"Going Home"

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
talasiga
antispam: No

Post by talasiga »

peteinmn wrote:It's completely clear to me now! :boggle: :boggle:
Darling. people like you should just follow the Dots
and let people like us laugh (at ourselves).
:D
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

You do that again and I will have to post that picture of my head exploding!!!!!

Yikes, I vote for just following the dots and enjoying the music!!!!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

NorCalMusician wrote:You do that again and I will have to post that picture of my head exploding!!!!!

I vote for conceiving the music. Its orgastic.
Do you think that Gypsies and other folk musicians who dont read music
dont enjoy it?
I like to join in with pieces I have never heard before. As long as I know the tonic note and the scale (major, nat. minor, dorian or whatever) I can play along instantaneously. Even if I don't have the melody down pat whatever I play will be in tune and complement the piece. of course musical sensitivity is also necessary.

Following the dots in anything but symphonic music is like making love while reading a how to manual. Whatever turns you on, I suppose.
:P
cowtime
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: "Going Home"

Post by cowtime »

rkottke wrote:A while back, I heard a person playing on a whistle "Going Home" from Dvorak's New World Symphony. It was fantastic. Any idea where I might find whistle-friendly sheet music for it?
Our pipe band has played that thing so often that it makes me ill to even think of it. I guess it's a nice tune, I've just heard it way too much...it's just that slow airs are pretty boring for a flourishing tenor drummer.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

talasiga wrote:
NorCalMusician wrote:You do that again and I will have to post that picture of my head exploding!!!!!

I vote for conceiving the music. Its orgastic.
Do you think that Gypsies and other folk musicians who dont read music
dont enjoy it?
I like to join in with pieces I have never heard before. As long as I know the tonic note and the scale (major, nat. minor, dorian or whatever) I can play along instantaneously. Even if I don't have the melody down pat whatever I play will be in tune and complement the piece. of course musical sensitivity is also necessary.

Following the dots in anything but symphonic music is like making love while reading a how to manual. Whatever turns you on, I suppose.
:P
Oh, I know that. I think that was just my way of saying, "I envy you your talent!!!" :D

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

NorCalMusician wrote:......I think that was just my way of saying, "I envy you your talent!!!" :D
What I need is sympathy more than envy. I had major dental implant surgery recently and my dentures are still adjusting and its pinching at my fluting. Really hurts bad. Sometimes I feel like going home and .................
:cry:
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

talasiga wrote: What I need is sympathy more than envy. I had major dental implant surgery recently and my dentures are still adjusting and its pinching at my fluting. Really hurts bad. Sometimes I feel like going home and .................
Sorry to hear about the surgery, I hope it gets better soon. Until then, you should learn how to play the musical saw, I heard Ivan Stiles "bow" "Going Home" on one and it was very sorrowful and beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes.

Cheers,
Kathy
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

talasiga wrote:
NorCalMusician wrote:......I think that was just my way of saying, "I envy you your talent!!!" :D
What I need is sympathy more than envy. I had major dental implant surgery recently and my dentures are still adjusting and its pinching at my fluting. Really hurts bad. Sometimes I feel like going home and .................
Oh, Tal, I can sympathize with you. :( I had surgery recently as well. Not dental, but sinus surgery still puts a camper on playing for a bit of time!!! Here's to a quick recovery and adjustment!!! :D

talasiga

Post by talasiga »

chattiekathy wrote:
Sorry to hear about the surgery, I hope it gets better soon. Until then, you should learn how to play the musical saw, I heard Ivan Stiles "bow" "Going Home" on one and it was very sorrowful and beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes.

Cheers,
Kathy
You mean like the Krantzki Sisters?
rkottke
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by rkottke »

NorCalMusician wrote:Do you think that Gypsies and other folk musicians who dont read music dont enjoy it?
My Great-Grand Father was a violin maker, a musician, horse trader and a Roma (Gypsy). What makes you assume that the Roma do not know how to read music? From the papers he left the family, he appears to have had a great ear for picking up music and putting it to music notation.
Sláinte