Condi Rice

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

Jeff Stallard wrote:
Cranberry wrote:...she's also ugly...
That's kind of hateful, isn't it?
Yes.
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

Hmmmm, you guys read something into that comment that wasn't intended to be there. Thurgood Marshall was black, Malcolm X was black, MLK was black.

I am in no a racist so don't try to say I am.

Condi Rice is kinda like an Irishman taking sides with and working with England during the time of england's opression. She in no way supports or defends her fellow africians americans. Show me one thing that she has done to better the plight of her fellow African Americans? I can list 20 things out there that she has done to worsen things or maintain the status quo as a result of her actions or of those she works for. Is she for education and improving ghetto neighborhoods? No, she is for blowing money on blowing up people which feeds her own agenda and the corperate pockets that she is in league with.

Yes, she is a extremely smart and "successful" person and that doesn't make her less black. What makes her less black is the fact that she has turned her back on her people.
No I'm not returning...
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

Flyingcursor wrote: Question. Is she considered a neocon?
Yes, I believe she is considered a neocon. But as I've said before I think labelling people is a bad idea because it those terms just are applicable in todays world... liberal, conservative and the rest of the lot should just be thrown out the window. The day you show me a true conservative in the senate is the day I'll show you a true liberal in the senate. Not going to happen anytime soon.
No I'm not returning...
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Cranberry wrote:
Jeff Stallard wrote:
Cranberry wrote:...she's also ugly...
That's kind of hateful, isn't it?
Yes.
cmon now, she's a fox!
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

I take my first amendment right seriously! If an opinion is held it should be stated. Philisophical objective debate requires that opinions and ideas be shared freely cause how do you know if you're right if you haven't heard every side of the story? Ideas are just like scientific theories. They need to be approached and investigated from all sides. That's how theories and ideas are made. If you only heard one opinion on a matter does make it right?

So saying I'm a F*cking racist is absolutely wrong. But I'll be damned if I keep my mouth shut cause somebody might be offended. Saying there are too many immigrants in California might offend somebody but is in necesarily wrong? Saying ProIsreal voices have an undo influence in this country to influence politics because Jewish CEO's run companies like MTV, CBS, VIACOM, and NBC to name a few, might offend somebody but does that make it any less true? (It might however explain this countries political dealings and public opinion with regards to Isreal)

What I'm saying is that i have friends of all races and I embrace everybody equally but that is completely diffent to expressing ideas and opinions of which I may or not believe in myself. Now proove me wrong and I'll be the first guy to jump up and admit it.

Philisophical, objective debates cannot be held in an ethnocentric environment. YOu must take any idea and deal with it objective regardless of personal opinions and/or feelings.
No I'm not returning...
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

MurphyStout wrote:Condi Rice is kinda like an Irishman taking sides with and working with England during the time of england's opression.
I entirely disagree... STRONGLY I mean. Like I'm serious. Your analogy is false. It's more like an Irishman working with the English TODAY. You wouldn't call an Irishman less Irish because they worked in London for a London company today, would you?

She's not working for black people. She's working for all people. Do you not see the racial bias inherent in your thinking? Black people work for black people, white for white, Chinese for Chinese. What does that get you except for hate and seperation.

Erik
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Murph, in most civilised countries discussing someone's degree of blackness and what he or she does fo 'his or her people' would be considered an unusual perspective. It would occur to me anyhow.
Jeff Stallard

Post by Jeff Stallard »

Peter Laban wrote:Murph, in most civilised countries discussing someone's degree of blackness and what he or she does fo 'his or her people' would be considered an unusual perspective. It would occur to me anyhow.
Harumph!
"Reality is the computer hardware, and religions are the operating systems: abstractions that allow us to interact with, and draw meaning from, a reality that would otherwise be incomprehensible."
emmline

Post by emmline »

I don't think having a particular ethnic appearance should be the determining factor in what one believes politically, or what demographic segment of society one represents.
Jack

Post by Jack »

emmline wrote:I don't think having a particular ethnic appearance should be the determining factor in what one believes politically, or what demographic segment of society one represents.
I actually agree with that.

I did not mean to imply that she was ugly because she is black - RuPaul is black and is gorgeous. I should not have made any judgment on a person's appearance at all and for that I apologise.

