Foul mouthed a55hole dissing Ireland! Unbelievable ..read on

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

....much ado about nothing.....sigh.
Martin Milner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Martin Milner »

feadogin wrote:Oh, you guys. :)

I think the original message on the Session was saying that there are a55holes in both Ireland and the U.S.

And of course, there are also wonderful people like us in both Ireland and the U.S. (Awwww). :)

Justine
Hey, there are a55holes in England too! I reckon we've got more here than the U.S. and Ireland put together! So nyaaaah sucks boo.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Martin, I wasn't going to say anything...but.... :twisted:
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Martin Milner wrote:Hey, there are a55holes in England too!
No Martin, there are Rsoles in England. You're not being corrupted by a certain colonial influence are you? :D
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)

Post by Guest »

fiddleronvermouth wrote:
Are you claiming that there are, in fact, no wierdos in Ireland and I'm as "a55hole" to imply it's a possibility?
You are the person talking about 'Irish' people who are ...irritating, distracting ...other stuff..

Just a little curious why aren't interested in Canadians who pose here in the USA at sessions as Americans complete with Stars and Bars headscarfs?

Or why don't you include Californians who pose in Dublin sessions wearing IRA Tee shirts?
Last edited by Guest on Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Look out Toasty, Great Big Billy Goat Gruff's coming. :D
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

jeepers, you think you are all soooooooo important...well get this:
I've got one a55hole too.
Hoed

Post by Hoed »

toasty wrote:You are the person talking about 'Irish' people who are ...irritating, distracting ...other stuff..

Just a little curious why aren't interested in Candians who pose here in the USA at sessions as Americans complete with Stars and Bars headscarfs?

Or why dont you include Californians who pose in Dublin sessions wearing IRA Tee shirts?
As she explained earlier, the reason why she came up with the thread at thesession.org is this:
fiddleronvermouth wrote: There are good people and fools all over the world. The only reason I singled out Ireland is; Ireland is the only place anyone has ever claimed is some kind of perfect fool-free wonderland.
So ... I don't understand what this has to do with these "Candians who pose here in the USA at sessions as Americans complete with Stars and Bars headscarfs". It's a way different context.

I don't think fiddler is being rude to Irish people in general, but is just making a point that Ireland isn't the holy land everyone seems to think. As far as I see it, it's not supposed to be an insult, but an eye-opener and starting point of a discussion.

Still can't figure out why this discussion is held *here* and not at the place of origin (http://www.thesession.org/discussions/display.php/4547).
"Ken sent me"
- Larry Laffer
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Hoed wrote:Still can't figure out why this discussion is held *here* and not at the place of origin (http://www.thesession.org/discussions/display.php/4547).
I can't either, but it's not the first time.
Reasonable person
Walden
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Hoed wrote:Still can't figure out why this discussion is held *here* and not at the place of origin (http://www.thesession.org/discussions/display.php/4547).
My thoughts exactly...but the bigger question here is why on earth am I still reading it? :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

I still don't know what a "schrawbing fuddle" is. :( And the Slough of Despond edges nearer and nearer. :cry:
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
TomB

Re: My goodness!

Post by TomB »

Azalin wrote:
fiddleronvermouth wrote: And hello to everyone else. It's a real pleasure to meet you.
Kerri :twisted:
Wow, our Kerri on Chiff & Fipple! Sorry, "ma cochonne", but there's no guitar player with tatoos here! ;-)

PS: This message might offend some french-speaking readers, please be advised that "ma cochonne" is an inside joke between her and I... Who reads french anyway here? Americans don't...
I kind of do. I used to a heck of a lot better. I went to a Catholic grammar school where we had to do the French thing. Also, being that my grandparents came here from Quebec, I heard lots of French spoken as a child. Sadly, that was a long time ago, and since I have not had the opportunity to use it, most of it is lost. Too bad, I sort of enjoyed it.

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

GaryKelly wrote:I still don't know what a "schrawbing fuddle" is. :(
Take a good look at me. I am not just a schrawbing fuddle: I am the Schrawbing Fuddle.
/Bloomfield
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

toasty wrote: Just a little curious why aren't interested in Candians who pose here in the USA at sessions as Americans complete with Stars and Bars headscarfs?
a55hole! :P
TomB

Post by TomB »

Bloomfield wrote:
GaryKelly wrote:I still don't know what a "schrawbing fuddle" is. :(
Take a good look at me. I am not just a schrawbing fuddle: I am the Schrawbing Fuddle.
Wow, those were exaclty my thoughts the first time I met you. I took one look at you and said to myself- "Self, Bloomfield is THE Schrawbing Fuddle. Any other Scharwibing Fuddles as just wannabes."

All the Best,

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"