Free cat to a good home!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
WhistlingGypsy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by WhistlingGypsy »

For those of you who like cats - to eat that is!!

Link Removed
Last edited by WhistlingGypsy on Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers Image
Gerry
Think before you Think before you Post!
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Quote: "If you would like to help me to further this ongoing study, please send all of your expensive OBOEs (especially Copelands and Abells) so I can test each one individually...on the cat of course!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm....methinks I detect an evil whistle (I mean Oboe) stealing scam. The cat is just a decoy.... :D :D :D
OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

WhistlingGypsy wrote:For those of you who like cats - to eat that is!!

Link removed here too :)
Oh yeah, that's a lovely link - not!

Not one but two adware/spyware packages you're asked to install and at least one of them hangs you in an endless loop "install... yes or no" - "you must answer yes to view this content" "install... yes or no" - "you must answer yes to view this content" with no escape. I had to use the task manager to kill IE to escape.

I wouldn't click on this one folks!
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
curioso

Post by curioso »

Try desensitization!

Lock the cat in a room for several hours every day with a CD constantly playing whistle music. With luck he'll soon be trained to run when he spots your whistle coming to your lips!
John Allison

Post by John Allison »

HOUSTON, WE HAVE A MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH!

I had to do a little housework today so I put on my favourite mix of uilleann pipes and whistles CD to help pass the time. When the first tune with Laurence Nugent playing a D whistle came on the cat just went SPASTIC. First he ran to me to chew the darned whistle to pieces. When he saw I didn't have one he just sat and howled through the whole tune! It turns out there are only certain frequencies that set him off...that's why one of the lower whistles give him fits also.

I guess my only solution is to either put electrical tape over the affected holes and play unique versions of tunes, or build my own tabor pipe that is "cat friendly". Or maybe I could just put the electrical tape over the cat's ears... :twisted:
paulsdad

Post by paulsdad »

My adult female cat always decides to go outside as soon as I begin playing my whistle!

This weekend we adopted 2 kittens that my 16 year old son and his buddy rescued. Someone dumped off 8 kittens at a boat landing along the Yadkin River about 2 weeks ago.

I decided to get the kittens used to the whistle while they are still young and impressionable. Last night while they were sleeping in my lap, I played my whistle. They stirred when I first started, but didn't hate it bad enough to wake up and leave!

Call the animal cruelty people! :D

Paulsdad
John Allison

Post by John Allison »

The "FREE CAT" offer is back on!!

The cat has now been showing his distaste for ALL musical instruments. Yesterday morning I caught him with a practice chanter, I mean CLARINET, in the bathroom floor chewing on the end of it. Last night he got mad at me and attacked three of the OBOES beside my bed. This afternoon while I was playing my GHB TUBA, he attacked my foot and took a bite out of it. Needless to say, the cat is in the garage while I practice.

So, if you would like a beautiful, male, neutered, declawed, 5-year old cat, that loves children and whistles please let me know. I am willing to mail him anywhere in the world. And for all animal fanatics, I will be sure to mark the envelope to be Hand Stamped only.

:devil:
vomitbunny
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by vomitbunny »

Put something on the end of the whistle the cat won't like. There is some yucky stuff you put on a kid's thumb to stop sucking it. Might try that.
Maybe a dab of hot sause. I remember giving my cat a piece of cheese one time and not realizing it had some tabasco on it. One unhappy cat there for a couple of minutes.
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
toughknot

Post by toughknot »

Make a small boxing ring out of a cardboard box, pencils and string, stand a whistle upright in the ring. Tape a picture of Ossama BinLaden ( or Bush or Kerry ) to the whistle.Place the cat in the ring.Put little cat boxing gloves on him.Get the video camera ready. Play a recording of you playing the whistle. Tape the brawl. Post this on your website.Charge for advertising on your site.Get rich,sit on the back porch, eat S'mores.Or play any shape or key recorder, tuba you want as cat now has own home and a butler.Visit cat on Mondays. :party:
Jack

Post by Jack »

If you want, I'll take him. He'll go well with my 47 other cats. :)

(For the record, the last time I checked it is possible and legal to ship animals, but you have to do it through airlines and it's really expensive.)