I should say some good things about her:

If there is one thing that'll allow Condoleezza Rice to do her job well, it will be the fact that she speaks English, Spanish, German, French, and Russian. She can relate to many European heads of state directly in this regard.

She is also an accomplished pianist, if I'm not mistaken.
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

Thank you, Cran, for the apology and for rejoining the spirit in which I started this thread :)
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

ErikT wrote: She's working for all people.
Come now Erik? She's working for all people doing what?
ErikT wrote: Do you not see the racial bias inherent in your thinking? Black people work for black people, white for white, Chinese for Chinese. What does that get you except for hate and seperation.
Yes, that is a very good point. I suppose you're right BUT, wouldn't her teaching talents and knowledge be better used teaching underprivaleged kids in the ghetto's rather than teaching rich elitist kids at Stanford? And regardless of racial divides, lying and overstating facts about the threat in Iraq was a bad move. Who's lives did it cost? Rich kids? NO, it costs poor underprivalaged kids their lives because they are always the first to sign up. And furthermore it cost you and I hard earned tax dollars to fill the pockets of the war industry. Who is that working for?

And one more point, did Martin Luther King jr. create only "hate and seperation?"

Maybe I was wrong in saying she is less black but I do believe strongley that she has turned her back on her "people."

Sorry about this... we can return to saying only good things about Condi if that was the original point of this thread.

I'll pay her a compliment, She sure knows how to keep secrets.
No I'm not returning...
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

I wasn't necessarily suggesting that this thread was for blowing sunshine at Rice. My point of the thread was to mention that one of the 4 most politically powerful people in the United States is now a black woman. If it helps for you to think of it in those terms, substitute "Carol Mosley Braun" (who politically you likely agree with) for "Condi Rice" in your mind.

But something that you said is gnawing at me. Do you really believe that it is wrong for a black person to pursue a career that takes them away from "the Ghetto"? Further, do you really believe that all black people live in ghetto's? I lived on MLK Jr. drive in Chicago for several years. All of my neighbors were black. While we weren't in the richest part of town, we were hardly in a ghetto. And never once did I hear anyone say, "That dang Oprah. She lives up there in that beautiful million dollar apartment. She belongs here." (she lived near Navy Pier at the time - don't know if she still does).

I had several friends in the projects (which weren't far from my home) and actually did some architectural/sociological studies there. It turns out that many people do return to the projects, even after pursuing successful careers. I know of a lawyer, for instance, that moved back home. He no longer qualified for the housing subsities, but he felt like it was home and wanted to help folks there. Folks appreciated his coming home, but I never sensed that most folks were angry at those that didn't.
Who's lives did it cost? Rich kids? NO, it costs poor underprivalaged kids their lives because they are always the first to sign up. And furthermore it cost you and I hard earned tax dollars to fill the pockets of the war industry. Who is that working for?
My wife is in the Army, so I guess that that means that we're working for you. While you're thinking about it, maybe you could pray that our friend in Mosul comes home saftely. They still don't have a mess hall to eat in, but at least he was working out rather than eating when the mess hall was destroyed. Of course, we have other friends throughout the region. I'm sure that they'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers as well. We're currently hoping the Julie doesn't get deployed for a while. We have a 10 month old baby at home that would miss her mom. We would certainly appreciate your prayers for that. And, thanks for filling our pockets.

By the way, don't get too excited about the whole "Carol Mosley-Braun" idea. Sure, she was the first black woman senator... champion of the masses. A democrats democrat. But, her last job was Ambassador to New Zealand - which we all know has a HUGE black population to minister to. She must not have been thinking of her people when she took the job.

Erik
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

Just for a little local color, here's another friend of ours. We just received these from him last week.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

ErikT wrote:Image
Yowch! Wasn't expecting that! I just fell halfway out of my chair, right over the left arm.

Now I recall why I spent much of my time in those things with my eyes closed.

And I thank y'all's for having funded the experience. Your deep pockets enabled me to enjoy things no mortal should have to endure, so that you wouldn't have to enjoy them, or worse, for yourself.

We'll keep your wife and friends in our thoughts, Erik.