OT.I Don't Have

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by GaryKelly »

amar wrote:hey, does anyone wanna send me a text message? that would be cool, here's my number:

+41763683957

waiting..
Sorry old chap, not at the rates Vodafone charges!

But I'm sure all the telemarketers will appreciate your giving them your number! :D
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

sending...
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hey Amar,
I'd send you one but I have no idea how to use it on my phone so this post and my good intentions will have to suffice. :D

Best,
Paul
aderyn_du
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

Yeah, emm, how *did* you do an international number on your cell... I'm looking at mine and can't figure it out. :-?

(can you tell I don't use it very often?? :P )
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
emmline

Post by emmline »

Depends on the age of your phone--if it's newish, using GSM technology, you insert the + by holding the 0 key, then add the rest of the #'s.
Otherwise, type 011 instead of +

BTW Ad! Amar thinks the message I sent him is from you!
wishful thinking I guess!
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

I see, Emm... in addition to not using my cell much, I've never had the occasion to dial an international number. Ignorance showing all around! :oops:
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

emmline wrote:BTW Ad! Amar thinks the message I sent him is from you!

Amar-dood, busted!!
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

GaryKelly wrote:Image
emmline wrote:BTW Ad! Amar thinks the message I sent him is from you!

Amar-dood, busted!!
you got it *cough*-lum. :roll:
emmline

Post by emmline »

aderyn_du wrote:I see, Emm... in addition to not using my cell much, I've never had the occasion to dial an international number. Ignorance showing all around! :oops:
I haven't much...I did have to call my parents' hotel in Paris last summer to give them some info. I thought about my phrasing and diction, made the call, asked for their room in what I think was decent French...the hotel desk man then, in a very friendly tone, fired back with a lengthy French greeting which I completely could not process, before connecting me to the room. Luckily I never had to reveal the rustiness of my French.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

My phone is pretty new, I got it for business purposes and haven't had much business yet. :P My main use of it has comprised of using the nifty little piano composer to create ringtones-- Wind That Shakes the Barley is my current one. :lol:
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

well maybe this radiation is all personal...
i have a mobile i use very rearly and i don't feel a lot of radiation while using it.

but i feel plenty radiation from my hard-disk player!
the next time i buy something to record, it will be with a memory card.
markv

Post by markv »

My wife and I currently don't have one but with the commuting we do and one of our children in school now, I can see it coming.

One of the main reasons I don't is because my job entails a lot of phone work. The last thing I want to do when I'm at home or travelling is talk on the phone.

The most contented and peacefull time of my life was when I was doing field biology work for 10 months at a very remote location in Western Nebraska. I had no phone, no TV, no news, no paper, no radio stations worth listening to. I didn't care what the date was or even what day. It was the most "free" I've ever felt in my life. The pace of life slowed to where I could really think about what had gone on in my life up to that point and where I was going. I could sit on a high sand hills dune all day and just watch the changes in light and shadow over the hills and valleys. I loved it.

Mark V
Fairy tales are more than true: not because
they tell us that dragons exist, but because
they tell us that dragons can be beaten.

G. K. Chesterton
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

I have one up in my room that I got for a birthday a couple years ago. It was too much stress. I found myself constantly checking to see if it was off in class, at the movies etc. And obsessively checking my voice mail, scared to death I was missing something. I let it lapse, and if you do they charge you an arm and a leg for extra minutes so I said screw it, now it's gathering dust. Amazingly I survive without one. :o
seisflutes

Post by seisflutes »

I sooo do not have a cell phone! Nobody in my family has one,although my sister thinks it would be cool.I don't agree with her. We don't have a TV either.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Was anyone listening to All Things Considered on NPR yesterday?
They had an interview with this Telecommunications professor about why people shout when they use cell phones.
http://www.npr.org/rundowns/segment.php?wfId=4229967
Along with all the other rude things people do with cellphones, this just adds insult to injury. I like Gonzo's deal of trying to out-shout other Bidnessmen.
And don't get me started about how ugly the cell phone towers are...