How many cats live with you?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

How many cats live with you?

none
29%
1 or two
47%
between three and five
20%
more than five
2%
thirty-seven
2%

Total votes: 51

Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

A few months ago, Arleen came home with a puppy.

Little black ball of fluff, toy English poodle. One of her patients raises them and gave this one to her as a gift. He's completely taken over the household, in an endearing way.

Voice activated, self-propelled, olfactory scanning apparatus.

Unfortunately, he only scans and inputs the information to data storage. We've no way to retrieve it. I suppose the voice activated, self-propelled olfacatory scanning devices used in professional settings have some sort of canine/human interface that facilitates olfactory data transfer. Perhaps I should do a Google search for "Voice activated, self-propelled, olfactory scanning apparatus accessories."

Best wishes,
Jerry
suejnnhe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by suejnnhe »

One cat.

five kids, and a parrot (who calls, and imitates, the kitty).

Poor kitty is currently wearing two of those attractive "stop chewing/licking your _____ (insert anatomy here) collars. Why two you ask? Because kitty has learned to reach around collar one. Which was then replaced by the larger collar two. Problem solved. Not. After waking one morning to discover that she had managed to remove collar two during the night, subsequently spending unimpeded time self-mutilating, we realized that having her wear both solved our problem. It looks utterly ridiculous, and there are few things more pathetic than watching that poor kitty desperately trying lick, well, anything. But, if only we can hold out till the hair grows back, I think we'll be home free! :)

I wonder if those collars would work to keep my son from wiping his mouth on his sleeve?
HeySue!
_________
Don't Panic!
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

We have one dog who thinks she's a rabbit, and no cats.

A couple of years ago my mother had over 20 cats. Actually, she didn't own them -- she fed every cat in the neighborhood who realized that at certain times of the day there was food to be had at Mrs O'Ban's house. In looking down on the lawn from upstairs at feeding time, it seemed like a multicolored sea of fur flowing across the green grass. The scene always made me think of the television program "Rawhide." Made me want to have a cat roundup. Head 'em up . . . Move 'em out!!! Meow.

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Will O'B wrote:Made me want to have a cat roundup. Head 'em up . . . Move 'em out!!! Meow.
Like this? http://www.fallon.com/site_layout/work/ ... rkid=25782
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

If I lived with cats, I'd be dead. It's unfortunate how popular they are, it makes visiting other people's homes a challenge...anyone should think twice about getting one, considering how many people "like me" there are out there. Here's to the miracle of allergy shots, let's hope they work.

:roll:

Robin
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

dubhlinn wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:I'm sure cats get reincarnated into lawyers.
Wives :roll:

Slan,
D.
:o What was that, dub???
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Absolutely NONE.
Cats cannot survive my dogs.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

jsluder wrote:
Will O'B wrote:Made me want to have a cat roundup. Head 'em up . . . Move 'em out!!! Meow.
That's one of my favorite commercials of all time.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I had a beautiful calico cat named Aliya, which translates as princess in Arabic. However, she developed the idea they she was in charge of the house. She used to like to sit on my chest as I was trying to sleep at 4 o'clock in the morning, and meow for her breakfast. We had a conference, but we couldn't work out our differences. Finally, I advertised in the paper, and I found a good home for her. After she was gone I realized that I could breathe so much easier. It is apparent that I am allergic to cats, but I agree that they are beautiful animals, though.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

It's hard to say. We only claim one or two, but we feed five or so.
Reasonable person
Walden
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

Jerry Freeman wrote:
jsluder wrote:
That's one of my favorite commercials of all time.

Best wishes,
Jerry
BOY, THIS TICKS ME OFF BIG TIME. I've been doing my cat roundup routine since 1974. Although, this comercial's not the way the cat roundup appeared in my mind. And this isn't the first time that Madison Avenue pilfered my ideas, either. Ever hear of the "Give your rhinoceros a bath with Lava Soap" advertisement? Mine, again. Six months after I started telling people about it, it showed up in the magazines. Another idea that I had is a commercial for odor eaters (shoe inserts) done to the tune of "These Boots Are Made For Walking" -- except the words are "These Socks Are Made For Walking." All of these socks come out of this nerdy-looking guy's closet and walk all over him to the tune of the song. I haven't seen that one -- yet. Keep your eyes peeled though, cause I'm sure it's coming. AGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! :x :x :x

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

izzarina wrote: I don't have any cats....we have allergies here. But FlyDood loves kittens :P

:lol: :lol:

We have 3 cats. My daughters used to have 17 cats but now they are down to 10. They're trying to find homes for 6 more.
will o'b wrote:BOY, THIS TICKS ME OFF BIG TIME. I've been doing my cat roundup routine since 1974.
Sounds like someone's leaking info from within the organization. Better get counter measures right away.

That commercial is great. I'll have to direct my daughters to it. EDS gives me the shivers.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Cats suck.

They're cruel and evil, and there's a reason they've always been witches' familiars. They'll steal a baby's breath, for one thing. And they won't fetch sticks or balls for another.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
emmline

Post by emmline »

GaryKelly wrote: there's a reason they've always been witches' familiars.
Yes Gary. I have four.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

no cats, am allergic to them.