Dale Wisely Reviews Michael Mann's "Collateral'

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
SirNick
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

DaleWisely wrote:Here's how the movie ends. Tom Cruise's character falls in love with the cab driver. Tom Cruise is not gay, but his affections for the cab driver break through the normal parameters of heterosexuality and so he loves him. The cab driver, who is homosexual, is too frightened & repulsed by Tom Cruise's character to return his love. They sit in the cab and openly discuss their feelings, inexplicably in Russian. (The subtitles are French and so not very helpful to me). Both then see a shadowy figure walking up the road. As the figure gets closer and steps into the influence of a streetlight, it is a clown. But this is not a normal clown, it is Bozo the Clown. Instead of the usual big floppy shoes, Bozo wears firefighter's boots. He is smoking a cigar. He is walking a pet rabbit on a leash. Both Tom Cruise and the cab driver stare transfixed. Bozo is slowly levitated from the street and is assumed into the heavens. The rabbit hops away, trailing it's leash. We see an extreme close up of the rabbit's eye. Reflected in the eye is an image of former U.S. Secretary of the Interior James Watt. Fade to black.
That was James Watt!!! :o I thought it was the Quaker Oats guy!! That makes a big difference!! I thought it was a comment on breakfast choices. But no, a symbol of childrens joy and adults fear being spiritually swept away from the natural incarnation of James Watt! Brilliant! :boggle:
That director is a revolutionary genius!!! It's made me re-think me views on the subject.
"You have my undivided attention"
Rando7

Post by Rando7 »

DaleWisely wrote:Here's how the movie ends. Tom Cruise's character falls in love with the cab driver. Tom Cruise is not gay, but his affections for the cab driver break through the normal parameters of heterosexuality and so he loves him. The cab driver, who is homosexual, is too frightened & repulsed by Tom Cruise's character to return his love. They sit in the cab and openly discuss their feelings, inexplicably in Russian. (The subtitles are French and so not very helpful to me). Both then see a shadowy figure walking up the road. As the figure gets closer and steps into the influence of a streetlight, it is a clown. But this is not a normal clown, it is Bozo the Clown. Instead of the usual big floppy shoes, Bozo wears firefighter's boots. He is smoking a cigar. He is walking a pet rabbit on a leash. Both Tom Cruise and the cab driver stare transfixed. Bozo is slowly levitated from the street and is assumed into the heavens. The rabbit hops away, trailing it's leash. We see an extreme close up of the rabbit's eye. Reflected in the eye is an image of former U.S. Secretary of the Interior James Watt. Fade to black.
So where does the cow come in? I'm starting to think SirNick made up the whole cow thing.