Just waiting on the Davy Spillane whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Zubivka
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Zubivka »

MarcusR wrote:Great one Zub, count me in!

And from the earnings of the Ebay sale, we’ll make a re-investment and buy a ... to pass around. In about twenty years we will have tried every whistle worth a toot. :D
Worth it... or not.

Anyway it's safer than making a C&F team to count cards in Las Vegas...

Also, we could reinvest our (undoubtedly huge) profits in a...

Davy Squealane Hooligan Pipe! :D (doesn't he allegedly make his own?)
trisha

Post by trisha »

Another attempt from the Invisible Poster :roll:

And I quote our very own Gary Humphries, Dec 2001

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 10:06 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received a reply from Spillane today regarding my enquiry on purchasing a low D from him:
Quote:

We have a howerd style low d in stock at £175 uk sterling + £7 p+p.
if you are interested please send a bankers draft to:

D SPILLANE
LOUGH SOUTH
LISCANNOR
CO CLARE
IRELAND

Thank you

To which I replied:
Quote:

Thanks for the reply, but I'm interested in purchasing one of your hand made Overton style low D whistles... not a Howard style.
Could you please give me some purchasing information regarding those whistles?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was a reply to this on the original thread. Can someone pleeese show me evidence of any of these bought in the last three years?

Trisha
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Zubivka wrote: How about this: you raise a fund, each member chipping in, say $20, to the "D. Spillover Investments Inc."
When you get your 200 euros + P&H raised, put in on a tour....
A thought....

THAT would require sending $$$ to an unreliable person in the HOPES that a whistle would show up. :-? Having the whistle sent up front would not require any risk at all. Seems pretty logical to me. If not, oh well.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

We could have however many people (200 euros = roughly $243) each donate a dollar to dale so he can get one and solve the mystery, and then after he's done with it he can hold a raffle and all of the donors have a chance to win!
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

count me in!
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Hey, never one to sit idly by and let life pass me by...I'll even go TWO dollars to Dale for this project! :D
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

I suppose it depends on whether Dale would WANT to do it, lol, or perhaps someone else would like to take up the collection? Someone well known preferably. I'd offer if I wasn't about to, you know, skip the country and all.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

avanutria wrote:We could have however many people (200 euros = roughly $243) each donate a dollar to dale so he can get one and solve the mystery, and then after he's done with it he can hold a raffle and all of the donors have a chance to win!
That would be cool way to do it IF there is actually a whistle to purchase. Trisha's post from THREE PLUS YEARS ago brings that point home big time.

I am not usually so pesimistic, but man........
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:roll:
I suppose it's only a matter of time before somebody realises that your man Laban lives in Miltown Malby which is only a short spin down the road from Liscannor.
If one of ye was to talk nice to the man he might organise a little fact finding trip, just to pass the time some evening.

There ye are now,
Slan,
D.
:wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
emmline

Post by emmline »

Ain't you just down the road from thar' too, Dub? I mean...aren't those islands kind of all one place anyway? (bracing myself...:tomato: )
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Emm, after that one you might want to trade your nice new tea-drinking hoodie for a flak jacket, with a quickness. :D
emmline

Post by emmline »

It was a perfidious comment.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:boggle:
Do I detect a note of sarcasm......
or his bedfellow sardonicism?
Now when I return home after the early shift the last thing I need to read is a posting which is certain to bring me to a state of near collapse!
I am, however, prepared to put this down to Emms exuberance after her recent milestone posting.The time has now come to put the cork back into the Sherry bottle and come back down to the real world where small islands on the western extremity of Europe are surrounded by water and people have gotta sweep.

Slan,
D.

:wink:

W.B.Yeats
emmline

Post by emmline »

dubhlinn wrote: small islands on the western extremity of Europe are surrounded by water and people have gotta sweep.
makes it easy...you don't need a dustpan!
Luv ya'! (oops, sorry...apologies for my yankee exuberance!)
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

emmline wrote:
dubhlinn wrote: small islands on the western extremity of Europe are surrounded by water and people have gotta sweep.
makes it easy...you don't need a dustpan!
Luv ya'! (oops, sorry...apologies for my yankee exuberance!)
:lol: :lol:
Now THAT kind of exuberance I could get used to.

Slan,
D. :D

W.B.Yeats