$5400 Raffle - What a great community! :)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

wouldn't it be funny if the goldies would win a goldie? :)
SwtCaro
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by SwtCaro »

I got one of the Clarke tinwhistle sets. I already have a Clarke D and the Bill Ochs book w/CD, so I'm not sure what I'll do with it. Maybe I'll save it for somebody's birthday present or something. :) Then it can keep making people happy.

Pretty cool raffle all around. Yaay Jessie!

Caroline
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I made two flagrant errors (that I know of so far) and one that could have turned into one.

There were two women with the same first name and last initial, who won. In correspondence with one, I mistakenly thought she referred to something in a PM I'd sent to the other one, and I concluded that they were the same woman, so, thinking I was removing a duplicate win, I replaced the second one with a newly picked ticket. Since I had already notified the winners, she knew she was on the list, but then she didn't get anything. Arghh!

In organizing the list, I accidentally gave the same prize to two people.

I also somehow copied the wrong e-mail address for someone, so he didn't get back to me until the prizes were given out. Fortunately, I think he was low enough on the list that it wouldn't have made a difference.

New mommies probably shouldn't run raffles.
Last edited by JessieK on Thu May 06, 2004 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
~JessieD
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Jessie,
I'll be happy to donate my prize to make up one of the extra winners, if they are into the Low Whistle Book w/CD. I am really happy that I've won (small compensation for the hair loss, but still), but I think I may be a bit past the Low Whistle Book, and wouldn't get much use out of it.
/Bloomfield
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

It's cool...it has pictures of famous people in Low Whistling, like Colin!

But I'll ask her if she wants it. Thanks for the offer.
~JessieD
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

JessieK wrote:It's cool...it has pictures of famous people in Low Whistling, like Colin!

But I'll ask her if she wants it. Thanks for the offer.
Well, then I'll look at the pictures first and send sent it to additional winner afterwards. :)
/Bloomfield
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Bloomy, she doesn't want it. Thanks, though.
~JessieD
Montana

Post by Montana »

Hey Jessie,
Great cat! (in your picture on page 1)
Everyone looks so cozy. Not a bad working environment.
Jeferson

Post by Jeferson »

amar wrote:wouldn't it be funny if the goldies would win a goldie? :)
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. At least we have a parallel event happening. Bloomfield won something that is "previously loved." ;)

Jef
CiaranOC

Post by CiaranOC »

Jessie;

I reckon if you can manage to simultaenously raise a newborn baby and $5,400 for a great cause (:boggle:) then MadForTrad can manage another tutorial (of the winner's choice - delivery included) if it would make your life a bit easier. The available selection can be seen by visiting www.MadForTrad.com and clicking on "Tutorials".

Let me know if that's a solution or if there's anything else we can help with.

Cheers;

Ciaran
franfriel

Post by franfriel »

Jessie,

This should not come out of your own pocket. Let us know how much you need. I'm willing to kick in some more cash to help make up for the error. If that doesn't work, I'll offer to give up my Tully.

Peace,
Fran
:)
An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth creates a world that is blind and toothless - Ghandi

I suspect blind and toothless may not be optimum for good whistle playing...but then again...
glauber

Post by glauber »

Jessie, it shouldn't come out of your pocket. I'll help pay for the Weasel if needed.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I will offer the woman the MadForTrad tutorial (thank you, Ciaran!) and tell her to contact you if she would like it.

This community is great. :)

People who are offering to give up your prizes, I know you mean well, but that's not actually helpful. I have done a lot of work and have packed everything up already, have notified al the holders of prizes whom to ship them to. If you give up your prize, it would make more, not less, work for me.
Last edited by JessieK on Thu May 06, 2004 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
~JessieD
franfriel

Post by franfriel »

If she doesn't go for the CD, Jessie, please let us know and I'll send you some cash.

Thanks again for all your efforts!

Fran
8)
An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth creates a world that is blind and toothless - Ghandi

I suspect blind and toothless may not be optimum for good whistle playing...but then again...
norseman

Post by norseman »

Jessie, if she doesn't want the MadForTrad tutorial CD, I would take that instead of the Water Weasel. I definately agree with the others that you shouldn't have to pay for another prize. I will certainly help pay for the whistle if the tutorial CD has already been taken.

I bought the tickets like everyone else; wanting to help out a good cause, and not really expecting to win anything. Winning a prize was just a nice bonus.

I've only been a member of this group for a short time, but I'm already overwhelmed at the generosity and helpfulness of the members. It's difficult to feel at home in most online communities, but this group manages to do it very well!!

Bob