tinwhistler's day jobs

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

jkrazy52 wrote:... all 31 pages in one sitting .... and I noticed that blackhawk is guilty of "bumping" it up every time. Didn't you ever hear what curiosity did to the cat, blackhawk? :wink:
:D
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

alespa wrote:Since I can't think of anything near as humorous as my predicessors, I simply say that I run a one-man graphic design company, that occasionally puts together a team to work on specific projects too big for just me to handle. Since I work at home, I can whistle, when I have time, as long as it's not so much that my wife questions if I am actually working :)

I have two boys, 13 and 10, that don't live with me. But that's another subject.

Shouldn't we establish a Chiff & Fipple retirement plan so we can all retire early so we can actually get some good practice time in?
I'd sign on, but I'll have to pay in posters :)
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
TootleJester
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TootleJester »

I am first a husband, then a father of two, Anastasia(pronounced - Ah-nah-sta-see'-yah), age 3 1/2, and Asa, 2 this month. My BA in philosophy allows me to think deep thoughts about being poor while managing teenagers of all ages at Wendy's. I am saving my peeny's(cause that's all that's left over) so that I might go to St. Vladamir's Seminary in NY so that someday I might teach theology, though I havn't commited to the classroom or the pulpit, both would be great. I am a cumpulsive dabbler. I have made one batch of wine, one batch of beer, one flute and one whistle. I play my Clarke when there's no one around (My wife is happy that I enjoy playing, but can only tolerate so much practice). I love to read and be in the water(preferably at the same time, but there re just not enogh plastic books out there). All this squeezed in aroud my 50 hours a week in fastfood. No wonder I'm out of breath all the time.
To know Him and Him crusified!
Glory forever!
pearl grey

Post by pearl grey »

Paul wrote:I find myself in the midst of a huge development right now with regard to my career. This is a good thing. That's what's up with the Viking boat avatar. I cast the boat into the waters about a year ago. I'm not really at liberty to go public with details at this moment but I will elaborate later. The process is endlessly complicated but I love the challenge. It has been nerve-wracking and has been ongoing since this summer. but the end will more than justify it.

-Paul
What's your career? What's up with that boat? I want to know!

BA - English, MA - Conservation of Fine Art, Works on Paper

I'm a paper conservator. I conserve/preserve/repair damaged works of art on paper (watercolors, engravings, drawings, some archival materials, anything on paper).
Paul

Post by Paul »

Well, I won't be able to share anything for a while. Thanks for asking.
Last edited by Paul on Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
john swinton
Location: in front of a computer, whistle in one hand, mouse in the other

Post by john swinton »

im a stuent. not a good student, not a bainey one either. im also a son, a whistler, a brother, a cousin.

I run and own Copper Whistle by myself. this is my company that only makes low Ds at the moment. they are quite cheep and th people I have sold them to are happy.

running a buisness is hard.
* # ~ WHISTLE TILL YOU DROP ~ # *

(or your lungs colapse!)

John :lol:
Joe_Atlanta

Post by Joe_Atlanta »

anniemcu wrote:I make more moolah (not much either way, LOL, but more) playing the bass than the whistle.
What kind of music are you playing (on bass & whistle)?
Last edited by Joe_Atlanta on Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe_Atlanta

Post by Joe_Atlanta »

Paul wrote: It feels like I've untied a great big ship from its moorings and it's set sail full speed ahead. There's more to come but as I said I can't share that until everything is nailed down. There are all kinds of rumors going around here and town.
Congrats on the makeover. So, should we be looking for the sky to light up or maybe a big sail? :D
happyturkeyman

Post by happyturkeyman »

High school student.
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine.
SilverStrand

Post by SilverStrand »

I am a 21 year old barista in a cafe called La Dolce Vita, that is within a nice home decor/gift shop called Anatole. At the moment I am applying to universities, and will be taking online classes next quarter at the local community college. My old major was theatre, but now I want to teach 2nd and 3rd graders.

...so yeah...that's what I am doing at the moment...making espresso.
"Block out the Sun and Pack up the Sky"
pearl grey

Post by pearl grey »

Paul wrote:That's what's up with the Viking boat avatar. I cast the boat into the waters about a year ago.
I was thinking maybe you actually sailed a reproduction Viking boat. :sniffle:
Jay-eye
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jay-eye »

In the course of a very varied career, for several years now I've been working for a small wholesaling company, selling non-food items to convenience stores in and around the West Midlands, UK.

I spend my time in between calls driving and listening to whistling, fluting and now piping cd's and wishing I was at home playing my new Uilleann practice set.

If not working then I'll most likely have my nose in a book, be talking to someone, be tending the vegetable plot with my beloved wife, talking, trying to keep track of the movements of three grown up daughters, talking, taking photographs, listening to music, talking, painting in oils or attempting to read the entire internet! Or talking to a mate......

Quite mundane compared to some in this thread, I see!

j.i.
Tóg go bog é, dude.....

j.i.
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

amar wrote:i'm a medical doctor, apart from that i burp and f*rt sometimes.
Dr. Gaseous, I presume?

Loren
MikeyLikesIt

Post by MikeyLikesIt »

Full time college student working towards a degree in Biology to go on to veterinary school, but in the meantime I spend my time playing music and weightlifting. Former rugby player (stupid grades :( ). Also an ITM fanatic.

Cheers,
-Mike

Post by Guest »

I pick cigerette butts for a living. No i`m not a new age traveller from Bristol with a dog on a bit of rope and matted "dreadlock hair". I`m employed by interserve Fm, at a hospital in Dudley as a gardener which is a bit of a rogue title as, as i say, i spend 70% of my working life picking up fag butts and litter. God bless PFI.
Mind you it has its perks, in a good week i can find nearly a whole pound in 1p pieces in the gutters.