Newbie Question

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
seisflutes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by seisflutes »

Actual information:The curved line and the squiggle can both mean a roll.

Vague ramblings:My impression is that the ~ is easier to use 'cause it's already right there on the computer keyboard and whatever they use to print sheet music(from the classical turn). However,I don't know what I'm talking about,so I could be completely wrong about that. :D

-Kelly
suejnnhe

Post by suejnnhe »

Thanks all for the info! :)

Of course, I'll have to dumb down the music for now as It's a gonna take me a wee bit more time to play an acceptable roll! :roll:

Susan
HeySue!
_________
Don't Panic!
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

suejnnhe wrote:Thanks all for the info! :)

Of course, I'll have to dumb down the music for now as It's a gonna take me a wee bit more time to play an acceptable roll! :roll:

Susan
Rolls!!! Ah, they were the bane of my existance for quite some time (as anyone here can probably attest to). I'm still not perfect...in fact, I still have a hard time doing a roll on anything other than an F# :D . But if you want to learn how to do them, I absolutely suggest Bro. Steve's site:

http://www.rogermillington.com/siamsa/brosteve/

Don't just jump to rolls though. Start at the beginning. There's a lot of knowledge to be had there. :)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
suejnnhe

Post by suejnnhe »

Thanks! Was intrduced to Bro Steve's yesterday. I'll have to practice while the hubby's at work though, or he might throw me out!! :lol:
Susan
HeySue!
_________
Don't Panic!
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

suejnnhe wrote:Thanks! Was intrduced to Bro Steve's yesterday. I'll have to practice while the hubby's at work though, or he might throw me out!! :lol:
Susan
A bit of a funny story (and one that makes me look good as well, which is always important :wink: ). I was practicing in the evening, and going through the tutorial on Bro. Steve's site. I think I was working on cuts and the tune "The Rambling Pitchfork...good tune, btw. Anyway, my husband likes to make fun of me while I practice and after I play the tune on the site so I can practice by hearing it, he always says "Wow, I didn't know you'd gotten so good" (much snickering and guffawing on his part). Well one day, he said that right after the music had stopped, which the normal snickering, until I said "That wasn't on the computer, that was ME! Just goes to show you that you DO get better with practice! :wink: Plus I think he takes me more seriously now, which is always a plus!
suejnnhe

Post by suejnnhe »

So...there is hope for the future! I will be diligent! My kids,surprisingly, haven't started complaining (as they have in my sister's case) that all I do is, "eat, sleep and play the whistle".

How's that for a sentence?

Susan
HeySue!
_________
Don't Panic!
dubhlinn
antispam: No

Post by dubhlinn »

I said "That wasn't on the computer, that was ME! Just goes to show you that you DO get better with practice! :wink:
Go Girl.....

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

dubhlinn wrote:
I said "That wasn't on the computer, that was ME! Just goes to show you that you DO get better with practice! :wink:
Go Girl.....

Slan,
D.
:D