Olwell Flute for sale

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Ben Shaffer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Ive played Irish Flute for a number of Years. Have played Sessions as well but not currently. I have also played Colonial American Flute in reenactment Groups. Started playing Clarinet in 1960 in School and later Community Bands. Also have played Bagpipes Solo as well as in Pipe Bands I played Drums in a Garage band in High School, probably my Instrument I played the best!

Olwell Flute for sale

Post by Ben Shaffer »

This is an early keyless Olwell Flute in the key of D, Boxwood with a Nitric Acid Stain( which gives it the Amber color one sees on very old Boxwood Flutes). Patrick copied this Flute from an early RR Flute in the Dayton Miller Collection.. The Flute is 4 piece with silver rings. There is no slide, but the Flute is easily adjusted for sessions by pulling out the tenon. The Flute sounds wonderful and is an easy Player. The selling price is $800. I would ask that you contact me at my email address. I am selling the Flute to finance a set of small pipes
Ben
Bennc2@aol.com
Well, no surprise the Flute has been sold, if others are interested though I'll still hold on to offers in the event the purchaser changes their mind
Ben
Last edited by Ben Shaffer on Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gcollins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gcollins »

Why would you want to sell this flute?
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

I think he's selling as stated above to finance a set of pipes...you know, one hit and you're hooked... :lol:
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Lemme guess, Jessie has already snapped it up.......

Loren
sturob

Post by sturob »

Yep . . . one more flute to put in that big tupperware box thing.

:)

Stuart
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Tupperware?
~JessieD
sturob

Post by sturob »

Well, I associate you (Jessie) with a very vague memory of a big plastic box (Tupperware-esque) in which a lot of boxwood flutes were/are stored.

Was that you? Maybe it was someone else. Maybe I was blinded by the boxwood.

Stuart
toddyboy50

Post by toddyboy50 »

Somebody's most likely snapped up the flute.... I've been sending emails since early morning, and received nary a reply - Tod
"Now your dancing child with his Chinese suit, he spoke to me, I took his flute. No, I wasn’t very cute to him, was I..." - Bob Dylan
toddyboy50

Post by toddyboy50 »

Ooops, see that it's sold now.... well I really didn't want it anyway - yeah right :sniffle: - Tod
"Now your dancing child with his Chinese suit, he spoke to me, I took his flute. No, I wasn’t very cute to him, was I..." - Bob Dylan
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

My flutes have never been in tupperware.
~JessieD
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

sturob wrote:Well, I associate you (Jessie) with a very vague memory of a big plastic box (Tupperware-esque) in which a lot of boxwood flutes were/are stored.

Was that you? Maybe it was someone else. Maybe I was blinded by the boxwood.
Stuart, if it's boxwood and Tupperware it is probably I. Although it's only three boxwood flutes. So far. (Haven't needed the vessels the last couple of summers -- it hasn't dipped below 70% RH indoors since like April this year, and it was even wetter last year.)
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
sturob

Post by sturob »

JessieK wrote:My flutes have never been in tupperware.
Yes, well, lest your righteous indignation get the best of you, it was someone who had a Tupperware-style foot locker into which said person put the flute cases . . . you know, for stable conditions (humidity-wise).

Stuart
Bretton
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Post by Bretton »

There's a local gal who plays a beautiful blackwood keyed flute and keeps it wrapped up in a towell in a tupperwear container. I think she has a sponge in there too...moisture issues I guess.

:party:
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

sturob wrote:Yes, well, lest your righteous indignation get the best of you,...
Stuart, my righteous indignation, when directed toward you, has nothing to do with this thread, and you know that. I will never again take anything you say in a good way if there is a chance that it was meant otherwise. In this thread, you made a comment about my collecting, implying that I don't care about my instruments. That's hogwash. I love them, as people can and should love inanimate objects. Don't you care about yours? You have quite a few also, I understand. I commented on the tupperware because I didn't want my righteous indignation to get the better of me, and I was pleased to have a minor inaccuracy with which to quibble.

I will not carry this further. I have a busy weekend, full of get-togethers and positive real-life encounters. You are not worth it. But you didn't slip under my radar. You are, indeed, an enemy of your own making.
~JessieD
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

I think displays of the collections amassed are a little distasteful, partcularly on a forum on which there are often posts from young and old alike who struggle to afford a single PVC flute.

The eleventh commandment:
thou shalt not rain on
somebody else's parade.
I've always enjoyed these pictures, cause I could see what the
flutes looked like. I like pictures of people's sportscars too,
always having wanted one.

The twelth commandment (or at least suggestion) is to
take Jessie as she is. Peace