The scary clown.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Father Emmet
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Father Emmet »

In NY you can buy beer, gasoline, cigarettes and cell phones all at one place.
glauber

Post by glauber »

izzarina wrote:
NorCalMusician wrote:OK, here is the obigatory "sarcasm alert" warning.
are we supposed to make this alert whenever we are being sarcastic? I'll have to put it on just about every post... :P
You could put it in your signature, or in your avatar.

(just trying to be helpful here)
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
EdMueller

Post by EdMueller »

TonyHiggins wrote:... When the giraffe arrives, it has no head as it was sheared off at a low overcrossing. When the driver was confronted, he replied, "Hey, I thought he'd duck."
Tony
My Black Lab must have heard that story. When she's riding in the car, she'll intently watch overpasses as we approach, and then duck as the car goes under them.

After doing that for a few passes, she'll lay down in the back seat.
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

mamakash wrote:Are there any other states besides NJ that are full serve mandated?
Oregon is full serve mandated.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Caj

Post by Caj »

mamakash wrote:I've lived in New Jersey my whole life. My mom, born in NY, didn't learn to drive until she was older and living in Jersey. Neither one of us learned to pump gas. Which makes it diffucult(or mlldly annoying) to visit relatives in NY, as all the gas stations are self serve, except for one lonely Rotary station on the highway. Are there any other states besides NJ that are full serve mandated?
Sometimes going to another state is like going to another country. You can buy beer anywhere. in NY. My uncle couldn't understand how one could not buy beer in the grocery store in this state. I found it odd that beer and wine was so available in NY State.
I just moved to southern-tier NY after 6 years in NJ. First thing that caught me off guard was how all the coffeeshops here have a rack of beers on tap.

I'm from IL, where you can buy beer in a grocery store, so I don't find that to be unusual. Although, tho after 6 years in New Jersey, seeing beer in a grocery store is a bit like seeing a penguin in a grocery store.

Nevertheless, beer on tap even in a coffeehouse is strange. Illinois doesn't hand out liquor licenses that liberally, I suppose. Either that, or it never occurs to people in IL that beer even fits in that picture. I can just imagine the conversation at my hometown bean hut:

"Oooh, you have the pumpkin spice beans!"
"Yes! They're a big hit. Goes well with our homemade cinnamon rolls."
"Looks like you're all decked out for the fall."
"Yep, those jack-o-lanterns are courtesy of Mrs. Everson's 4th grade class at Long Beach."
"Did they make those little scarecrows too?"
"Yes."
"They're so cute!"
"I know!"
"Anyway, I'll have a Labatt Blue."

Caj
EdMueller

Post by EdMueller »

NorCalMusician wrote: Oregon is full serve mandated.
Don't I know it... my first trip through Oregon (on the way to Washington), I stopped for gas, got out and grabbed the gas pump, and thought I was going to get beaten by the attendant.

Then he saw my California plates and just rolled his eyes...
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I'll not soon forget, my sister had a friend from Salina, who was quite convinced that the one about the gerbil and the lighter (I'll not go into detail... not the sort of thing one discusses in mixed company) actually happened to one of the brothers from the Mathis Brothers Furniture television ads.
Reasonable person
Walden
kga26

Post by kga26 »

My Mums best Urban legend was the one about the guy who had a 'bubble car' (of course they have no reverse gear) he drove it into the garage and parked too close to the wall..and three weeks later, they just found a skeleton apparantly (Mum, do you know for a start how long it takes a human body to decompose?) Anyway, having explained the logistics of this, she was still adamant that it really happened. Now you know where the family madness is inherited from.............
Shall I compare thee to a summers day?
No, thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Cheers Will, mines a pint !
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

My mother likes the emails that say 'Forward to a bazillion people and a special animation will magically appear." Selp perpetuated virus spam!

Took me YEARS to break her of that one.

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

NorCalMusician wrote:My mother likes the emails that say 'Forward to a bazillion people and a special animation will magically appear." Selp perpetuated virus spam!

Took me YEARS to break her of that one.
My dad is STILL convinced that if he sends enough people the email from the Gap, he'll get a gift certificate from them. At this rate, he should have racked up at LEAST $5000 in certificates :roll:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

The one about the spiders in the cactus are TRUE.

I know because I heard it from a guy I work with who's wife's best friends's cousin knows the person who's nephew's aunt bought the cactus.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

geek4music wrote:The one about the spiders in the cactus are TRUE.

I know because I heard it from a guy I work with who's wife's best friends's cousin knows the person who's nephew's aunt bought the cactus.
I WAS going to stop watching this topic, but now I can't. I am laughing too hard.

And to think, you said that with a straight face.

Caj

Post by Caj »

Visit the "Am I a scary clown or not?" Web page!

http://www.scaryornot.com

Some of those long, sharp teeth would probably interfere with whistle playing.

Caj
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Caj wrote:Visit the "Am I a scary clown or not?" Web page!

http://www.scaryornot.com

Some of those long, sharp teeth would probably interfere with whistle playing.
EWWWW! Yes, that one was WAAAAAY scary!!! Please no more posing the likes of THAT!!!! :o
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

I have an innate fear of clowns. Postings such as the above, by Caj, are seriously detrimental to my sleep health.

In other words, I'm scared to go to sleep now that I've seen Mr. Pointed Teeth Clown. I blame it on my parents who had a seriously freaky-scary clown picture in my room when I was a child. I think it was painted by one of my stepmother's college friends, whilst on acid. Image

And that, of course, reminds me of the time I was on a mountain and the trees tried to eat me.