Survivor

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
janice

Survivor

Post by janice »

Yes I HATE to admit it...but I watched the Survivor finale last night.

Did anyone else notice "O'Carolan's Concerto" being played in the backround while Rob and Amber were cavorting around the island?

(played on re****er, no less)
vomitbunny
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by vomitbunny »

Really? Wow. I just found that tune a couple weeks ago. That doesn't mean I'm gonna start watching or anything.......
I'm claiming the moral high ground here. I refuse to watch any television except for The Simpsons and Southpark.
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

The "Concerto" doesn't excuse you, Janice.

Me, I like nature shows to watch the bugs hump.
Chuck_Clark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Survivor

Post by Chuck_Clark »

janice wrote:...I watched the Survivor finale last night..."O'Carolan's Concerto"...
Is that supposed to be a mitigating factor, Janice? Some things are, after all, completely inexcusable.

Survivor: hundreds of cast members...fully staffed million dollar infirmary...commissary just over the hill...helicopters and ATVs flittling about whenever the (many) cameras are pointed elsewhere.

Hah! I say HAH!!! This has got to be the largest load of hogwash ever unloaded on a populace that had already amply demonstrated it's guileless gullibility vis-a-vis NASCAR and the "sport" of professional wrestling.

Some things are so stupid they beggar belief. Doesn't matter what I think, though. I'm sure the trailer parks of America are all a-twitter today.

IMHO, if they really wanted to call the damnable thing "SURVIVOR", it would have automatic cameras, no crew, no medical facilities, no backup food sources and one knife hidden somewhere on the silliy island.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Nanohedron wrote:The "Concerto" doesn't excuse you, Janice.

Me, I like nature shows to watch the bugs hump.
What, you think they don't show bugs humping on Survivor? Au contraire, Nano...they even show stuff like deer and elephants going poopoo.

(not that I would know, or anything...yeah....)
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Deer and elephant emissions? That's the edifying content, I'll warrant. :P
emmline

Post by emmline »

Chuck_Clark wrote: Hah! I say HAH!!!
Always a good thing to say, don't ya' know.
Chuck_Clark wrote:I'm sure the trailer parks of America are all a-twitter today.
shoot and dang it. You mean I have to move to a trailer park now on account of how I watch Survivor? Well...be easier to clean.

(no offense intended, honest! No really! I love schlock-avoiding people! It's practically my entire family tree. They can't figure out why I'd watch that show. I think it's a genetic mutation, like I have six legs on my 47th chromosome or something...so now it's my turn to say Hah! HAH!!! I'm ahead by a whole chromosome and several legs!)
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

Uh.....ya'll have to excuse me. I was raised on Southpark and Simpsons. All this poopy caca talk is making me blush.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

:moreevil: Hey, I watch it. I like it. :moreevil:

Actually, I think it's fun to watch these folk interact under weird, stressful conditions. Undoubtedly the rice rich diet destroys brain cells and logical thought in most. And, when they " bond" and then are sooooooo upset that their "friend" voted them off, the one they had an alliance with....

It's a GAME. :P
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
sturob

Post by sturob »

That's just it. It's like Dan Brown books . . . there's just the ONE storyline.

Seriously, has anyone ever been surprised by any of the turns in any of those shows? Anyone? Bueller?

:)

I don't watch them because it's coolER to be able to say I don't watch them. Kinda like the 21st-century version of the CRAP that shoots out of people's mouths regarding the BOOK from which ANY MOVIE was made.

I mean, seriously, "Oh, yeah, the book was better." Duh, people. Duh. Did you think of that line during or after study hall?

:)

Stuart
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

What? It's the rice killing brain cells? I thought it was the programming.......
Funny. Smoking crack is illegal. Three's Company ran for over five years and was perfectly legal to watch. Does this make sense?
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Chuck_Clark wrote: Hah! I say HAH!!! This has got to be the largest load of hogwash ever unloaded on a populace that had already amply demonstrated it's guileless gullibility vis-a-vis NASCAR and the "sport" of professional wrestling.
Oh, there is Roller Derby too. I also have my suspicions about NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, MLS and any other Major League out there. Whenever there is money to be made, be suspicious of the 'winner.'
cowtime wrote:It's a GAME.
:twisted: IT"S A FARCE! :twisted:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

I heard it, Janice (yes, I watched the finale with my daughter - a Survivor fan).... and wondered how long it would be before someone started a thread: "Does anybody know who played the tune on the Survivor finale and what whistle they were playing?" Then it will become a FAQ on the site and Dale will have to do an article on it and it will become a mystery and rumors will abound that it was Davy Spillane on one of his new whistles or Mary Bergin on a duct-tape-wrapped Generation or Joanie Madden on a Bb O'Riordan. ;)

Susan
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

sturob wrote:
I don't watch them because it's coolER to be able to say I don't watch them.
Stuart
Somewhere , along about 1971, I quit doing ANYTHING because it was "cooler". 8)
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Ah, give me "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" any day of the week! The music isn't so great but the scenery makes up for it! :wink:

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!