Name That Forum User - Winners announced!!!!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

What should my new handle be?

IdahoDown
11%
FunkyBeets
8%
IDAwHOa
44%
SpudStud
8%
SpudMuffin
23%
WesternWhistler
7%

Total votes: 75

IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Name That Forum User - Winners announced!!!!

Post by IDAwHOa »

with REAL Prizes!!!! No.... Really.... Read on.

As announced in recent threads <a href="http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=23607"> HERE </a> and <a href="http://www.gaeliccrossings.com/forums/v ... php?t=1130"> HERE </a> I am soon going to be living in Southern Idaho and as such NorCalMusician sorta don't make it as a user name any longer.

THE CONTEST
First I want to thank all that have taken the time to submit suggestions for a new handle for me. It is much appreciated. :thumbsup: Renee and I have had a great time looking them over and laughing at some of the, um, more unique ones.

I enlisted the help of Renee and she has narrowed the field down to the ones listed in the poll above. Pick the one that you think would be a great new name for me in our new location.

THE PRIZES
Unlike another recent "contest" :tomato: (no, not yours Boomfield!) this one has REAL prizes!!! Should I tell you what they are or make you wait? Oh, OK, I will tell you.

First up is a Classic Syn High D. This is Erle's aluminum whistle and he has graciously provided it to me to offer as a prize in this contest. THREE CHEERS for Erle!! If you are a winner and choose this prize you will need to provide me your address so I can have it shipped to you.

Second is a $30 discount on a new wooden whistle from Simon Styles of Weston Whistles <a href="http://www.westonwhistles.co.uk"> website</a>. THREE CHEERS for Simon!! He makes both copper and wooden whistles. I have one of his high d whistles in sapele and it is a real dream. If you are a winner and choose this prize you will be contacting Simon directly to arrange for the whistle of your choice and delivery. He has a varied selection of woods to choose from. I do have one of his demo C whistles and will make that available if desired as well.

Third up is a nickel plated C fife. THREE CHEERS for ME!! Hey, you never know. It was Renee's entry instrument to her current Casey Burns flute. Provide your address to me and it is yours!!

Who wins what?
Once the poll seems to have died (about an hour maybe? :lol: ) in a couple of days the top three vote getters will be given the opportunity to choose their prize in decending order. If anyone opts out, it will fall to the next person in line until all the prizes are awarded.

ADDED: In the case of a tie, the name that was submitted first will break the tie.

I tried to think of everything. Please don't kill me if I forgot something obvious. A kind email or pm to make the correction/addition would be appreciated.

Disclaimer: This is NOT a binding contest. The highest vote getter does not guarantee I will change my handle to that name. I have my sentimental favorite and it may or may not be in the list above. :D

Names of the submitters have been omitted on purpose. Please do not reveal yourself until after the end of the contest. (you can choose the method of revealing, but remember this is a family board!!!!) :o OK, if you think really hard (please don't hurt yourself) you will be able to figure out who submitted which name.
Last edited by IDAwHOa on Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
jbarter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jbarter »

So what's Idaho like then? (Please make answers easy to understand for an Englishman......and a provincial one at that.)
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

jbarter wrote:So what's Idaho like then? (Please make answers easy to understand for an Englishman......and a provincial one at that.)
The terrain is quite varried. The South is high desert:

http://www.kisstherebel.com/gallery/album06

Those are pictures of the property we will be building on and the Snake River that is nearby.

It also has high mountains and lots of trees in the North.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

jbarter wrote:
Englishman......and a provincial one at that.
Idaho isn't a province...it's...it's...a state of mime :D

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

NorCal, I'm flattered that one of my ideas made the cut! But I shan't vote for it. I kinda like SpudMuffin, myself.
syn whistles

Post by syn whistles »

There once was a Norcalmusician,
"Move to Idaho for your health" said his physician.
But his name's got to go,
he'll soon be Idawhoa,
a name to suit his geographic position.

(Do you lot have limericks over there?)
So good it has to be a SYN!
alespa
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Post by alespa »

syn whistles wrote:There once was a Norcalmusician,
"Move to Idaho for your health" said his physician.
But his name's got to go,
he'll soon be Idawhoa,
a name to suit his geographic position.

(Do you lot have limericks over there?)
you ARE most talented Erle! :D
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

You da What?

Robin
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

NorCalMusician wrote:
jbarter wrote:So what's Idaho like then? (Please make answers easy to understand for an Englishman......and a provincial one at that.)
The terrain is quite varried. The South is high desert:

http://www.kisstherebel.com/gallery/album06

Those are pictures of the property we will be building on and the Snake River that is nearby.

It also has high mountains and lots of trees in the North.

It's also cold and snowy in the winter though warm and decent in summer, dry, lots of sagebrush, lot's of wide open space, lot of farms and varied towns and...

Oh! Seeing those pictures is making me a tad bit homesick. (Grew up in South Eastern Idaho). *sigh*

Congratulations NorCalMusician! Looks like a lovely building spot for your new home there!

:) Sara
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

I haven't read through the entire name submission thread, but I'm assuming someone did suggest ...

SouthIdaMusician

Best wishes,
Jerry
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Jerry Freeman wrote:I haven't read through the entire name submission thread, but I'm assuming someone did suggest ...

SouthIdaMusician

Best wishes,
Jerry
I remember seeing MidIdaMusician, but not South.

I wish I'd thought to suggest SpudBob Squarepants...
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Well, i went for funkybeets, i don't know why, it's just you. :D

you are the funkybeets and you know it.

where is my prize?
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Amar, IdaWhOA fits him . . . believe me, it does.

I think he lurks on corners, wearing a long trenchcoat with the collar turned up. And when people nervously pass him he hisses: "Hey! Wanna buy a whistle?" :twisted:

Now you know the REAL reason he's moving - he's been reported to the police as a suspicious person so often he's under 24-hour monitoring.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

How about: IDAWHAT??
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

So who came up with Idawhao :-? ?
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&