Good news after hiatus

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
moxy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Good news after hiatus

Post by moxy »

Yep, been away a long time. But came back to share some good news - I'm due to receive my Sindt whistles shortly :)

Oh happy day!
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

Good on yer Moxy!
Which keys are you waiting for?
I'm very keen on my Sindts,and am currently patiently awaiting a 'C' whistle and some supplementary tubes to complete my set.
"I blame it on those Lead Fipples y'know."
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

She Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiives!!!!!!!

LOL! Good to "see" you again!

Enjoy those new whistles!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Congrats.
MurphyStout

Re: Good news after hiatus

Post by MurphyStout »

moxy wrote:Yep, been away a long time. But came back to share some good news - I'm due to receive my Sindt whistles shortly :)

Oh happy day!
Moxy, I thought you were getting a REAL instrument? (like a flute)
No I'm not returning...
moxy

Post by moxy »

Wow, hi everyone :)

I'm getting four whistles: Bflat, C, D and Eflat. Kinda wish I'd asked for a Bnat too, and everything else under the sun.. but whoa y'a une limite!!

Hey Jack, I DO have a flute, I just haven't taken it seriously yet. I keep thinking "when things settle down, I'll pick up the flute and learn how to play". But things just never settle down, ya know? Plus, I'm kinda lazy, and the flute's not all that easy to learn. It's frustrating cause I know some great tunes, and I can't play them on the flute worth a damn...

I've been contemplating the bodhr... wait, wrong forum...
Jack

Post by Jack »

Many of our Francophone whistlers all stopped posting recently (Az, pthouron, moxy, Zubvika). I find it strange, and I wish they would all come back.
moxy

Post by moxy »

Thank you for the sentiment Cranberry :) Very sweet.

Not only have we stopped posting, some of us have actually dropped off the face of the earth... I hardly ever see Az anymore and he doesn't reply to emails or phone calls... I think he has gotten himself lost in some fantasy world where he gets to take concertina lessons from the most gorgeous Irish girls (all of whom have no hangups around family-hood), while playing some sort of Dungeons and Dragons game to his heart's content, and not having to work a single minute of the day... Not to mention a possibly insatiable girlfriend and a quest for the perfect cup of tea...

(OK, some of that didn't make any sense...)

My new Sindt whistles are now in my possession :) They're like butta... I'm very happy...
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

moxy wrote:Thank you for the sentiment Cranberry :) Very sweet.

Not only have we stopped posting, some of us have actually dropped off the face of the earth... I hardly ever see Az anymore and he doesn't reply to emails or phone calls... I think he has gotten himself lost in some fantasy world where he gets to take concertina lessons from the most gorgeous Irish girls (all of whom have no hangups around family-hood), while playing some sort of Dungeons and Dragons game to his heart's content, and not having to work a single minute of the day... Not to mention a possibly insatiable girlfriend and a quest for the perfect cup of tea...

(OK, some of that didn't make any sense...)

My new Sindt whistles are now in my possession :) They're like butta... I'm very happy...
Hey! I want his life!... well... except without the girlfriend, unless she's insatiable about doing housework and doesn't require ...ummm... me to relinquish my hubby or take care of... well... nevermind...
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Moxy! You know, I was just thinking about you the other day. I can't remember why....but I did wonder where you'd been. It's good to see you back, and how cool about your Sindts! :party:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
thurlowe

Post by thurlowe »

Glad you're back, Moxy-doll! Hope the spring has brought fresh and lovely things. Enjoy those Sindts, I look forward to hearing them. :)

Cara
moxy

Post by moxy »

Hi Cara and izzy and anniemcu :)

Annie, those whistle bags are just lovely. You wouldn't happen to make them smaller though, for say three or four whistles instead of a dozen?...

Cara, I'm looking forward to seeing you at IAW again this summer. Are you still planning on going? I'll be staying at Furlong's. Fresh and lovely things this spring, to be sure. My sister had her baby four weeks ago today and should be able to bring her home in the next day or two (there were complications). And I've moved. And I've been to a few excellent sessions out of town, in the Catskills, and in Vermont! I couldn't ask for more. Well... I could ask for more sessions!!

Iz, I find it quite interesting that people I've never met before have given me thought. Interesting, and kinda nice too :)

My Sindts are carrying on just fine. I found a hornpipe I like on a Mary Bergin CD last night, and lo and behold, she plays it on a Bflat whistle, and so did I :) Gotta work on controlling the fingers though...
thurlowe

Post by thurlowe »

Kelly, I'll definitely be there. We'll catch up then. Can't wait to here about your life of late.

Cara