beautiful snowflakes

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Darwin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Darwin »

john swinton wrote:do any of you hate walking on snow?

I cant stand it when the snow copacts and crunches. is is so eugh.

no? anyone? anyone at all?

ooookaay. just me then
If I liked anything about snow--which I don't, much--it would be that sound.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

aderyn_du wrote:So, I googled my username and this thread was very first in line. How bizarre.

The mind :boggle:
Not a problem I'm ever likely to encounter.

Hiya Cees! More posts, please! :D How about some real Utah snowflakes, we KNOW you have the technology.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

With every snowflake being different, it is really hard to get a baby picture of Frosty the Snowman :D

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

Martin Milner wrote:Hiya Cees! More posts, please! :D How about some real Utah snowflakes, we KNOW you have the technology.
The bigger question is... does she have the snowflakes?

We had some snow almost a month back and then it all melted. No snow, just cold. We did get a small bit last night though. Maybe Cees got more snow where she's at on the other side of the lake?

Here's hoping for a white Christmas!

:) Sara
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

We got our first taste, well feel, of snow in Idaho. Not much, just a flurry or two for a couple of hours, but it was still neat.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Hi all, and sorry I forgot to check back and see who'd replied, to answer! Emmline, thanks for responding, and I'm sorry I didn't see your question till now. I have been busy with my three little kids and all that that entails...I homeschool them, and have a lot of other interests that keep me busy as well. Thanks for asking! I haven't been as into whistles as in days of yore, but I still love to play and read about them, and keep up with the doings of all of you fun people.

Mack, thanks for responding as well--I hope things are going great for you!

Sara, how are you doing? No, we haven't had any snow here at all, really, beyond little flurries that don't stick. I have never, in my ten years of living in Utah, seen such a strange winter! All of January just about was 40 degrees F or warmer. I wonder if we will ever get snow?

Hi Martin! I hope you have a great superbowl party...though I still don't know why you would actually choose to watch football... :lol:
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Hmmm. I can't help but think about some finer points of the "wrapped in bubble wrap" scenario. Better switch threadss.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Cees wrote:
Hi Martin! I hope you have a great superbowl party...though I still don't know why you would actually choose to watch football... :lol:
You know what they say, 250 Million Americans can't be wrong! When you look past the hoohaa and the cheerleaders, it's actually a very intellectual game, like cricket. :D

I dug out the Eagles Starter Jacket I bought about 16 years ago, and it still fits!

Beer (well, cider), Pretzels, Popcorn, nachos, dips, chicken wings, burgers, Tums, yup, nearly set!
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Flyingcursor wrote:Hmmm. I can't help but think about some finer points of the "wrapped in bubble wrap" scenario. Better switch threadss.
I watched a show once where they were spotlighting a woman who designed lingerie out of bubble wrap. She had a wedding dress and veil design too--the mind boggles on that one. "And the bride wore a charming see-through wedding gown as she rustled and popped down the aisle..." :boggle:
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Flyingcursor wrote:Hmmm. I can't help but think about some finer points of the "wrapped in bubble wrap" scenario. Better switch threadss.
I still think it would be really fun. :D
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

izzarina wrote:
It is! I think everyone should buy big sheets of bubble wrap right now.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

aderyn_du wrote:
izzarina wrote:
It is! I think everyone should buy big sheets of bubble wrap right now.
I'm going out anyway....I'll just buy some then. Does anyone else want me to get some for them as well?

:wink:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.