"It's a Small World" sheet music?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Kim in Tulsa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Kim in Tulsa »

Does anyone know where I can find the sheet music for "It's a Small World" online that I can play with my Feadóg D whistle?

Every time the ice cream truck drives by, it's playing that tune and my kids go crazy! But the thing is, we're on a single income and a tight budget and for the price of the two ice creams my jedis would buy, I can buy 12 eskimo pies from Aldi's!

So I figured I'd get the music, learn it and serenade them while they eat the reasonably priced ice cream from Aldi's!

Life should be full of these simple pleasures...tight budget or no. And I admire the ice cream truck driver for his entrepreneurial spirit. I just can't find it in me to fork out that much money, even if the ice cream does look like a space alien.

Kim

PS: Happy Memorial Day weekend to those of you in the States!
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

If that song stay stuck in my head for the rest of the day, I hold you personally responsible for the loss of my sanity.
ErikT
antispam: No

Post by ErikT »

I don't know of a place with the music in D, but here is the start of the tune:

D D F D E E E ...

- this might be a good song to try by ear since it is generally so well known.

:smile: Erik
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

I would guess Disney still holds the rights to the song, but I found these URL's from a Yahoo search. They are mostly wave and midi music files:
http://www.kididdles.com/shop2/itm01253.htm
http://www.geocities.com/buslady43/mliasw.html
http://www.dismusic.com/
http://disneysounds.virtualave.net/mk.html
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

I'm afraid Tony is right on about the copyright and the Mouse still has it gripped tightly in his avaricious little fingers, so you won't find it for free. But if you start the verse on the lower octive fourth finger, you'll be in D and will end up with the chorus starting on D and no half-holing. Oh, hell, hang on a minute while I go get the words . . .

It's a world of laughter, a world of tears
F# G A F#' D' E' D' D' C# C#
It's a world of hopes and a world of fears
E F# G E' C# D' C# B A A
There's so much that we share
F# G A D' E' F#'
that it's time we're aware
D' C# B E' F#' G'
It's a small world after all.
F#' E' A G' F#' E D'

D' D' F#' D' E' E' E'
E' E' G' G' F#'F#' F#'
F#' F#' A' F#' G'G' G'
It's a small, small world.
F#' E' A C# D'

At least that's how I remember it from my kids' Cub Scout song ("We are Cub Scouts, after all . . .).

Sorry if the notation sucks, but I don't know how to do it correctly. But if you can make sense out of it, then we both have the satisfaction of having kept another $3.95 out of the grasping coffers of corporate america. Spend it wisely -- it ought to cover at least one box of ice cream bars.

Drat, now that song's in my head, too.

And after viewing how this posted, double drat. The notes were all neatly lined up with the words in the edit window, but not when it posted. Again, my apologies for not knowing correct annotation. I wouldn't have bothered with this, but the prospect of screwing the Mouse out of a couple of bucks was too much to pass up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gonzo914 on 2002-05-25 19:41 ]</font>
Kim in Tulsa

Post by Kim in Tulsa »

the prospect of screwing the Mouse out of a couple of bucks was too much to pass up.
Ha! And no one appreciates it better than I! Thank you so much for the effort you put into this!

Kim
"Whistling women and crowing hens never come to no good end"
fatveg

Post by fatveg »

Aaaaaaargh!
How could you do this? I thought we were your friends?

OK, I'll get my own back:

Umpah Lumpah, Doobitydoo ...
<i>"Music is more like water than a rinoceros. It doesn't chase madly down one path. It runs away in every direction" - E. Costello</i>
Rod Sprague

Post by Rod Sprague »

It's a Small Word is the most evil tune known for its ability to get stuck in the mind. The German phrase for such a stuck tune translates as a brain worm! My brother Fred has an absolutely brilliant way to get tunes out of the mind; sing it out loud and in till it goes away; fighting it only makes things worse.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Whoever composed that little ditty was a clever composer. As a songwriter, one should write musical "hooks" into songs. It makes them memorable!

Gary