any way as someone to emulate.

Again - I do understand your feelings, and I'm sorry if making light of her upset you.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I posted the article because it was funny, sad but funny. This sort of behaviour has always been whispered in the bio's of conductors, classical stars, and musicians etc., really nothing new and this is a pub.

It was meant to be an "Oh my gosh aren't we glad that we play ITM and nothing like that happens with us sort of thing humour." Many a kiddie lichen movie (i.e. made for television type movie) has used these type of stories for plot lines including the somewhat teasing supposedly sex scenes. Nothing new really.

Kids have always been going at it in some way or another, through the history of our species. Girls were forced/sold/swapped into marriage when puberty started for them, boys were doing a grown mans labour or going off to war by the time they were twelve and thirteen.

And since this is in book form very few will read it let alone a kid of twelve or so.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Sunnywindo wrote:
emmline wrote:
MarkB wrote:... and got so bored on Broadway...
This lady obviously got bored rather easily.
Didn't realize that being BORED justified such digusting behavior. You all did READ the article, yes? She's sleeping around with a good number of men, three at a time at one point (that it mentioned) TWO of the three at the time happend to be MARRIED! Then she goes on saying that she "got hired for most of my gigs in bed"! And this is worthy of room in a NEWPAPER like it's a good thing???? Then to top it off it not only gets posted here (no wonder this site doesn't pass through internet filters well anymore) and the whole thread turns into a joke, started by this pathetic excuse for an article? Like sleeping around with that many men and getting hired because you do it is funny?

Guess I shouldn't be surprised in a world where fewer and fewer people have genuine respect for themselves or each other. Well, I'm genuninely disgusted, so much so that I had to post and say so even if it winds up being majorly irksome to others.

And people wonder why we have so many children doing each other at increasingly younger ages... well, if the adults can't control themselves and show some decency and respect when it comes to sex then the kids certainly aren't. This lady and the reaction (or rather, non-reaction) she is getting is just another example of the twisted perversion that has become the accepted norm in our society. Sick, sick, sick!

I feel like throwing up now....

:x Sara (Where's a barfing emoticon when you need it? Maybe it is time for a break...)
I wonder if anything has changed, and if it really is getting worse, and so forth. Pick a decade; pick an age and tell me (some) people didn't sleep around to get what they wanted...

On the other hand I don't know about "accepted norm in our society," either. Seems to me that such behavior isn't the norm; nor is it accepted.
/Bloomfield
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

And then again, some people are simply cavalier about sexual relations, women included. I didn't notice any sense of her having felt oppressed in what I read; the writer seemed rather matter-of-fact about the whole thing, and seemed more interested in simply exposing the culture for what it apparently is. I can't make assumptions as to her motives.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Nanohedron wrote:And then again, some people are simply cavalier about sexual relations, women included. I didn't notice any sense of her having felt oppressed in what I read; the writer seemed rather matter-of-fact about the whole thing, and seemed more interested in simply exposing the culture for what it apparently is. I can't make assumptions as to her motives.

My goodness, dear, she's just a slut and she doesn't know it!
Last edited by Lambchop on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Lambchop wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:And then again, some people are simply cavalier about sexual relations, women included. I didn't notice any sense of her having felt oppressed in what I read; the writer seemed rather matter-of-fact about the whole thing, and seemed more interested in simply exposing the culture for what it apparently is. I can't make assumptions as to her motives.

My goodness, dear, she's just a slut and she doesn't know it.
LOL!!!!

...but I meant motives in blowing the lid off the thing, in case there was any confusion; not her motives in sleeping around. That was ready opportunism pure and simple.
herbivore12

Post by herbivore12 »

One does wonder just how good she was at playing the damn oboe, if that's how she got all her gigs.

I played tuba and trombone professionally around southern California; never had to sleep with a section leader for a job. That's a blessing, if you've ever met orchestral trombonists and tuba players, believe me. :o (I dated a lovely young french horn player, though, and she had nothing like the problem the horn players had whom poor Ms. Tindall took home . I think she's full of bunk, this oboist-turned-journalist.)

If I'd had to sleep with a pretty oboist, though . . . well, hey! :devil: The lady herself claims that the musicians carry the skills of playing their instruments into bed with them, and all I know of oboe playing is that you really gotta wrap your lips around that thing and blow.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

I have it on good authority that uilleann pipers are into bondage and leather.
herbivore12

Post by herbivore12 »

Nanohedron wrote:I have it on good authority that uilleann pipers are into bondage and leather.
But they're always playing with themselves solo, aren't they? Always providing their own accompaniment, poor things.