Time for a Redeclaration of Independence?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

I am not embarrassed that Bush is the Prez as long as you have the original Welfare Queen on the dole. But, man, Budweiser is a humiliating excuse for a beer-like substance from this continent.. Fortunately, we have the microbreweries to make up for it. I had heard that they are using primarily rice these days in Bud, without using the Japanese techniques for doing so, and that the MOMENT it gets warm, its terrible and I find that to be quite true. Loathsome.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Wanderer wrote:
It's my own opinion that "American Lager" is another way of saying "P!$$ Water" ;)
A rose by any other name..... is still SA-KE!!!! :wink:

Robin
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Brian Lee wrote:DAMN! How come Utah get's left out? We're in the biggest need of a King or Queen of all the states!
You mean there are no queens in Utah? :wink:
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

Well, at this one bar.... :wink:

But none fit to rule the United Republican City-State of Utah. Hell, we have a lichen czar (no joke) maybe we should make HER queen. Her title alone make her more qualified than any one else in current office here!
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

A lichen Czar? I'd love to know more but I daren't Google that! :D
(BTW, my name is John)
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

No joke. They actually pay some lady to sit up on capitol hill and surf for lichen - supposedly to "protect" us from ourselves. Not quite sure how though, since apart from hearing about the actual creation of such a ridicculos position, being paid for by my tax dollars mind you, nothing has come of it. Still the Queen would have a thing or two to say I bet!
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

If the job becomes vacant you will let me know woncha? :)
(BTW, my name is John)
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

The Weekenders wrote:I had heard that they are using primarily rice these days in Bud, without using the Japanese techniques for doing so, and that the MOMENT it gets warm, its terrible and I find that to be quite true. Loathsome.
The moment it gets warm? I think you're being generous.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

OnTheMoor wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:I had heard that they are using primarily rice these days in Bud, without using the Japanese techniques for doing so, and that the MOMENT it gets warm, its terrible and I find that to be quite true. Loathsome.
The moment it gets warm? I think you're being generous.
Bud tastes salty to me.
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

jbarter wrote:If the job becomes vacant you will let me know woncha? :)
Sure thing. Probably pays very well too - with approx. half the year off. The state and counties close for just about any reason they can thing of. "Oh, didn't you get the memo? We're closed today in observance of national hang-nail observance day. Please accept this gift of a free pair of clippers as our appology."

Hell of a great job...and one that just about any junior high student here is more than qualified for.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

emmline wrote:If certain of us would prefer to be reabsorbed by Scotland, may we begin feeling oppressed by the crown right away?
I've already started calling the crown the "Foreign Aggressor" just to get into the habit :wink:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

By the way, I just had some of the "real" Budwieser tonight, re-labelled as "Czechvar" or some such for the American market. Not bad, and markedly better than American Sake, although I'm not real partial to lagers. The hubby brought it home the other day, looking like the cat that got the canary. When he first came to this country, his Swiss friend took him to a pub where he was delighted to see Budweiser on tap. His friend was rolling on the floor laughing after hubby took his first sip and almost spewed it across the table!

:lol:

Robin
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Walden wrote:
Brian Lee wrote:How come Utah get's left out? We're in the biggest need of a King or Queen of all the states!
Probably thought it would be hard to make Anglicanism the State Church.
Well I don't know, it was Henry VIII who created the church of England, specifically so he could have several wives (six at the last count).

The only difference was that he connected them in series rather than parallel.

p.s. I know the LDS don't condone polygamy any more. :wink:
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

spittin_in_the_wind wrote:When he first came to this country, his Swiss friend took him to a pub where he was delighted to see Budweiser on tap. His friend was rolling on the floor laughing after hubby took his first sip and almost spewed it across the table!
:lol:

My husband refuses to drink what he calls "domestic swill". Our beer budget, as a result, is bigger than most people's food budget :wink: .....but you know, you have to keep your priorities straight! After all, when you spend that inordinate amount for Guinness, you can always console yourself with the fact that since Guinness is really a food anyway, why do you need to buy MORE food? :wink:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I have thought for the longest time that the word "Queen," should be spelled: "Quean, noun (archaic). Bold girl or woman, hussy, (E)"

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.