Spring may not be on the way just yet

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
TomB
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Spring may not be on the way just yet

Post by TomB »

OK, I did not see this myself, so I don't know if it's true, or not- in court, a judge would sustain a hearsay objection on this, but-

a co-worker just said that she heard on the radio that the East coast may be in for a "giant" winter storm come Monday- sorry Dwinterfield.

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Cripes man, I hope not: I had to shovel again today ( my employer owns 3 buildings in a row plus a parking lot), and I'm about over it :roll:

Loren
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

Yep. Looks like we're in for a messy mix of rain and snow from Monday to Tuesday. Sorry, Loren. I'm not looking forward to standing out in it while waiting for the train on those days. What can ya do?

Cheers,
David
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

I try not to get too worked up over weather forecasts several days out. The news media ALWAYS hype these since they keep people tuned in to see what dire weather is coming. Weather is so variable, that it often as not changes by the time the day actually arrives.
In my Podiatry office, this is especially irksome. My elderly patients call and say"I want to cancel my appointment for next Tues because we're going to have a blizzard". Sure enough, Tuesday rolls around and I sit in my empty office looking out the window at a sunny day... arrrrrgh!! I'd be better off home making whistles!!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Well I might not have school is all I can say. :D
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

I know it's not right to gloat, but I think, being south of Boston, I'm going to be on the rain side of the rain/snow line. Of course if a butterfly flaps its wings in Brazil or a flute player over blows in Australia, we'll get another 2 feet of snow.
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Feadan wrote:Yep. Looks like we're in for a messy mix of rain and snow from Monday to Tuesday. Sorry, Loren. I'm not looking forward to standing out in it while waiting for the train on those days. What can ya do?

Mmm, move to Hawaii perhaps?

Loren
Rin

Post by Rin »

I must say I'd appreciate a big snowfall... better late than never, after all. :roll:
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

Loren wrote:
Feadan wrote:What can ya do?

Mmm, move to Hawaii perhaps?

Loren
Yeah...I suppose the worst thing you may have to worry about there is the occasional volcanic eruptions.

Cheers,
David
TomB

Post by TomB »

brewerpaul wrote:I try not to get too worked up over weather forecasts several days out. The news media ALWAYS hype these since they keep people tuned in to see what dire weather is coming. Weather is so variable, that it often as not changes by the time the day actually arrives.
In my Podiatry office, this is especially irksome. My elderly patients call and say"I want to cancel my appointment for next Tues because we're going to have a blizzard". Sure enough, Tuesday rolls around and I sit in my empty office looking out the window at a sunny day... arrrrrgh!! I'd be better off home making whistles!!
Oh, I agree, I don't get too worked up about it too early either. I really only posted because of an earlier thread telling winter to go away.

Looks pretty certain that we will get hit, here in CT.

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
missy

Post by missy »

WHOOP, WHOOP, WHOOP
It's THE WHITE DEATH!
BUY OUT ALL THE MILK AND BREAD!

Honestly, they've been talking about a "winter weather advisory" all weekend, it's raining and 40 right now, but it's supposed to turn to snow overnight, we "could" have 2 inches by morning, and an additional 2 inches during the day tomorrow.........
Or we could have nothing........
Or we could have 12 inches.........
I haven't seen a weather report yet, just heard on radio. If the weathermen still have their suit coats on, and no one is reporting from the rest area either north or south of the city, we're still in good shape.

Missy
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
fancypiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

The nice thing about snow is that it covers up all the messy stuff with a nice, white carpet.

Another nice thing is, when it warms up, it will melt away.

Staying home, baking bread and enjoying our nice, white carpet, I would guess about 6" worth.
Jennie

Post by Jennie »

I usually love snow. And we get plenty here. But the shoveling this month has been oppressive! My husband broke his hand and now I'm doubling up on all the chores. Another foot fell this morning... at least I already chopped enough wood and hauled enough water for a couple of days. I'll be very very glad when he gets his cast off!

Better him than me though. He doesn't play music. :lol:

Free rent on the sofa for anyone who wants to come help.
Jennie
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Y'all in New England and the midwest will laugh till it hurts about this one. The NWS just upgraded our winter storm warning to a "heavy snow warning" ...because they are now predicting -- get ready to guffaw -- a mighty 1 to 3 inches overnight, and another 1 to 3 inches tomorrow. That's not even very serious by modest Southern standards. Don't know what they're smoking down there in Greenville....

There, now you had a good laugh, don't you feel better?
:wink:
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

scottielvr wrote:The NWS just upgraded our winter storm warning to a "heavy snow warning" ...because they are now predicting -- get ready to guffaw -- a mighty 1 to 3 inches overnight, and another 1 to 3 inches tomorrow.
A couple of winters ago, we got about a foot of snow (which I agree, for Ohio that 's a big deal). But the county just south of us was CLOSED in a state of emergency for a whole week over it. No one was allowed to drive or else they'd get a ticket. I had a nice guffaw about that, having grown up in upstate NY :wink:
Right now, it's snowing like mad here. We are supposed to get up to 5 inches tonight with another 4 possible tomorrow. My kids are going to be very excited, that's for sure!
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.