Poll: jGilder v IRtradRU?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

jgilder v. IRtradRU?

keep it in the Political sticky
28%
Open up a thread of their own and stay there
24%
Kiss and make up
24%
Go to the Pipers Forum
24%

Total votes: 29

Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

jGilder---I thought we were just goofing around. I meant no offense to either you or IRTradRU? with that sock puppet picture.
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

Cynth wrote:jGilder---I thought we were just goofing around. I meant no offense to either you or IRTradRU? with that sock puppet picture.
No offense really, I was having fun with it too, Cynth, it was just Bill Chin jumping in as though he was on some sort of moral high ground that set me off. Anyway, I'm through. :)
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

jGilder wrote:I'm through.
Oh, for Pete's sake.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

jGilder wrote:
BillChin wrote:
Make that two votes for a probationary ban :)
Why don't you just send your SS boys around to take care of me.
AGAIN, I ask you not to go the Nazi insult route. It's cheap.
IRTradRU?

Post by IRTradRU? »

Ditto.
IRTradRU?
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Can we add Bill Chin and make it a trifecta?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Caj

Post by Caj »

IRTradRU? wrote:None taken.

But tell me, who's holding the gun to your head making you read all those fancy cut & pasted articles and the ensuing claptrap responses that they usually get?
I do have to scan over them to find the rest of the thread. Sometimes this means loading a whole page of you two guys, just to find a single article by someone else. No, I don't really have a choice, other than not reading C&F.

Look, guys, the problem is not any actual stuff you say. jG, you're not being singled out for your political views, okay? It's just the volume of traffic between you two, that makes it hard to read the rest of the thread. And this spills from one thread to the next. Usually I can just move to a different thread, but this particular brawl does bounce all over the place.

Please post whatever you feel like, but keep in mind that when this one argument takes up 90% of a single page, it's harder for the remaining 10% to flourish.

Caj
OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

My choice wasn't offered, but then the person posting the poll couldn't enforce my choice anyway... :)
jGilder wrote:My posts in this forum have been mostly responses to some of the ridiculous and un-informed statements made by certain people who speak from a pro-Bush, pro-war perspective.
Too bad most of your posts have also been strident, annoying, and 100% from left-leaning "informed" sources. :roll: There are plenty of liberals on this board who express themselves much more eloquently than you and who are willing to discuss various topics rather than merely throw verbal stones. Your rabid stridency, personal attacks, and oft unfounded claims do your cause more harm than good.
jGilder wrote:If offering an opposing opinion isn't acceptable then maybe I don’t understand the first amendment very well.
It's fairly obvious you don't understand the first amendment at all if you think the first amendment has anything whatsoever to do with a privately run bulletin board. In my opinion, your citing the first amendment when you so clearly don't understand it speaks volumes about the accuracy of anything else you post as well.
jGilder wrote:Also, I'm not the only person who posts political articles to be discussed in here so I don’t understand why the criticism of such a practice is directed at me specifically.
Because you're consistently a pain in the arse with, as near as I can tell, little interest in anything besides soapbox screaming and stone throwing. When even many of those who agree with your basic stance are tired of your cr@p it might be time to give it a rest.
jGilder wrote:If this is a forum devoted to conservative views only -- please inform me and I'll be on my way.
If I believed that for a moment I'd lie and tell you that was the case and don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

But, truthfully I'd estimate that probably 75% of the forum members are liberals, with many of those being active Bush haters. The difference between most of them and you is that they have other interests besides hating Bush, while you seem consumed with nothing else.

Heck, the forum is run by a very liberal dude - and even he is telling you to put a sock in it!
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

OutOfBreath wrote:But, truthfully I'd estimate that probably 75% of the forum members are liberals, with many of those being active Bush haters. The difference between most of them and you is that they have other interests besides hating Bush, while you seem consumed with nothing else.
Here, you forgot to take these with you...

OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

jGilder wrote:
Here, you forgot to take these with you...

Oooh, a flag and a tank, what a salient argument. Especially when applied to someone you don't know from Adam and who rarely posts in political threads. I guess anyone who doesn't cheer you on is a war monger or something, eh? :roll:

Or is it that the truth just left you almost speechless? :lol:
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

OutOfBreath wrote:Oooh, a flag and a tank, what a salient argument. Especially when applied to someone you don't know from Adam and who rarely posts in political threads.
Thank God.
Last edited by jGilder on Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

OutOfBreath wrote:My choice wasn't offered, but then the person posting the poll couldn't enforce my choice anyway... :)
jGilder wrote:My posts in this forum have been mostly responses to some of the ridiculous and un-informed statements made by certain people who speak from a pro-Bush, pro-war perspective.
Too bad most of your posts have also been strident, annoying, and 100% from left-leaning "informed" sources. :roll: There are plenty of liberals on this board who express themselves much more eloquently than you and who are willing to discuss various topics rather than merely throw verbal stones. Your rabid stridency, personal attacks, and oft unfounded claims do your cause more harm than good.
jGilder wrote:If offering an opposing opinion isn't acceptable then maybe I don’t understand the first amendment very well.
It's fairly obvious you don't understand the first amendment at all if you think the first amendment has anything whatsoever to do with a privately run bulletin board. In my opinion, your citing the first amendment when you so clearly don't understand it speaks volumes about the accuracy of anything else you post as well.
jGilder wrote:Also, I'm not the only person who posts political articles to be discussed in here so I don’t understand why the criticism of such a practice is directed at me specifically.
Because you're consistently a pain in the arse with, as near as I can tell, little interest in anything besides soapbox screaming and stone throwing. When even many of those who agree with your basic stance are tired of your cr@p it might be time to give it a rest.
jGilder wrote:If this is a forum devoted to conservative views only -- please inform me and I'll be on my way.
If I believed that for a moment I'd lie and tell you that was the case and don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

But, truthfully I'd estimate that probably 75% of the forum members are liberals, with many of those being active Bush haters. The difference between most of them and you is that they have other interests besides hating Bush, while you seem consumed with nothing else.

Heck, the forum is run by a very liberal dude - and even he is telling you to put a sock in it!
Nah, I'm a moderately liberal dude.
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

OutOfBreath wrote:Too bad most of your posts have also been strident, annoying, and 100% from left-leaning "informed" sources.
I'd be interested to see you refute my sources. If you really think you can, provide the specific examples and back it up with documentation.
OutOfBreath wrote:Your rabid stridency, personal attacks, and oft unfounded claims do your cause more harm than good.
This is the kettle calling the kettle black.
OutOfBreath wrote:Because you're consistently a pain in the arse with, as near as I can tell, little interest in anything besides soapbox screaming and stone throwing.
Can you really not see the hypocrisy here?
OutOfBreath wrote:When even many of those who agree with your basic stance are tired of your cr@p it might be time to give it a rest.
Sorry, that's not the message I'm getting.
OutOfBreath wrote: by a very liberal dude - and even he is telling you to put a sock in it!
He was being very specific about something unrelated to what you're talking about. I think you might be having the problem understanding what's being said.
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Oooh, a flag and a tank, what a salient argument. Especially when applied to someone you don't know from Adam and who rarely posts in political threads. I guess anyone who doesn't cheer you on is a war monger or something, eh?
There isn't a ghost of a shadow of a hint of anything like an argument in any of your mass of unsupported opinion, either.

jgilder's sources may be left wing, but at least he can and does provide fact-based argument. In contrast, all you've had to offer is a spew of hot bile.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis