chat probs

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ysgwd

Post by ysgwd »

how do I fix that after a few minutes I can no longer see comments of others--the little Netscape N quits sparkling and when I click say, my words stay where I put them, giving me that sinking feeling that people think I'm being rude....
Lisa
TelegramSam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TelegramSam »

use internet explorer.

netscape stanks.
ysgwd

Post by ysgwd »

I'm allergic to Microsoft....
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

take an antihistamine.

Benadryl is good for the soul.
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

Make sure that you've got Javascript enabled. If your connection is timing out, there's not much that can be done (are you behind a proxy?) but the constant-scrolling-down is a Javascript thing.

What version of Netscape?

Or, use a standalone IRC client like mIRC to connect to binky.rhizomatic.net, channel #chiffy.

Random chat thought: Is it preferable to have an up-to-the-minute count of web-chat users that doesn't count IRC-client users, or an every-N-minutes count that includes everyone on the channel? N would probably equal 15.
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

bypass all of that conflict and logon directly with mIRC http://www.mirc.com it's a relatively small interface that loads quickly and takes you to IRC channels without an internet 'browser'.
The only thing I miss is Netscape allows for cutting & pasting. I haven't loaded the latest version of mIRC so I can't confirm if they have added that feature.
ysgwd

Post by ysgwd »

I'll go back to IRC now that Rich has fixed the counter problem.

Thanks ya'll
Lisa
CDon

Post by CDon »

I installed mIRC last evening, and in tinkering around with it, have a few questions, naturally:

Once you connet to our chat server 'binky.rhizomatic.net', is it possible, without connecting to the channel, to check #chiffy to see if anyone, or perhaps who, is currently connected to the channel?

Also, Can you set a sound to 'ping' when someone new connects to the channel?
NancyF

Post by NancyF »

On 2002-03-04 21:13, Tony wrote:
......The only thing I miss is Netscape allows for cutting & pasting. I haven't loaded the latest version of mIRC so I can't confirm if they have added that feature.....
However, you can paste to the typing line and if anyone pastes a link, it is active even though it doesn't change color.

Cheers, Nancy F