Homebrewers in the crowd?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
MikeyLikesIt
antispam: No

Post by MikeyLikesIt »

I'm learning ho to homebrew, but living on campus at my university has prohibited me from buying a kit. Next year though, when i'm renting a house, that's what the garage will be dedicated to. :D :D

-Mike
michael_coleman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play the first flute Jon Cochran ever made but haven't been very active on the board the last 9-10 years. Life happens I guess...I owned a keyed M&E flute for a while and I kind of miss it.

Post by michael_coleman »

OnTheMoor wrote:
michael_coleman wrote:I have found the most amazing brewery. Coming out of Quebec is the Unibroue brewery and everything I have tasted from them has been incredible. If you like belgian beers, just about anything from them is incredible and a completely different experience in beer drinking. Y oumust try their Ephemere and their Blanche de Chambly.
Have you tried Maudite from Unibroue? :o That's a tasty beer.

Next time you're up, try McAuslan's St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout. Best stout in Canada.

I've been brewing for a bit now, like Maple Ales... being the good Canadian boy I am.
My fiance and I are going up to Quebec for our honeymoon this summer and I'm thinking about taking a trip over to the brewery.

Is there anyway to order directly from the brewery...I went to the website and couldn't find anything. I guess I am just limited to what I can get at Beverages and More here in the States. My friend gave me a plethora of microbrewery and imported beers for my birthday and it was one of the best gifts.
cazadorecovey
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by cazadorecovey »

MikeyLikesIt wrote:I'm learning ho to homebrew, but living on campus at my university has prohibited me from buying a kit. Next year though, when i'm renting a house, that's what the garage will be dedicated to. :D :D

-Mike
Yeah, Universities don't really care for homebrewing, midnight bottle explosions, public drunkeness... etc. I'm supprised they let us barbeque in the quad still...
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

cazadorecovey wrote:Sure I love imported beers, Guinness still rocks my world, but I'm from Texas, so I have to throw Lone Star into the loop here.
I wouldn't hold Lone Star up as a shining example of what Texas is capable of brewing. Shiner, on the other hand, makes some wonderful brews. Before the microbrewery revolution, I would have said Shiner Bock was one of the best beers made in the US.

I used to drink a couple of British imports that I haven't seen in probably 20 years. Does anyone know if Vaux Double Maxim or Old Bedford are available in the US these days? The first is a brown ale that's just as smooth as can be, the latter is an old ale that takes a little effort to drink, but is worth it in the end.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
TomB

Post by TomB »

[quote="chas
I used to drink a couple of British imports that I haven't seen in probably 20 years. Does anyone know if Vaux Double Maxim or Old Bedford are available in the US these days? The first is a brown ale that's just as smooth as can be, the latter is an old ale that takes a little effort to drink, but is worth it in the end.[/quote]

Chas: The Vaux Brewery went out of business around 1999. However, several of the folks associated with Vaux, including the former head brewer, purchased the brewing rights to "Double Maxim." I don't know if they export Double Maxim to the U.S., but I would be you could find out with a quick e-mail to the brewery. The wesbsit is:
www.dmbc.co.uk

As far as Old Bedford Strong Ale is concerned, all I know about it, is that it was brewed by the Charles Wells brewery. I have no idea if it is even brewed any longer.

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

My fiance and I are going up to Quebec for our honeymoon this summer and I'm thinking about taking a trip over to the brewery.

Is there anyway to order directly from the brewery...I went to the website and couldn't find anything. I guess I am just limited to what I can get at Beverages and More here in the States. My friend gave me a plethora of microbrewery and imported beers for my birthday and it was one of the best gifts.
Sorry, can't help you there. It's all available at the LCBO, or I just hop across the river to Gatineau.

Whereabouts are you headed? Quebec City I hope?