So how come no-ones praying for Tony Blair?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
kga26
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

So how come no-ones praying for Tony Blair?

Post by kga26 »

After the outpouring of emotion and concern expressed on this message board for Bill Clinton, how comes no-one is remotlely interested in Tony Blairs heart op today? (tongue firmly in cheek).

Well - I think I know the answer to this question, but just thought I'd ask!

P.S. My daughter suffers from S.V.T. and has done since she was born, it is easily sorted with a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a towel , or ice cubes down the back! Can you imagine that at the Labour Party conference?
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

I am, actually.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

I'm sure a great many people on this side of the pond are too, but from what I understand, Voodoo doesn't work here. Something to do with the climate I think. :twisted:
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
kga26

Post by kga26 »

Redwolf...expand...(sorry , I am am an F.E. teacher)

How on earth do you do that highlighty thing?.....Discuss....

Do any of our brothers over the pond care... remotley....? We kinda need your support right now, because we are just about to give up on democracy and go down the pub! (It is Friday!)
Colin

Re: So how come no-ones praying for Tony Blair?

Post by Colin »

kga26 wrote:After the outpouring of emotion and concern expressed on this message board for Bill Clinton, how comes no-one is remotlely interested in Tony Blairs heart op today? (tongue firmly in cheek).
... probably because, unlike Clinton's bypass operation, Blair had a relatively minor procedure described thus by the BBC:

"a simple technique which thousands of patients in the UK undergo each year".

I guess MY definition of minor surgery is surgery performed on someone
other than me!

Colin
kga26

Post by kga26 »

Yeah, but Colin, I could do a 'toasty' and complain that nobody cares about the English. Sulk Sulk £££$$$$%%%%. (International hug called for I think!) and by God do we need one!
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:-? :-?

Eh...What does F.E. stand for?

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Colin

Post by Colin »

kga26 wrote:Yeah, but Colin, I could do a 'toasty' and complain that nobody cares about the English. Sulk Sulk £££$$$$%%%%. (International hug called for I think!) and by God do we need one!
nah - Mr Blair is also part Scots. He and I went to high school in Edinburgh around the same time. Mind you, he went to the rather snooty
and private Edinburgh Academy whilst I attended a typical rough public inner city school in the tenements of Gorgie/Dalry.

Colin
SirNick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

I hope he recovers quickly and completely. The U.S. needs all the world supporters we can get these days.
"You have my undivided attention"
Colin

Post by Colin »

Colin wrote:
kga26 wrote:Yeah, but Colin, I could do a 'toasty' and complain that nobody cares about the English. Sulk Sulk £££$$$$%%%%. (International hug called for I think!) and by God do we need one!
nah - Mr Blair is also part Scots. He and I went to high school in Edinburgh around the same time. Mind you, he went to the rather snooty
and private Edinburgh Academy whilst I attended a typical rough public inner city school in the tenements of Gorgie/Dalry.

Colin
I must be bored - I'm posting again to correct my own mistakes. Blair went to Fettes College not Edinburgh Academy. Both are rather exclusive toff high schools for the non financially challenged.

Colin
kga26

Post by kga26 »

Further Education Dublinn.. It means catching the ones who got out of the original net of school and getting them at work! National Vocational Qualifications and 'Lifelong Learning'. It's where Charles Clarke puts us old whistling graduates. (ha ha).
P.S. I don't wear socks and sandals, courdoroy, carry my pencils in my top pocket and weigh 24 stone.....before you ask!
P.P.S. ..and I run my own consultancy.....Don't know why I had to say that , but feel I have to defend F.E. teachers!

Blimey, arnt I on the defensive tonight? Thank God I have a big Cheesey Bean baked potato, my Low D, and last orders at the pub, what more could a girl ask for?
kga26

Post by kga26 »

Sir Nick... We may not always agree with your foreign policy, but you always have our support.......
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:lol:
Well now I understand,I never heard the phrase before being a long time out of school.I asked my sixteen year old son but he was baffled as well.
I live and learn...... :wink:

Slan,
D.

W.B.Yeats
kga26

Post by kga26 »

Well there you go..he's too young and you're too old Dublinn! Ha ha !
Must be a tune in that....
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

kga26 wrote:Well there you go..he's too young and you're too old Dublinn! Ha ha !
Must be a tune in that....

" as the years fly past we lose our grasp
or fuse it in the sun..."

Ooops..thats not a tune ..is it?

Slan,
D.
:)

W.B.Yeats