Papal Election Brings End to Worldwide Sin Binge

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
IRTradRU?
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Papal Election Brings End to Worldwide Sin Binge

Post by IRTradRU? »

Papal Election Brings End to Worldwide Unsupervised-Catholic Sin Binge

VATICAN CITY—In the interim between Pope John Paul II's death and the election of his replacement, unsupervised Catholics seized the opportunity to sin without fear of reprisal, sources confirmed Tuesday.

"For two weeks, it was like Mardi Gras all over again," said Bryan Cousivert, a Catholic from Arizona. "People were drinking, cursing, and engaging in premarital or even extramarital sex. More importantly, everyone was being totally open about it. No one was worried about doing any penance at all!"

Continued Cousivert: "When the cat's away, the mice will play."

http://theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4116&n=1

:lol: Warning: Those that don't "get" satire should move on to the next topic. :wink:
IRTradRU?
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Papal Election Brings End to Worldwide Sin Binge

Post by amar »

IRTradRU? wrote:Papal Election Brings End to Worldwide Unsupervised-Catholic Sin Binge

VATICAN CITY—In the interim between Pope John Paul II's death and the election of his replacement, unsupervised Catholics seized the opportunity to sin without fear of reprisal, sources confirmed Tuesday.

"For two weeks, it was like Mardi Gras all over again," said Bryan Cousivert, a Catholic from Arizona. "People were drinking, cursing, and engaging in premarital or even extramarital sex. More importantly, everyone was being totally open about it. No one was worried about doing any penance at all!"

Continued Cousivert: "When the cat's away, the mice will play."

http://theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4116&n=1

:lol: Warning: Those that don't "get" satire should move on to the next topic. :wink:
this is like sodom and gomorra!
shocked. i am shocked.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Sin is over-rated.
Reasonable person
Walden
missy

Post by missy »

dang - it! WHY do I always hear about this stuff after the fact???? :D

Missy
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Jeff Stallard

Post by Jeff Stallard »

If they wanted to sin so much, why did they choose to be religious?! Why not just choose a belief system that allowed for those activities?
"Reality is the computer hardware, and religions are the operating systems: abstractions that allow us to interact with, and draw meaning from, a reality that would otherwise be incomprehensible."
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Jeff Stallard wrote:If they wanted to sin so much, why did they choose to be religious?! Why not just choose a belief system that allowed for those activities?
Then it doesn't feel as much like sin.

"What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead." --Romans 7:7-8.
Reasonable person
Walden
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Walden wrote:"What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead." --Romans 7:7-8.
That's right: sine lege nullum crimen.
/Bloomfield
BoneQuint

Post by BoneQuint »

Jeff Stallard wrote:If they wanted to sin so much, why did they choose to be religious?! Why not just choose a belief system that allowed for those activities?
Are you allowed to choose everything you believe?
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

"But when Vatican officials said that final 'Amen,' you could feel something change in the air. Someone screamed 'festa!' and pretty soon Catholic women were going wild, running topless in the streets.
I'm appalled. Simply appalled. Only in Italy would something like that happen.

I'd like to stay and discuss this further, but I need to go borrow a step-ladder . . . <smiles demurely> my lace veil has somehow gotten stuck in the ceiling fan . . .
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Well, the election of the new pontiff ain't ending MY sin binge any time soon.
IRTradRU?

Post by IRTradRU? »

Gosh, I love The Onion.

:)
IRTradRU?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Yes, the article of the late Pope's disappointment that Heaven is less opulent than the Vatican was hilarious.
IRTradRU?

Post by IRTradRU? »

Nanohedron wrote:Yes, the article of the late Pope's disappointment that Heaven is less opulent than the Vatican was hilarious.
:lol:

Remember the old joke about the Pope, the lawyer and the plumber who all arrived at the Gates of Heaven ?

The plumber was dumbfounded when he saw the quarters given to the Pope, which were very spartan, quite plain... whereas the lawyer was given a huge penthouse level suite with views, swimming pool, hot tub, butler, the works....

And St. Peter says to the plumber, "Listen, you've got to understand something... we've got lots of Popes up here... but that lawyer, why, he's the first one we ever had! :)
IRTradRU?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I there I was thinking we had a thread about Cardinal Sin going on a bender. I gotta say, I'm disappointed.
Wormdiet

Post by Wormdiet »

Wasn;t there one along the lines of "Catholic church forgives children for tempting priests, causing sex scandal?"
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.