The Tune of Twenty Percent

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

The Tune of Twenty Percent

Post by avanutria »

I got this in my inbox today but she didn't include any ABC. Does anyone recognise the tune?
EMAIL(adline_fokuta@yahoo.com)

DEAR,

I KNOW IT MIGHT BE A SURPRISE TO RECIEVE A LETTER LIKE THIS FROM UNKNOWN PERSON. I GOT YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION THROUGH SITE. AND I DECIDED TO CONTACT YOU, HOPING THAT BY ALMIGHTY GOD'S GRACE YOU WILL SUCCESSFULLY ASSIST ME OUT FROM MY SITUATION AFTER MY SEVEN GOOD DAYS PRAYERS AND FASTING OVER SEEKING FOR AN OVERSEAS GUARDIANCE .

I AM ADLINE OKUTA (22 YEARS OLD) THE ONLY DAUGHTER OF LATE CHIEF JOSEPH OKUTA WHO WAS A FAMOUS AND WEALTHY COCOA MERCHANT BASED IN ABIDJAN,THE ECONOMIC CAPITAL OF IVORYCOAST. I AM SEEKING FOR YOUR URGENT ATTENTION TO HELP ME TRANSFER THE SUM OF FOUR MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE OF AMERICAN DOLLARS INTO YOUR NOMINATED BANK ACCOUNT OVERSEAS FOR AN INVESTMENTS PURPOSES,SUCH AS REAL ESTATES MANAGEMENTS AND STOCK MARKETINGS.

PLEASE , I AM WILLING TO APPRECIATE THIS TO THE TUNE OF 20% OF THE TOTAL FUND AS YOUR COMMISSION FOR YOUR URGENT ASSISTANCE TO ME.PLEASE KINDLY REPLY ME IMMEDIATELY YOU RECEIVE THIS MY LETTER ON THIS MY DIRECT EMAIL ADDRESS FOR MORE IMPORTANT DETAILS CONCERNING THIS MY MUTUAL TRANSACTION.

THANKS WITH BEST REGARD,
ADLINE OKUTA.

NOTE: I HAVE ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS IN RELATION TO THIS MY FUND DEPOSITED BY MY LATE FATHER IN THE BANK. PLEASE KINDLY REPLY ME ON THIS MY PRIVATE EMAIL (adline_fokuta@yahoo.com ) FOR CONFIDENTIAL AND SECURITY REASONS OK THANKS.
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by GaryKelly »

P'raps it's another name for "The Hag With The Money"? Definitely not "Banish Misfortune" though! :D
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
peteinmn
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by peteinmn »

Sounds a little like that old tune, "A loverly bridge is for sale in Brooklyn" :D
Shut up and drink your gin! - Fagin
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Don't you just love the way they call you dear without filling in your name? Sometimes I get ten copies of the same letter sent to me through several different group addresses. So each letter tells me I've been specially selected. I'm so special that all my colleagues got the same letter. I'm so special they forgot to name me. Hilarious.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Hey, I recognise the tune. It's The Little Beggar Girl.
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Yes, but at least I am dear to her. I particularly liked how she explained that she got my contact information through Site. I thought I cancelled my registration there. :P
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

I think she's having problems with senility, too. First, she identifies herself as Adline Okuta, then she calls herself an "unknown person". Some cold-hearted internet scammer is bound to take advantage of her in that condition.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Move over Av,
I'm steppin' in here with an offer of ten per cent. :P

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
avanutria

Post by avanutria »

Do I hear fifteen? We can make a set!
avanutria

Post by avanutria »

Hmm. Lucky thing I'm amused by the one I just got, as I was hoping for some real mail and am a bit disappointed.

I posted some ADVICE on Craigslist London in the for sale section, and I received an email about it this morning. It seems there is a gentleman in Belgium who would like to buy my advice, but only if it is GOOD advice. They want pictures, and would like to arrange shipment soon.

Proof that these guys don't even READ the adverts they are replying to.