What is wrong with Dale. By Dale.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Dale-- could it be STRESS? Hmmmm?

Sheesh-- my fingers make all sorts of typing mistakes. Sometimes I even spell my name "Pual". Several years ago, for some reason I sent an e-mail to my sister and typed "Bapu" for my name-- she sometimes calls me that to this day.

Don't fret it-- it's analagous to playing wrong notes in a tune. Ever done that? :o
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

brewerpaul wrote:
jim stone wrote:I had a friend who was a Rolfer.
My feet are flat and he looked at them
with interest: 'I can give you arches.
Come back tomorrow at 1.'

I left town immediately.
I'm a podiatrist-- I can give you arches too....
paul, i'll have a custom made lowD instead, thanks. ;)
amar

Post by amar »

sometimes, when i type, i especially notice this when i text-message, i omit entire words, i do think them, but the thought just doesn't get directed to my fingers. :)
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

GaryKelly wrote:Hmmm. Far be it from me to subscribe to conspiracy theories, but does no-one find it strange that Dale 'disappears' just before the Papal conclave, then reappears once the new Pope has been elected? Hmmm?
Would the Crystal People have any interest in the Cath////////////////*\\\\\\\\\==%//////////////////

Oh, now you've done it.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

amar wrote:sometimes, when i type, i especially notice this when i text-message, i omit entire words,...
Oh. I thought you were going to say that you forget to use the "shift" key.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
amar

Post by amar »

jsluder wrote:
amar wrote:sometimes, when i type, i especially notice this when i text-message, i omit entire words,...
Oh. I thought you were going to say that you forget to use the "shift" key.
no, that is intentional, cuz i am lazy. :)
OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

Join the club, Dale. I find myself not only doing that but sometimes throwing in words that have absolutely nothing to do with the sentence. It's really puzzling because there is absolutely no pattern to it. The oddball words don't rhyme with the word I intended, have anything to do with what I am writing or consciously thinking about, or any other relationship that I can determine. Furthermore, the words do make a proper English sentence even though it's not the least bit related to what I meant to write. I.e. I replace nouns with nouns, verbs with verbs, etc.

For example, if I intended to write, "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" when I read it afterwards I may have written, "The quick brown house jumped over the lazy dog." It's always just one word and it doesn't happen too often, but happens often enough that I have to proofread everything I write, now.

Wierd, eh?
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
avanutria
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Reminds me of the old joke about "can you can jump higher than a house?"... :P
amar

Post by amar »

OutOfBreath wrote:Join the club, Dale. I find myself not only doing that but sometimes throwing in words that have absolutely nothing to do with the sentence. It's really puzzling because there is absolutely no pattern to it. The oddball words don't rhyme with the word I intended, have anything to do with what I am writing or consciously thinking about, or any other relationship that I can determine. Furthermore, the words do make a proper English sentence even though it's not the least bit related to what I meant to write. I.e. I replace nouns with nouns, verbs with verbs, etc.

For example, if I intended to write, "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" when I read it afterwards I may have written, "The quick brown house jumped over the lazy dog." It's always just one word and it doesn't happen too often, but happens often enough that I have to proofread everything I write, now.

Wierd, eh?
Paul

Re: What is wrong with Dale. By Dale.

Post by Paul »

DaleWisely wrote:At this point, I'd like to announce what's wrong with me. Increasingly, when I write, I make errors that aren't detectable by spellcheck. "To" for "Too" and vice versa. Inexplicably substituting pronouns. "And" for "an". And so of and so one.

Dale
You konw, Dlae, It dneso't mtetar nirsaleecy how you slepl wrdos so lnog as you get the fsrit and lsat lteerts of it ccreort. it has been pvreon in sudteis taht tehy are qtuie esay to raed no mtetar waht you do wtih the rset of the ltetres. Tehy jsut all hvae to be trhee so the mnid can put it all tghteeor. I wlduon't rlaley wrory aubot how yur'oe sllpenig tnhgis teshe dyas if I wree you. In fcat, you mhgit eevn cniodesr wtirnig a book lkie tihs. :D

Bset,
P
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Paul wrote:It dneso't mtetar nirsaleecy
nirsaleecy? My brain can't interpret that at all. Did you spell it wrongly correctly?
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

:boggle: :boggle: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one Paul!

Your above post is like some Ask A Librarian questions I get through our website at the library.

No we aren't going crazy or insanely mad, or that it is something new. There have been articles published that look at the new Angstlish people are using in e-mails and text messaging, especialy by teens and young people, it seems that they live in a instanteous light speed world and must or are trying to adapt accordingly, if it means changing the structure of spelling and grammar, so be it. I had no trouble in reading Paul's post above, either it be a picture of the word as typed or the sound of it.

There was a book published once of Beethoven's letters,he received and sent, it was noted by the author that spelling went out the window, having found his (Beethoven's name spelt 15 different ways!). Even from learned people of the time that wrote him, spelling, penos (re; typos) and grammar varied across the letters.

I'm guilty of all the above also, language usage like our music is dynamic not static and conventions wax and wane, adapted or discarded. But we still seem to understand the other person.

MakrB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Paul

Post by Paul »

GaryKelly wrote:
Paul wrote:It dneso't mtetar nirsaleecy
nirsaleecy? My brain can't interpret that at all. Did you spell it wrongly correctly?
Lol!! I did misspell it incorrectly wrong. Isn't it strange how you could catch it? :lol:
MrkaB wrote: guilty of all the above also, language usage like our music is dynamic not static and conventions wax and wane, adapted or discarded. But we still seem to understand the other person.

MakrB
Great point, Mrak!
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

DaleWisely wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:I think Dale must be a pretty cool guy. I have a cousin who's got his PhD. in psychology and a masters in theology, and he's one of the coolest guys I know.
My coolness has never been in dispute here, has it?
Right. Even when I thought you were hot, I realized it was barely warm, and to me that's still cool. :D
markbell

Post by markbell »

amar wrote:no, that is intentional, cuz i am lazy. :)
or undercapitalized.
sibilo ergo sum