An introduction.........

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Paul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Paul »

Here ya go, Jeff -

Never mind the flute :wink:

Click on this:
THE DARK SIDE

:D
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

claudine wrote:Hello Jeff, it's good to have you here. Don't spend too much money on whistles, they are all crap, so you will never find the perfect one. Get a flute right now. That will save you a lot of money and frustration.
(runs away and hides in the forest)
never mind them blackguarding fairy's from Lucilinburhuc, :wink:
go for a sterling silver copeland low D alltogether :D
Jeff_H

Post by Jeff_H »

I think that I'll stick to learning the whistle first! I must walk before I run...
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Paul wrote:Here ya go, Jeff -

Never mind the flute :wink:

Click on this:
THE DARK SIDE

...Yessssssss Luk...uh, I mean Jeff. Take a walk on the DARK SIDE. :twisted:
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

...oh, and welcome! :D
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: An introduction.........

Post by brewerpaul »

Jeff_H wrote: How I came to find the penny whistle was by pure chance.... During our stay every time we’d stop in a shop that had either the Guinness or Walton’s whistles I’d eyeball them but I didn’t actually purchase one until we were waiting to leave for home at the airport in Shannon.
Good thing your first exposure wasn't one of those dreadful souvenir whistles they sell in Old Sturbridge Village or you would have given up right on the spot!! :wink:

Seriously, OSV is a wonderful place to visit and I'd recommend it highly to anyone visiting the Northeast.

Wellcome to the board!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I like the re-enactment village near there an awful lot. Welcome!
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Peach

Post by Peach »

Hi Jeff!

I live in Boylston now, but lived in Sutton MANY years ago! Boston Rd, actually - near the American Legion! As for Sturbridge, that's where my sister lived for years - just past Rom's on Shepard Rd!

Small world, huh?

If you're ever in the neighborhood, I play with a group called "Mulligan Stew" and we play in Clinton almost every other Sunday. Let me know if your interested, and I'll get you the dates for some upcoming gigs!

Sue
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Pay no attention to that girl (Claudine, that is), Jeff, and believe me, it's only a matter of time till you'll wrap your fingers around a lowD...

WELCOME. :)
Jeff_H

Post by Jeff_H »

Peach wrote:Hi Jeff!

I live in Boylston now, but lived in Sutton MANY years ago! Boston Rd, actually - near the American Legion! As for Sturbridge, that's where my sister lived for years - just past Rom's on Shepard Rd!

Small world, huh?

If you're ever in the neighborhood, I play with a group called "Mulligan Stew" and we play in Clinton almost every other Sunday. Let me know if your interested, and I'll get you the dates for some upcoming gigs!

Sue
Small world it is! I grew up on Burbank Rd. My mother still lives there in fact. Please send me any gig info you may have.

Oh and yes. I have been eyeing Low D's but I'm going to wait until I'm better on my soprano D's....

Jeff
Les Cruttenden

Ireland

Post by Les Cruttenden »

My first visit to Ireland had much the same effect on me...I simply adore most things Irish....its history comes from out the distant past...just love it. Les.Ive only got three whistles though![/quote]
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

Greetings, Jeff. While I have never been to Massachusetts, I understand that a lot of good people live there. Welcome to the board. :)

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Joe_Atlanta

Re: An introduction.........

Post by Joe_Atlanta »

Jeff_H wrote:Well, 22 years later and I’m still playing electric bass along with a little bit of guitar for fun. Now, I’ve developed a bug for playing the whistle.

Since I already suffer from the bassist’s affliction known as GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) I caught WhOA in a very short time. Whistles are MUCH cheaper to buy than basses and amps.
Hey Jeff, glad to see another bassist join the ranks. I'm finding the whistle a great alternate instrument, really gets you out of the box.

Be careful with WhOA, I know that after bass GAS, whistles seem absurdly cheap. However, it's really easy to slip from several sub $10 whistles to several in the $50-100 range to etc....

regards,
Joe
Jeff_H

Post by Jeff_H »

Hi Joe,

Yeah I'm really trying to resist the urge to buy more until I'm a better player. BTW my handle on TB is Zoomboy....

Jeff