Does anyone have this problem???

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Whistling Willie
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Does anyone have this problem???

Post by Whistling Willie »

Hi all,I have really got into the whistle in the last few weeks,my wife bought me a Goldie Overton sop D last week :D but this whistling is killing me :boggle:
I am working night shift this week (in work now) so I finish at 7:00am,usually I would go home,take my dog for a walk,come back have some breakfast,get a shower and go to bed,yesterday morning I done all that,then got my whistle out and started playing.3:00pm I was going to bed at :boggle: and up again at 6:30pm for another session.
I am in work now and I am totally shattered,but I know that I will do the same in the morning :lol:

Somebody save me :boggle: :boggle:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

You have been assimilated. Muuuahahahaha.
Chuck_Clark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Sounds like the rather typical obsessive-compulsive behavior of anyone with a new car, girl friend or whistle. I wouldn't worry. Within the next few weeks you'll either come to terms with the whistle and adopt a more realistic schedule such as playing when you should be going to work or letting the dog walk hinself so you can use that time for playing. Or else you'll be wandering to work in a blue haze of exhaustion and be run over by a bus load of elderly American tourists exploring the land that their great grandfathers were starved out of.

Either way, the problem will work itself out.
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues
Whistling Willie
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Chuck_Clark wrote:Sounds like the rather typical obsessive-compulsive behavior of anyone with a new car, girl friend or whistle. I wouldn't worry. Within the next few weeks you'll either come to terms with the whistle and adopt a more realistic schedule such as playing when you should be going to work or letting the dog walk hinself so you can use that time for playing. Or else you'll be wandering to work in a blue haze of exhaustion and be run over by a bus load of elderly American tourists exploring the land that their great grandfathers were starved out of.

Either way, the problem will work itself out.
Very good chuck,another option is that I should have brought it to work with me :D :D
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

You will soon tire of this whistle. Then you will need a Copland, an O'Riordan, an Alba, or a Humphreys. Where will it end? I can't tell you because I haven't got there yet. I need more.

Ron
SirNick
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

You must own at least a D of every whistle maker so you'll be able to figure out which makers you want to get whole sets from!
"You have my undivided attention"
JillyKB

Post by JillyKB »

It's oh so nice to know that I am hardly the only person on earth with a near-obsessive drive to play the whisle :P. Now if only SirNick's proposition of buying a D whistle by every maker was actually an affordable idea *daydreams of such a glorious time*
Whistling Willie

I'm already thinking that I NEED more whistles,only got 2 at the moment,Susato and Overton.
I desperatley need to feed my habit :boggle:
Mustn't tell anyone,I couldn't bear the loneliness and the social stigma attatched to such a dirty habit :twisted:
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Hello. My name is Chuck and I have WhOA.
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

It's obvious you have Attention Deficit Dissorder. You need to go get a big bottle of Amphetamines right away! You may need to visit two or three doctors to get enough.
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
KDMARTINKY

Post by KDMARTINKY »

Listen, tomorrow after work....go straight to a psychiatrist....you definitely have a diagnosis which can be found in the DSM-V book for psychiatric disorders (since I'm not a physician I am not liberty to say what you may or may not have). . You need to get help as soon as you can though...it's only going to get worse. I wouldn't drive if i were you....try to get your wife to drive. If you drive you'll end up missing your appointment because you'll pull off on the side of the road ....and we all know were that will lead. :lol: Listen I have been there....its going to be hard to over come...but you'll do find after you get help. Good Luck!
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
Whistling Willie

I'm home from work now,have taken the dog out,haven't even had breakfast yet (08:24am) and already I'm getting my fix :twisted:
More coffee to keep me awake :boggle:
It's going to be another long day.
I feel so guilty that I'm abusing myself in this way :twisted:
Whistling Willie

Right it's off to bed,I can hardley keep my eyes open. :boggle:
Have recorded a few tunes for the first time...does anyone know of a free prog. to convert from wav to mp3?

Think I have overdosed this morning....it's getting dangerous :moreevil: