Hot In London today: Weather Warning for Redwolf

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Martin Milner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Hot In London today: Weather Warning for Redwolf

Post by Martin Milner »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day_f.shtml?world=0008

Redwolf, I recommend you and your fellow travellers make allowance for potential excessive heat in your packing plans! Shorts, t-shirts, sunscreen, and some form of headcovering to prevent sunburn etc.

Today the BBC Website predicts 90F as the top temperature in London, and the lowest TOP temperature this week is 77F. It's 8:30am, Sitting still indoors in the shade with very little modesty, I'm coated in a sheen of sweat already.

There's no more than a wisp of cloud in the sky, and it is admittedly very beautiful with the birdsong floating up to me through the window. This may seem chilly to some on the board, but with the relative humidity floating between 45-60 all week, and very little breeze, it's sticky enough for Londoners.

Clothing, you will find, is vastly more expensive in London than the US. A "Cheap" pair of denim jeans would be around $38, so it would be better to bring your own shorts than go shopping for them.

Ugh, just felt the first drops of sweat rolling down my back. Time to cool off with a shower, and contemplate the coming day's England-Australia cricket match!
talasiga
antispam: No

Re: Hot In London today: Weather Warning for Redwolf

Post by talasiga »

Martin Milner wrote:......
Clothing, you will find, is vastly more expensive in London than the US. A "Cheap" pair of denim jeans would be around $38 .......
That is indeed cheap (and I say that without inverted commas). My wife tells me that in Australia a cheap pair costs much more than that. She knows more about this than me. I do not wear shop bought jeans. They are ball crushers, if you ask me.
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Extrememy hot here in Sunny Scunny as well.Appears to be the hottest day of the year so far,so we are off a an epic bike ride across the Trent and into Yorkshire passing through many little villages - with many country pubs as well.Expect to be out for about seven hours and I've got the camera so if I get any good photos I'll put one up tonight...have a good day y'all 8)

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Cayden

Re: Hot In London today: Weather Warning for Redwolf

Post by Cayden »

Martin Milner wrote: . This may seem chilly to some on the board, but with the relative humidity floating between 45-60 all week, and very little breeze, it's sticky enough for Londoners.
:lol: :lol: We call that dry air Martin, humidity has been around 85 all week at 18-20 Celsius (our hottest summer day last year reached whopping 23 Celsius). The weatherforcast has put out the potato blight alert.

On the other hand, if you hit rockbottom, a pair of jeans at Tesco's is going at 6 euro. :roll:
mukade

Post by mukade »

Luxury!

It has been hovering around 27-30c here all this week with humidity at a steady 80.

Mukade
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

mukade wrote:Luxury!
Mukade
Well, in fairness, the fog and low cloud we had the past few days has lifted, there abit of fresh wind that chases of the midges and makes it feel less close, it's 20 celsius and the sun is shining.
Ten minutes ago it was like this (after a few hours of cutting the grass):

Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Hey! I remember that place! Do you still have the frogs in the pond, Peter?
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
missy

Post by missy »

Beautiful view - Peter.

We've been having weird weather (as usual).

We had 2 weeks of 90F, high humidity, the type of weather we usually have in August. Had a MAJOR storm come through mid week.
The past few days have been mid 70F during the day, 50's at night, and low humidity, the type of weather we usually have in May, between rain that is.
I have NO idea what month it is now!!!!!!!! :D

We're going to be camping at a festival for a whole week, starting a week from today - anyone care to place bets that we will go BACK to the high 90's and high humidity????
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Tyghress wrote:Hey! I remember that place! Do you still have the frogs in the pond, Peter?
It was one big clump of frogspawn, everywhere you go there are little frogs at the moment. Hundreds of them.

Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

You guys are getting OUR weather! Normally at this time of year, it's 90 degrees in the shade and we're all panting, but WE'VE been having rain and highs in the low 60s.

I have a couple of pairs of shorts and a sundress on my packing list...as well as a sweatshirt and rain gear in case the weather turns.

Only a little over two weeks to go!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

missy wrote:anyone care to place bets that we will go BACK to the high 90's and high humidity????
I KNOW it's going back to hot and humid. :lol: This weather we're having now is heavenly----I haven't turned on the fan for several days. It's starting to warm up though.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Well we're back from the big bike ride and it was the hottest
day of the year without a doubt. I got a load of really nice pics and then ,when sitting in a nice country pub and sneaking a glance at some nice country girls, I accidentedly deleted the lot... :oops: .
Thunder can be heard now and it is getting very dark so I might have to wait till next year to replace the photos summer being a very brief thing in these parts.

Doh...

D.

W.B.Yeats
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

dubhlinn wrote:I got a load of really nice pics and then ,when sitting in a nice country pub and sneaking a glance at some nice country girls, I accidentedly deleted the lot... :oops:
:lol: Hope they were worth it! :wink:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

jsluder wrote:
dubhlinn wrote:I got a load of really nice pics and then ,when sitting in a nice country pub and sneaking a glance at some nice country girls, I accidentedly deleted the lot... :oops:
:lol: Hope they were worth it! :wink:
Ye know how it is...trying to sneak a peek without She who takes no s**t noticing...Brazen hussies were almost naked :D :D

I'll have to ask your man Laban for a few tips... :wink:

Slan,
D.

W.B.Yeats
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:o :o

Monsoon like rain tanking down as I write...and me all sunburned...crazy :-?

Slan,
D.

W.B.Yeats