True story.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
dubhlinn
antispam: No

Post by dubhlinn »

Wombat wrote:
dubhlinn wrote:
Cranberry wrote: Dubhlinn, I'm sure your attire was stunning!

I don't do "attire"... :-? :-? Bitch :lol:

Slan,
D.
You mean you weren't wearing your white on white all white retro 70s flared pimp suit with the white fedora and the heliotrope ribbon? I must say, I'm shocked, D.

:o
..always a Panama...get real Dude!

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Oh dear, it looks like he forgot his veggies.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

djm wrote:Curiously, the men working at the store were all embarassed for her, while the women working in the store all thought this was screamingly hilarious.

djm
This is EveryWoman's MegaFear. Spiders, snakes, earth opening up and swallowing you . . . it all pales beside the fear of . . . that.

Your life marked by a trail of ruined garments, daily you find yourself stopping dead in your tracks and mentally saying "Oh noooo!"

They weren't laughing because they thought it was funny, but out of relief that fate hadn't selected them.

Unless they didn't like her, of course . . .
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

hehehehehehe...

Slan,
D.

W.B.Yeats
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

I see it as a missed opportunity, dub, you could have been handy with a hanky and helped wipe the offending red liquid off of her... if you know what I mean. Image

"A man is only as old as the woman he feels." - Groucho Marx
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Isn't that the great L E McCullough?
Cynth wrote:Oh dear, it looks like he forgot his veggies.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

s1m0n wrote:Isn't that the great L E McCullough?
Samuel Clemens, otherwise known as, Mark Twain. He was a very good friend of my great granduncle, Richard Watson Gilder.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

jGilder wrote:I see it as a missed opportunity, dub, you could have been handy with a hanky and helped wipe the offending red liquid off of her... if you know what I mean. Image

Ha...

A commodity appears at first sight an extremely obvious, trivial thing. But its analysis brings out that it is a very strange thing, abounding in metaphysical subtleties and theological niceties.
Karl Marx

Well, I thought it was funny... :wink:

Slan,
D.

W.B.Yeats
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

jGilder wrote:
s1m0n wrote:Isn't that the great L E McCullough?
Samuel Clemens, otherwise known as, Mark Twain. He was a very good friend of my great granduncle, Richard Watson Gilder.
I have a photo of Larry McCullough the tin whistle tutor guy in a white suit & facial hair, taken some time in the seventies. Looks like a younger Mark Twain.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

dubhlinn wrote:
jGilder wrote:I see it as a missed opportunity, dub, you could have been handy with a hanky and helped wipe the offending red liquid off of her... if you know what I mean. Image

Ha...

A commodity appears at first sight an extremely obvious, trivial thing. But its analysis brings out that it is a very strange thing, abounding in metaphysical subtleties and theological niceties.
Karl Marx

Well, I thought it was funny... :wink:

Slan,
D.
Is that a theological nicetie in your pocket, or are you happy to see me? Image
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Cynth wrote:Oh dear, it looks like he forgot his veggies.
Ah... the home town boy... Samuel L....
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
herbivore12

Post by herbivore12 »

It's too bad the Lady In White didn't have much of a sense of humour (tho' I suppose, if she was on her way to a party -- or her (casual) wedding! -- it's understandable, sorta).

Kids can be real rapscallions, certainly.

I was once eating lunch at a tiny little Greek delicatessen a few blocks from where I lived at the time. There were only two tables (I think) in the place, and most of the business was take-out. I was sitting at one table on this occasion, and a woman came in, half-dragging her little girl -- maybe six or seven years old -- behind her. She yanked out one of the chairs at my table and plopped her kid into it, without even a word to me.

"Okay", I thought, noting that the other table had a small group at it, and that Mom seemed pretty rushed. I smiled at the little girl sitting across from me. She just sort of stared back.

When Mom got to the front of the line, she suddenly yells out to her kid, "Keisha [or something like that]! What d'you want to eat?"

The heretofore silent child reached across the table, grabbed a dolma from my plate and waved it towards her mother. "I want one of these!" she yelled, and then put the dolma back on my plate, where it sort of rocked back and forth for a moment, while I goggled, aghast.

"Keisha!", says mom again. Here, I'm thinking little Keisha is about to get a lecture about touching other people's food -- waving it around in the air, even! -- or maybe even screamed at, causing a horrible scene (I was still sort of stunned into immobility, staring at my tainted dolma). "Keisha! That is *not* going to be enough food; what else do you want?" continues Mom.

Well . . .

I was stunned, anyway.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

:lol: :lol: I'm gonna guard my plate better from now on! This is probably some sort of trend starting.
izzarina

Re: True story.

Post by izzarina »

dubhlinn wrote: Taking away her stuff she let a large tomato roll out of her bag and onto the floor so she squats down to pick it up and at that moment, just as she reached for it, a young boy of about four or five years of age appears out of nowhere shouts "YAHHHH!" and jumps on the tomato with both feet and Splattt..all over the blonde.
That's quite the excellent story! I would have been laughing my tail off :lol:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
jsluder

Re: True story.

Post by jsluder »

izzarina wrote:That's quite the excellent story! I would have been laughing my tail off :lol:
Your tail? You ain't one o' them Furry types, are ya? :twisted:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."