FS: Overton Low D - has a new home now.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

FS: Overton Low D - has a new home now.

Post by IDAwHOa »

YES! It is true. I am selling an Overton!!! :o

The reason is this: I have aquired a tunable version and have opted to keep it instead of the non-tunable species.

This was my very FIRST whistle EVER and it was a tough desicion to make in parting with it. In the long run the desire to play along with other whistles and instruments with the Overton Low D drove me to the tunable one.

I debated putting it up on ebay, but decided to try to sell it in the same place I bought it. This is a Colin Goldie made whistle from Jan 2000. It has a very excellent finger spread.

Asking price is $150 (which is the same price I recently sold a Low F for :o AND IS LESS THAN 50% OF THE COST NEW :o and that INCLUDES shipping costs to US.) I must be nuts, but I want to make it available at a fair price so someone else may get a low whistle. I can provide pictures and measurements on request. Please email me.

I am also open to trades for other Overton whisltes or wooden Eb. I currently have High D, Bb, Low F, D, C and Bass A. An Eb would be super!!!!! :D

I might also be open to other trades. Doesn't hurt to ask, does it Steven? :D
Last edited by IDAwHOa on Sat May 14, 2005 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Take a look please. :)

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Just have to put in a good word for IDAwHOa that he is a realiable seller and has some good deals. If I had the cash...
littlejohngael
Tell us something.: I've been with Chiff and Fipple since shortly after I bought my first low D. I've learned loads from this community, and I intend to continue to learn and contribute. Many thanks to Dale and everyone who makes this site happen.

Post by littlejohngael »

Unseen122 wrote:Just have to put in a good word for IDAwHOa that he is a realiable seller and has some good deals. If I had the cash...
I wonder if he'd take my sister in trade. ... hmmmmmmm ... Naaaaaw! I wouldn't do that to a fellow whistler! :lol:

LJ
Darwin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Darwin »

Unseen122 wrote:Just have to put in a good word for IDAwHOa that he is a realiable seller and has some good deals. If I had the cash...
I agree.

(Even if he did underhandedly sell me that low F for the same price as this low D. :wink:
  I'd appreciate it if someone else would grab it up, just to make sure I don't succumb to WhOA again so soon.)
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
WhistlinBob

low d overton

Post by WhistlinBob »

absolutely a steal for an overton i'm suprised its not gone already. I would buy it if I knew the wife wouldn't emasculate me in my sleep :lol: :lol:
my low D whoa problems will have to be solved by my own hand if you know what I mean. :lol: :lol: I just finished my latest in cpvc man what a sweet sound for only a couple of bucks for the pipe and fittings.
a one anda two anda three. I would like you to meet my whistle instructer Charles.

[A bad day of Whistlin is better than
any day at work!!!]
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

I submitted a purchase request to the treasurer and was turned down.

Ron
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

Traded for another Overton! :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks to all who contacted me regarding this matter.
Last edited by IDAwHOa on Sun May 15, 2005 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Congrats.